CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I submit this for the approval of the CNRP community:

I want to start researching a sekrit weapon (if you played WaW's Shi No Numa map you'll know what I'm talking about :ph34r: ) but I don't know if it'll be allowed.

The weapon is the WunderWaffe Die Glocke 2. Shortened WWDG-2. It is powered by Element 115, or Ununpentium (sp?). When fired, it shoots out a ray of electricity (or Unnpentium, whichever you prefer) and would be heavily researched and explained before created and put into use in the Wehrmacht. It is extremely heavy, unwieldly and hard to reload, thus balancing out the obvious overpoweredness. It would require a team of 2 highly trained men to operate and carry effectively.

Thoughts? Discussions? Ideas?

I submit this for the approval of the CNRP community:

I want to start researching a sekrit weapon (if you played WaW's Shi No Numa map you'll know what I'm talking about :ph34r: ) but I don't know if it'll be allowed.

The weapon is the WunderWaffe Die Glocke 2. Shortened WWDG-2. It is powered by Element 115, or Ununpentium (sp?). When fired, it shoots out a ray of electricity (or Unnpentium, whichever you prefer) and would be heavily researched and explained before created and put into use in the Wehrmacht. It is extremely heavy, unwieldly and hard to reload, thus balancing out the obvious overpoweredness. It would require a team of 2 highly trained men to operate and carry effectively.

Thoughts? Discussions? Ideas?

Would basically be the same if I strapped an electrolaser to a battery and made it small enough to be carried by infantry. :V

Electric weapons need a lot of power, even if this mysterious Ununpentium 'provides' a lot of this energy. We're talking about tens of thousands of volts to get through the atmosphere, not to mention than lightning would rather go to the metal that shot it than the air it's going into.

All in all, I'd say no.

This is probably a smacktard post made time and time again by boons in the 100+ pages of this, and I'm sorry for taking up the space to ask, but where should I write and then post my CNRP Factbook to? Is there a dedicated thread for them somewhere or do you just post your own?

This is probably a smacktard post made time and time again by boons in the 100+ pages of this, and I'm sorry for taking up the space to ask, but where should I write and then post my CNRP Factbook to? Is there a dedicated thread for them somewhere or do you just post your own?

You just post it here in the Open National, not in one of the subforums, and then link to it in your signature.

Would basically be the same if I strapped an electrolaser to a battery and made it small enough to be carried by infantry. :V

Electric weapons need a lot of power, even if this mysterious Ununpentium 'provides' a lot of this energy. We're talking about tens of thousands of volts to get through the atmosphere, not to mention than lightning would rather go to the metal that shot it than the air it's going into.

All in all, I'd say no.

I did say it could either shoot electricity or Ununpentium, whichever is more realistic. (Then again, the Wunderwaffe isn't realistic in the first place, so...)

I did say it could either shoot electricity or Ununpentium, whichever is more realistic. (Then again, the Wunderwaffe isn't realistic in the first place, so...)

Neither of them is realistic.

Mostly because we already know how UUP will likely behave.

And hand-held electrolasers are even out of my league.

All in all, no. Just no. Don't let the games affect you that much ;).

How would you get the compound? More importantly, how can you get the compound and make it exist long enough to use? As Lynneth said, what is telling the electricity to go that way? (the gun also seems to shoot ball lightning). There are intensivly more useful guns than that one, not to mention cheaper.

Wonder what you'll say when the teleport-including german research center with the ability to upgrade your old guns comes out :P.

For tech trading, does one have to purchase the equipment, teams, training manuals, etc. Or can we RP the purchase of the equipment as well as the development of the training around it?

When I did tech training with Sithis I RP'd the equipment, training manuals, installation, maintenance, all sorts of !@#$. Then again, back then it was much easier.

Does the scale matter if models and equipment is transported?

All in all, no. Just no. Don't let the games affect you that much ;).

How would you get the compound? More importantly, how can you get the compound and make it exist long enough to use? As Lynneth said, what is telling the electricity to go that way? (the gun also seems to shoot ball lightning). There are intensivly more useful guns than that one, not to mention cheaper.

Wonder what you'll say when the teleport-including german research center with the ability to upgrade your old guns comes out :P.

Funny. Maybe I'll just RP zombies due to radiation of a failed nuclear reactor, eh? That'd make for an interest- Oh wait. You already did something like that in Dilberia. :P

For tech trading, does one have to purchase the equipment, teams, training manuals, etc. Or can we RP the purchase of the equipment as well as the development of the training around it?

Err...a little RP is good, but not much. More than just one or two lines, but it doesn't have to be an essay, either.

Quick question, out of everyone with a Space program, how many people have actually sent astronauts to the moon?

Just asking because I'm a few weeks from doing it myself

I sent astronauts, as Saboria/Canada

Subtle and Sargun had people on the moon, thanks to the Canadian project. Otherwise, none in recent CNRP-history, as far as I know.

Martens' silly moonbase was secret and is, thanks to Canada, nonexistent, thus nobody would know Martencists ever were up there.

I may have forgotten something or someone, but if so, then they didn't post more than 1 or 2 posts.

Unlike me, who did dozens of posts on the topic.

Subtle and Sargun had people on the moon, thanks to the Canadian project. Otherwise, none in recent CNRP-history, as far as I know.

Martens' silly moonbase was secret and is, thanks to Canada, nonexistent, thus nobody would know Martencists ever were up there.

I may have forgotten something or someone, but if so, then they didn't post more than 1 or 2 posts.

There should still be an Ubersteinian flag on the far side of the moon, from a joint German-Ubersteinian mission.

I landed some, but only in 1 thread. Remind me to spam a bunch of posts leading up to it next time :P.

There should still be an Ubersteinian flag on the far side of the moon, from a joint German-Ubersteinian mission.

Martens told me those flags were near that secret base.

As I've RPd all evidence being removed and the base being disassembled, I'd imagine the flag would now be in Leclerc's possession or disposed of.

Martens told me those flags were near that secret base.

As I've RPd all evidence being removed and the base being disassembled, I'd imagine the flag would now be in Leclerc's possession or disposed of.

NOOOOOO

What did you do with the corpse at the flag? The guy had an oxygen leak after planting it. <__<

NOOOOOO

What did you do with the corpse at the flag? The guy had an oxygen leak after planting it. <__<

<.<

>.>

<.<

Martens never told me about that!

I'd imagine he was either preserved and is, like the flag, in Leclerc's collection, or he was disposed of, too.

Note: The collection is where he, Lynneth (and by proxy, Uber too) are hiding.

<.<

>.>

<.<

Martens never told me about that!

I'd imagine he was either preserved and is, like the flag, in Leclerc's collection, or he was disposed of, too.

Note: The collection is where he, Lynneth (and by proxy, Uber too) are hiding.

Uberstein isn't hiding, he's been kidnapped. :P