CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

dotCom, it's hard for UFE to just comment given its public doctrine and policies. If all UFE does is comment when it is supposed to intervene, then it'll have to face public opposition. It's like RL PRC: Either PRC backs up its claim over Senkaku using various tactics, or it'll be accused of selling out the nation.

Basically, the problem is that internal RP is only internal when no other country can interfere unless invited. Therefore, your thread is an open thread where anyone can join unless you either put a classified tag on it.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1292711326' post='2543136']
My IC problem was that you used a simple riot, in which military force was used to prevent violence, as a petty excuse to invade (seems that was your intention). Realistically, the world would simply not allow someone to invade for such a reason.

My OOC problem is that now I cannot RP as I like because you will use any RP I try to do, even internal, as a petty casus belli to invade.
[/quote]

Your IC and OOC problem with history is that there is a precedent for powers using the instability of their neighbors.. or even creating false instability in their neighbors in order to generate a Casus Belli, legitimate or not. See Germany/Poland 1939, pre-invasion paradrops and capture of Polish Radio stations to broadcast false Polish Propaganda to look like they initiated the war as a primary example and one that resulted in one of the largest wars in history.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1292724768' post='2543423']
That being said, at least Triyun is constant with his RP personality (as well as I do). It's not like he's suddenly going buddy buddy with a nation that he had almost next-to-no RP interaction because he's OOC friendly, which is frankly very distasteful.
[/quote]

lol

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1292726723' post='2543470']
I have to agree with Triyun.
[/quote]

We know you have to.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1292736507' post='2543906']
lol

We know you have to.
[/quote]
You underestimate how much Triyun and I actually disagree on things, OOC-wise. In fact, if Triyun was as OOC-oriented as you accuse him of, he would have invaded me ten times over by now. Our opinions deviate that much.

Simmer down ladies.

I'll only talk to Dot here, as I'm sure everyone here knows my position on the matter.

Do round the clock back collects every 20 days, make sure your foreign aid slots are constantly full with tech deals, get that DRA as soon as possible and aim for that MP. That's how i've managed to survive as long as I have, and I've been able to RP whatever I damn well pleased.

Actually, you've managed to survive because we are just lazy. Your strength or lack of it had absolutely nothing to do with our plans for invasion or lack of them - it was entirely dependent on the activity schedule of the nations involved in the planning or lack of them, and we eventually just decided that a war would be unnecessary and we don't feel the need to do anything more.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1292738888' post='2543983']
You're useful. It must suck to have so little independence in your RP.
[/quote]

Just you wait until I go all out. Unlike you, I tend to actually do what I say I'll do.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1292764825' post='2544353']
Actually, you've managed to survive because we are just lazy. Your strength or lack of it had absolutely nothing to do with our plans for invasion or lack of them - it was entirely dependent on the activity schedule of the nations involved in the planning or lack of them, and we eventually just decided that a war would be unnecessary and we don't feel the need to do anything more.
[/quote]

More like not having a casus belli that wouldn't make you seem like blatant imperialists. Also, nice excuse. If you didn't have time in the first place, you shouldn't be ticking people off.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1292766640' post='2544378']
More like not having a casus belli that wouldn't make you seem like blatant imperialists. Also, nice excuse. If you didn't have time in the first place, you shouldn't be ticking people off.
[/quote]
Technically I'm still in a state of war, meaning I wouldn't need a CB - and given that he offensively engaged us [b]twice[/b] without any sort of meaningful response backs me up, not you. Further, he has stated multiple times his wish for the leaders of my head family to be killed and his support for terrorists in my nation. These are all CBs that could have been used but haven't been, because we've been lazy. In fact, I've been on lock for several weeks and had limited activity for over a month before the lock - again, backing me up, not you.

When EM decided to attack me a few weeks ago, I was ready for it - and so were my allies - but I didn't feel like writing anything so I backed off. This is a fact. I've told EM multiple times that I would rather just have a good-relations style RP with him and that I'm not going to engage in a war any time soon with him. All of this is captured in logs. Then again, you wouldn't know anything about what happens between us because nobody cares enough about you to tell you anything.

Anything condemnation coming from you is a compliment. You don't RP by the rules, you take your stuff right out of a banned members back pocket, and your ideas on how things work are so far-fetched that I'm wondering why I even defend you in public any more.

