CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was trying new-ish things. . . and wrecked by unforeseen events  :wacko:

Where do I draw lines between a gullible idiot and baseless paranoia?

If somehow I can't actually trust Sarah of all people who in Mod's name can I trust?

Its called a joke and BSing people do it all the time.  I have to say in all seriousness if your nation which is a parody and asks for tolerance for having school girls run it and other stupid stuff, can't take BSing and joking, and you go OOC emo over it there is something wrong.

Its called a joke and BSing people do it all the time.  I have to say in all seriousness if your nation which is a parody and asks for tolerance for having school girls run it and other stupid stuff, can't take BSing and joking, and you go OOC emo over it there is something wrong.

A difference may exist between for writing nonsense on being tricked into wasting lots of time on false pretenses.

The later isn't anything close to resembling a fun spirited jest.

All that being said I refuse to believe Sarah intentionally did what you might have previously suggested.

Edited by Generalissimo

What neither of them knew at the time however is that off the northwestern coast of the American Commonwealth beneath the sea was the ruins of an ancient civilization. And within these ruins was a golden spherical artifact of ancient power used to keep the sea at bay until something went horribly wrong and destroyed their whole city. The legend goes that whoever controls the artifact could hold control of the seas. (Well at least in an area around the artifact)

What a twist!

There have been several image-only posts recently, so a quick reminder from the forum rules before anyone's warn level is increased:

Spam
Spam is defined as creating posts or topics containing only contentless material of any kind. Users found spamming will receive a warning. Examples include (but are in no way limited to) posts containing nothing but smilies, "+1", "QFT", "this" any other one/few-word contentless combination, joke threads, or posts containing quotes and anything that counts as spam by itself. Adding words to a post with the express intent of avoiding a spam warn will result in a warning. These posts and other similar contributions have no substance and hence are considered spam. Posts containing only images are considered spam, even if the images contain text.

Sounds to me like you just volunteered.   :)

Never again.

Also, thanks IAT for nominating Cent for everything, because polls need two options at least.

Thank you to all the people that nominated me for most diplomatic, most hostile, most active, nicest, most honourable, least honourable, best emerging military and best upcoming player. I am for sure the biggest controversy 2014.

Silesia

With the official declaration of hostilities, the Imperial Army began to dispatch forces to the border region of Silesia. An Imperial BattleGroup, led by General Johans and numbering some one hundred fifity thousand troops; two thousand assorted armoured vehicles; and artillery, began to move towards the area to begin offensive operations. Using dispersed movement patterns and satellite jamming technology, the force would move undetected. ACI - 37 Corvus Gunships and Lu-65 Multi-Role Fighters would conduct patrols.

Alright, Mala you need to be way more reasonable about your troop deployments. You have no prior RP (that I am aware of - if this is not correct please link me to your post) of building up forces near the Silesian border. It is beyond reasonable common sense to think that any nation has the power to organize, move, and deploy that many soldiers without any prior buildup that the other side could notice. Second, You need to be a lot more specific about where you are moving your troops, Silesia is a large place with a varied terrain. It's not as simple as pointing and saying "move" to your troops. Please remember I have an increased border guard presence, and am already at war with Poland - you won't be able to sneak your way in. I will need specifics about your satellite jamming technology. Please link me to your RP where you developed these systems, as they are not part of what you can get through IG items. As you will need to have some kind of build up (as I noted previously) I'll warn you now that I will have seen something and any sort of disruption to my satellites will have been done after your build up. Finally, I will need hard numbers on your air plane deployments and where they are coming from, and where they are going in Silesia. Simply saying conducting patrols is not enough information for me to be able to respond to.

Once you have correct these items I will post my response to both you and Shammy. Depending on the time of corrections, that could unfortunately be pushed to Saturday. 

Edited by Yawoo

Consider the objection to 'satellite jamming' seconded as I myself would love to know how Vekt is jamming the various satellites over the area.

On a different matter I'm going to object to the following:

The Greater Sith Empire shared a significant sized border with the Athenian Federation; however, the Empire had one advantage. Imperial Forces would use the mountains to their advantage. Thousands of self propelled artillery, using thermal nets and other defensive measures, snipers, and anti-tank systems would scatter the area. Now it was just a waiting game.

Pretty much all maps will show that most of those mountains are quite a bit into Athenian territory and that border-regions such as Bulgaria-Romania have a pretty low elevation. If there actually were mountains I would see no way how 'thousands of self propelled artillery' would manage to get through them and without it how they would in general move undetected. Furthermore with these two things I must come to the conclusion that Vekt is godmodding my own fixed defensive systems and units at the border to be ineffective. Additionally there are no real numbers mentioned of the various units.

Edited by Centurius

Cent and Yawoo both share my concerns... they just posted before me.

Just saying as a non-party to the conflict, these concerns are pretty valid. Not stating this as GM though, given I've not discussed (and unless brought before us will not discuss) this with the other two GMs.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/119351-in-the-shadow-of-the-rising-sun/?p=3218447

Its not the giving shammy weapons that i have a problem with, its how many missiles were produced and how they got to Poland across the world.

Could you explain Eva, how the process works in regarding the other nations you need to move such large numbers of weapons across?

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/119351-in-the-shadow-of-the-rising-sun/?p=3218447

Its not the giving shammy weapons that i have a problem with, its how many missiles were produced and how they got to Poland across the world.

Could you explain Eva, how the process works in regarding the other nations you need to move such large numbers of weapons across?

The number of missiles produced wasn't stated, so I guess you want to know how many... Well, I'm continually producing parts of missiles (given I was not asked to provide entire missiles) which are finally assembled in Poland. Number... well, what would you think Mitsubishi, Kawasaki and one more large scale factory can crank out per day?

On access rights, that's not up to you, but to those that I send it through. If they want to complain, they can and most likely will. But they were asked beforehand.

Well, she could use the Baikal-Amur Mainline like she said, but that would take over two weeks to get to Poland.  The other route I wouldn't recommend because Volgograd is now an active warzone, and it would also take longer.

Well, I did not expect it to be fast. But better to have it trickle through this way than another. Also, given Pure Lands is some optional country, I view it as a different timeline. Especially after the abortive war in which I should have helped out Triyun kill it.