CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

Why not? It's not like I'll use the air version nor have automatic AIs.

While I'm going to wait for LVN to disprove its possibility, I'm going to say that this thing won't actually float; And even if it will, the armament you can put on it will be laughable. Similarly, its speed will likely be so slow that a rubber duck is faster.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm going to wait for LVN to disprove its possibility, I'm going to say that this thing won't actually float; And even if it will, the armament you can put on it will be laughable. Similarly, its speed will likely be so slow that a rubber duck is faster.

Explain to me how you would make a star shaped ship work with modern tech, and you could have it. It would be unable to move in a straight line, turn, or even stay upright. I doubt it would float. Present me two numbers, its weight, and volume.

Simply put, something from a game which violates as many laws of physics as that should not be allowed on sheer principal.

Explain to me how you would make a star shaped ship work with modern tech, and you could have it. It would be unable to move in a straight line, turn, or even stay upright. I doubt it would float. Present me two numbers, its weight, and volume.

Simply put, something from a game which violates as many laws of physics as that should not be allowed on sheer principal.

I also forgot to say it's not meant to be movable, more of a floating fortress.

But then, I wasn't being serious with this :P

I also forgot to say it's not meant to be movable, more of a floating fortress.

But then, I wasn't being serious with this :P

It's going to be a sitting duck for naval bombards, blockades, and landing. Unless if that fort has a system which deflects artillery shells, missiles, rockets, and torpedoes, it won't last for long.

Even if it did have such system, it could still be blockaded into starvation.

I personally view saved stats as a cheap method of power gaming. This is CN rp, meaning we use our ingame stats. I was wondering is saved stats meant that they have those stats no matter what happens ingame, or if the have to RP a gradual downturn to their real IG stats?

We use navies IG, nukes IG, why not stick to our IG stats?

Sincerely,

BaronUberstein.

My take is, when you save stats, you save only the stats you mention. I myself saved tech, infra, nukes, soldiers, and tanks. But a decline in any stats we didn't save is probably something that should be done--and you can't advance any further until you re-build to your previous levels. So, this means for me I have to Rp a decline in my air force and navy over time.

In Rp terms, I guess it should further mean is that until you re-build at or close to your saved stats, you cannot research new technology, or something like that.

But the stats you remembered to save are safe.

That's my take. Probably not what you would have liked to hear, but I get the feeling you prefer honesty to other options.

~Subtleknifewielder

I asked subtle a question about saved stats, and this was his reply. I thought I should post it here for us to discuss. I personally like his views about it. You can save your stats, but until you're back up to your saved level you can't advance technologically.

My take is, when you save stats, you save only the stats you mention. I myself saved tech, infra, nukes, soldiers, and tanks. But a decline in any stats we didn't save is probably something that should be done--and you can't advance any further until you re-build to your previous levels. So, this means for me I have to Rp a decline in my air force and navy over time.

In Rp terms, I guess it should further mean is that until you re-build at or close to your saved stats, you cannot research new technology, or something like that.

But the stats you remembered to save are safe.

That's my take. Probably not what you would have liked to hear, but I get the feeling you prefer honesty to other options.

~Subtleknifewielder

I asked subtle a question about saved stats, and this was his reply. I thought I should post it here for us to discuss. I personally like his views about it. You can save your stats, but until you're back up to your saved level you can't advance technologically.

Personally I wish I saved my stats.

Personally, I dont like saved stats. Its exceptions and its annoying. I've always RPed my current stats and if I face a war, I'd reduce what i had to turd central and rebuild. Its called RPing.

This isnt Risk, and people are starting to make it just that.

OOC: As long as you have a screen shot or a means of proving your stats you can RP with them, though that assumes you have the screen shot or some proof.

I believe this isnt it. I believe that if you were part of CNRP, had a screenshot, then it could be saved. Then again, I dont think anyone goes "Oh hey, might need this for later if I ever decide to play CNRP!" and takes a screenshot. Then again, I know some alliances do so that they know how much damage was done.

Either way, I believe the rule is if you were part of CNRP, had a screenshot, then it could be saved.

Saved stats are a crutch to enable those who are devoid of role playing skills. Do away with this useless appendage so that the entire role play scene might benefit from the overall improvement.

Listen to the squirrel, for he is wise.

I am personally for the full removal of it, but we can also aim at a compromise. Subtle said that if their stats aren't near their saved stats, they can't advance technologically in RP. I think we should enforce that and work towards removing saved stats.

I'm not doing anything except trying to get a discussion started about saved stats.

Of course, of course... *grins knowingly*

I am personally for the full removal of it, but we can also aim at a compromise. Subtle said that if their stats aren't near their saved stats, they can't advance technologically in RP. I think we should enforce that and work towards removing saved stats.

*shrugs* I will, of course, abide by any concrete decision the majority can agree on.

------------------

ON another note entirely, you know what I think would be totally :awesome: ? A Command and Conquer game based on the Nordic and ComIntern Alliances, and their respective allies... :D

Of course, of course... *grins knowingly*

*shrugs* I will, of course, abide by any concrete decision the majority can agree on.

------------------

ON another note entirely, you know what I think would be totally :awesome: ? A Command and Conquer game based on the Nordic and ComIntern Alliances, and their respective allies... :D

Or a HoI2 mod.