Edited by Sargun

That was directed towards Dot as words of encouragement. I have no intentions of bragging or arguing with you on the actualities of my 'offensive' actions.

Furthermore, I do not need your patronization (Oh, we're just lazy) or your OOC agreements backed up in logs, as that screams IC/OOC line crossing.

Edited by Executive Minister

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1292781130' post='2544571']
That was directed towards Dot as words of encouragement. I have no intentions of bragging or arguing with you on the actualities of my 'offensive' actions.

Furthermore, I do not need your patronization (Oh, we're just lazy) or your OOC agreements backed up in logs, as that screams IC/OOC line crossing.
[/quote]

It's pretty much entirely IC/OOC line crossing. If we have stuff to do in real life and we don't feel like spending the little free time of our day that we have typing up some long-ass war because you want to be a dick IC, then we're not going to do it.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95865&st=0

Sign up for the sub-tournament. If 8 people sign up, they get to compete in their own one-shot elimination tournament. The winner is guaranteed a top seed in the next Cup, and the second-place winner is guaranteed a seed, albeit not top, in the next Cup as well. It also helps advance your rankings.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1292773161' post='2544441']
Anything condemnation coming from you is a compliment. [/quote]

Or maybe I'm just being cynical ;)

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1292773161' post='2544441']You don't RP by the rules[/quote]

More of finding loopholes so that the GMs can close it. I'm just a cute little vixen.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1292773161' post='2544441']you take your stuff right out of a banned members back pocket[/quote]

Neo Japan?

But meh, arguing like this is not good for anyone.

Edited by Kankou

[quote name='Biohazard' timestamp='1292813508' post='2545346']
Not sure if serious...
[/quote]

Sargun's always right. When Sargun gets into an argument, it's from a selfless desire to spread the truth.

Edited by iKrolm

[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1292815042' post='2545372']
Sargun's always right. When Sargun gets into an argument, it's from a selfless desire to spread the truth.
[/quote]
Yet at the same time, it could be sarcasm under disguise as "Serious Business" in the point of view almost everyone. Or it could be grudges/bias/anger venting, unless if Sarguy is an AI powered by a bot-net and/or a few dozen networked "zombie" super computers. Or it could be, ah forget it, not worth the trouble.

On a second thought, such intelligent AI might also have grudges/bias/anger venting...
[size="1"]
(Not accusing you of being biased, but I have yet to meet a person who never had any grudges or bias.)[/size]
[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1292815145' post='2545376']
North Sargun is Best Sargun!
[/quote]
You have a twin? The "North" and "Best" would only make sense if there is more than one person. Otherwise you can't compare Sargun against Sargun.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1292787353' post='2544721']
It's pretty much entirely IC/OOC line crossing. [b]If we have stuff to do in real life and we don't feel like spending the little free time of our day that we have typing up some long-ass war because you want to be a dick IC, then we're not going to do it.[/b]
[/quote]

More like, 'If I have a sudden inclination to lolblitzkrieg EM and he actually calls out my bluff and decides to attack anyways, I can always count on his comparatively kinder demeanor to accept my rather conspicuous excuses for why I really didn't have time for that war I asked for in the first place."

Twice I've done wrong by backing down IC because you asked me to OOC for whatever reason. I won't cross the IC/OOC line for you again, seeing how you're treating my consideration now.

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1292815254' post='2545379']
You have a twin? The "North" and "Best" would only make sense if there is more than one person. Otherwise you can't compare Sargun against Sargun.
[/quote]
Unless he has split personality disorder. A rather frightful thought.

[quote name='Executive Minister' timestamp='1292815515' post='2545383']
More like, 'If I have a sudden inclination to lolblitzkrieg EM and he actually calls out my bluff and decides to attack anyways, I can always count on his comparatively kinder demeanor to accept my rather conspicuous excuses for why I really didn't have time for that war I asked for in the first place."

Twice I've done wrong by backing down IC because you asked me to OOC for whatever reason. I won't cross the IC/OOC line for you again, seeing how you're treating my consideration now.
[/quote]

If there's one thing I don't like, it's liars. You are a liar as of this post, so I will not longer associate with you. $%&@ you.