CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

While I didn't know mykep was having surgery, it doesn't change anything.

If you do not have the capacity to RP, then why are you participating? It's like a man with no legs entering a marathon and then complaining that others have an unfair advantage. Yes, college essays are hard and blah blah blah - but if you have to inconvenience others because of your personal life, then something is wrong. The world does not revolve around any particular person.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1287886160' post='2491706']
While I didn't know mykep was having surgery, it doesn't change anything.

If you do not have the capacity to RP, then why are you participating? It's like a man with no legs entering a marathon and then complaining that others have an unfair advantage. Yes, college essays are hard and blah blah blah - but if you have to inconvenience others because of your personal life, then something is wrong. The world does not revolve around any particular person.
[/quote]
Except surgery and college essays are TEMPORARY. Your analogy fails in that aspect. What's wrong with having some basic humanity and respect for your fellow players and agreeing to slow down if something hits them IRL? Honestly a dog-eat-dog attitude in CNRP isn't a good thing.

[quote name='BaronUberstein' timestamp='1287946854' post='2492168']
Except surgery and college essays are TEMPORARY. Your analogy fails in that aspect. What's wrong with having some basic humanity and respect for your fellow players and agreeing to slow down if something hits them IRL? Honestly a dog-eat-dog attitude in CNRP isn't a good thing.
[/quote]

I did not know Mykep had had surgery when I declared war. Despite that, he still managed to post a response to my attacks on the very first day. KingChris never said ANYTHING about being busy with college applications until the DAY BEFORE Sargun's final ruling. Immediately after the first auto-advance, he had said he would have a response up in a few hours. When Sargun's ruling came, he had had eight days. Mykep as well had said that he would have an IC response up after the first auto-advance in the near future, and it never came. We HAD slowed the war down... we waited for TWO WEEKS for an IC response, and never heard anything from either of them during those final eight days besides a message from KC on the 13th day saying "Oh hey, can we slow this thing down, I have college applications." I work 60 hours a week. It's called time management.

[quote name='BaronUberstein' timestamp='1287954854' post='2492243']
Well maybe I'm just the weird guy who doesn't care enough about CNRP to say "play no matter what happens OOC". *shrug*
[/quote]

I believe I will quote our illustrious GM in response.

[quote]if you have to inconvenience others because of your personal life, then something is wrong[/quote]

STOP INCONVENIENCING ME UBERSTEIN.

[quote name='BaronUberstein' timestamp='1287954854' post='2492243']
Well maybe I'm just the weird guy who doesn't care enough about CNRP to say "play no matter what happens OOC". *shrug*
[/quote]

I never said "play no matter what happens OOC", and you know that. When you don't say anything for two weeks besides "I'll have a post up in a few hours" and then never do, and you ask for stuff to be slowed down then? I'm sorry, but at a certain point the people on the other side are being disrespectful of the rest of the community by constantly holding everything up and intentionally not posting for long periods of time.

[quote name='BaronUberstein' timestamp='1287956093' post='2492249']
Again, maybe I'm just too lenient, who knows. It's a difference of opinion on how to treat OOC-caused absences. It's probably best to agree to disagree.
[/quote]
I'd have to agree with you, actually. I don't think people should be penalised in CNRP because they have something to deal with in RL. If you can't hold off for a week or two before you invade a nation, then you really need something better to do...

Just my opinion, anyway.

Eh, to be frank I find auto-advances as distasteful as they are problematic.

I am totally for only allowing auto-advances in cases where there is a percieved deliberate delay-turtle strategy being deployed. Again, if it wasn't for Mudds previous asshattery in using this strategy, there would not be this problem.

CNRP is a game, a hobby, something done in your spare time. But it takes time, and you know what, not everybody wants to have their time wasted because somebody who isn't capable of participating wishes to do so. I don't care that people have lives, because when we get on CNRP we don't have lives. We spend a few minutes or hours a day as anonymous individuals and we do this to have fun (your definition of fun may be different, as Maelstrom may wish to RP dragonkin furry empires and Triyun wishes to bring back the USSR in various forms). This game, this RP offshoot of an online game, is not so important that we need to craft timelines to individuals lives over long periods of time. It's a minor bit of entertainment but as soon as one party messes it up for the other or more then it turns to frustration and that's just not a fun thing to have.

Further, I've specifically instructed SMH before that these autoadvances are minor and must have appropriate casualties, and I personally reviewed SMH's previous autoadvance and found it to be fully compliant. I haven't seen the latest batch because my computer decided to take a dive on the gravity machine and I've only recently fixed it, but I have full faith that he will not abuse the autoadvance.

Also, mykep seems to have an unusually high rate of hand injuries and surgeries whenever something important happens.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1288141776' post='2493907']
Is there a problem other than your perfect view of CNRP being violated?

No?
[/quote]

2020 tech limit, and lack of any lead up RP; otherwise no, no problems.

Edited by iKrolm

[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1288145750' post='2493969']
2020 tech limit, and lack of any lead up RP; otherwise no, no problems.
[/quote]

Aw, poor little iKrolm doesn't know the long-standing 'wonders are exempt for personal flavor RP' stuff that goes around. :wub:

It's okay, now you know. And knowing is half the battle.