CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1314489171' post='2789586']
God no!!! That was valerie and I honestly wish I could go back and delete that. Stupid angry temper.
[/quote]

Also one of the funniest things I've ever read on CNRP. Don't regret it dude.

[quote name='Californian' timestamp='1314489817' post='2789601']
Also one of the funniest things I've ever read on CNRP. Don't regret it dude.
[/quote]

Don't regret it? I made myself look like an a$$, it was also an insult to Maelstrom as he deserved better. Plus I was an idiot as it could have all avoided if I had read a post properlly.

I feel I need to clarify something for you dirty meatbags.

Recently I have been queried several times whilst I idled in #cybernations, or been asked in PMs etc if I am going to get more directly involved in CNRP, specifically moderating technologies and arbitrating player disputes and the like, as I once did back in the lawless ages gone. To avoid further annoying queries here's the deal.

Back then there was no established system of arbitration, and wild technologies that could end a war in a moments notice abounded and were often abused, OOC fights spilled over the forums every where every day it seemed. This isn't really the case anymore. We no have a community framework in the GMs, which I am aware does have some pretty significant problems at times but does seem to "maintain the peace" with moderate success. Quite frankly, without the complete breakdown of the current system, I don't see much need to get involved, and have little reason to do so. Moderators are meant to be above player conflicts, both in order to maintain fairness and to prevent bias accusations.

So I will remind you of actual rules of the place.
[quote][b]However, where there is a dispute of the validity of the actions of a user or users a request may be sent via PM to an appropriate member of the moderation staff (see here) to make a non-binding objective judgment. Even after such a judgment it remains the responsibility of the participants to come to a resolution.[/b][/quote]
Now I don't mind doing my job here, but I can't force a ruling or anything.

In general though, as much as I would like to clamp down on a few things that seem detrimental or simply ludicrous, I would really rather stay above the community unless I am forced to or there is actual widespread demand for it.

TBM, you have completely ignored the fact that I have RPed extensive anti-air, bunker systems and anti-armor positions across all of my borders, which include the borders of Ghana and Togo. I can't quite figure out exactly what your troops are doing, but they definitely can't simply fly and crash through unopposed.

In response to this:

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1314655523' post='2790635']
OoC: You can RP your soldiers dressed as my soldiers but you cannot RP my soldiers.
[/quote]

I did no such thing. My Overwatch Officers (who "disappeared" from the base) are dressed as PRA soldiers.

Edited by Markus Wilding

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1314639339' post='2790555']
I did no such thing. My Overwatch Officers (who "disappeared" from the base) are dressed as PRA soldiers.
[/quote]

You never specified, which is what I would prefer.

[size="6"]Might I ask[/size]

those who aren't doing it yet: Use thumbnails if you have to use pictures in your posts.

It's simple!
[code][url="URL HERE.jpg/png/gif"][img]THUMBNAIL URL.jpg/png/gif[/img][/url][/code]

Seriously. This helps loading times immensely, especially if the pic you use is 1+ MByte big. Some people still have to subsist on less than 100 KByte connections, or are limited to a certain data volume.

Edited by Lynneth

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1315301164' post='2795785']

those who aren't doing it yet: Use thumbnails if you have to use pictures in your posts.

Seriously. This helps loading times immensely, especially if the pic you use is 1+ MByte big. Some people still have to subsist on less than 100 KByte connections, or are limited to a certain data volume.
[/quote]
I decline, simply because I wish it so. I'm only using less than 200 kb pics :P

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1315301164' post='2795785']

It's simple!
[code][url="URL HERE.jpg/png/gif"][img]THUMBNAIL URL.jpg/png/gif[/img][/url][/code]

[/quote]

Says the man who uploads the biggest pictures in the IC forums? :lol1:

I would like to ask that OOC only comments in a IC thread in the IC section of the forum be accompanied by some kind of an IC response as well.
It irks me that the first comment in my first RP thread is just rules lawyering with no IC content.