CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

I don't care what either of you think. Genetic modification of individual central characters at great expense has been approved previously by MODERATION staff after great inquiry and I have modern technology by our standards and Karnell has a very long.. over a decade history in CNRP as a geneticist dealing with the most advanced genetic construct of his time. Btw, yes, I kept a screen shot of the communications regarding this archieved in case it every became a concern. Karnell brought the Saborians the Technology, Lynneth, and the proposal, they just perfected it and had the equipment to act on it. Now I have the technology and equipment, and I am doing it. You are not special. If one nation can do it, so can another. The only reason I needed Saboria at the time was I had 0 tech due to Karma.. well.. that's changed now.

That said, I will continue. Stop trying to kill creativity simply because it takes away from your personal glory.

You are the only two who have objected thus far. I've consulted many. I see the objections as primarily politically motivated. Voodoo doesn't really like me and Lynneth simply doesn't want to see this propagate to being something others can do even though only days ago on IRC he offered to have his own scientists do it for me in Sri Lanka.. hypocrite. Voodoo is one of two people who were ridiculing me in IRC for having a low IG efficiency.. and now I'm surpassing many of those to which they compared me. Must anger them quite a bit.

You can consider your thoughts summarily discarded as the trivial whimperings they are.

Additionally Lynneth, tons of RP have been done on this.. how long has Karnell been around and how long did he have to care for the Chairman? The research is there.. it's also years old.. like prior to the second Dragon Empire that no longer exists old and even recorded in old forum archives old.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maelstrom Vortex [i]can[/i] come back from the dead.
People in CNRP come back from the dead all the time.
Multiple direct hits from thermonuclear weapons has not stopped people from coming back from the dead.
How Maelstrom is resurrecting the community's issue.
There wouldn't be a problem if Maelstrom Vortex announced coming back from death without explanation.

Edited by Generalissimo

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1285266267' post='2462321']
Maelstrom Vortex [i]can[/i] come back from the dead.
People in CNRP come back from the dead all the time.
Multiple direct hits from thermonuclear weapons has not stopped people from coming back from the dead.
How Maelstrom is resurrecting the community's issue.
There wouldn't be a problem if Maelstrom Vortex announced coming back from death without explanation.
[/quote]

Forgive me for wanting a potentially plausible story about a mad scientist run amok and actually adding some depth to the community's library in the process. *chuckles*

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1285266367' post='2462323']
If Dragons are allowed, then the Canuckistan Navy is interested in acquiring Dragonisia's genetic modification techniques. We've been pretending for so long, now will you help us reach our dream of becoming [i]real[/i] fairies?
[/quote]

Sorry, could only make one genetic construct, not enough resources to go around to make several. It took a decade worth of research just to perfect this particular design. (Literally, Karnell has been at this since Maelstrom's first genetic modification which is over a decade ago CNRP time by 1 month = 1 year.) While a sample remains in cold storage of the re-constructor virus.. it's also beyond top secret clearance.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1285266424' post='2462324']Forgive me for wanting a potentially plausible story about a mad scientist run amok and actually adding some depth to the community's library in the process. *chuckles*[/quote]I have no problem with this, but I don't represent the desires of a wider CNRP community.
Many won't believe any potential resurrection story as plausible.
It's easier, and far less controversial, to just announce Maelstrom Vortex not dead.
Resurrect like Kaiser, the nukes didn't kill me, Martens.
Maelstrom Vortex could walk out of his tomb casually and say something along the lines,
"Despite being declared dead by the world’s medical experts and having been entombed for years Maelstrom lives!"

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1285262989' post='2462277']
I don't care what either of you think. Genetic modification of individual central characters at great expense has been approved previously by MODERATION staff after great inquiry[/quote]
Modifying a normal human with at the time state-of-the-art technology in one of the most advanced nations at the time was approved by the moderation staff. Note I had about 4,000 technology back then (though the techscale was different).

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1285262989' post='2462277']and I have modern technology by our standards and Karnell has a very long.. over a decade history in CNRP as a geneticist dealing with the most advanced genetic construct of his time. [/quote]
Where did you RP him researching the genetics, Maelstrom?
When have you RPd him seeing the results of preliminary tests and his team getting better by going through dozens of test subjects, slowly improving? You can't just say out of the blue "He did all this even though I never roleplayed it and he was a character in an entirely different nation during which I was another nation"

Technically, the outpost in antarctica shouldn't even be yours anymore as you had different nations since then.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1285262989' post='2462277']Karnell brought the Saborians the Technology, Lynneth, and the proposal, they just perfected it and had the equipment to act on it. Now I have the technology and equipment, and I am doing it. You are not special. If one nation can do it, so can another. The only reason I needed Saboria at the time was I had 0 tech due to Karma.. well.. that's changed now.[/quote]
When did I actually approve of you taking Saborian tech?
When did you roleplay taking Saborian tech? As I recall, I destroyed all genetic equipment whenever my nation fell, be it the GDR or Canada. There's no way Karnell could've acquired it.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1285262989' post='2462277']That said, I will continue. Stop trying to kill creativity simply because it takes away from your personal glory.[/quote]
Setting oneself limits to creativity can bring up completely different kinds of creativity. Working with what one has is much more interesting than having no limits at all.
And this isn't because of some kind of "personal glory", this is because I see no RP background whatsoever. Please show me the dozen posts where Karnell worked on perfecting Saborian techniques. Show me the half-dozen posts he'd probably need just to get, reverse-engineer and understand this technology. (just throwing numbers for emphasis)

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1285262989' post='2462277']You are the only two who have objected thus far. I've consulted many. I see the objections as primarily politically motivated. Voodoo doesn't really like me and Lynneth simply doesn't want to see this propagate to being something others can do even though only days ago on IRC he offered to have his own scientists do it for me in Sri Lanka.. hypocrite. Voodoo is one of two people who were ridiculing me in IRC for having a low IG efficiency.. and now I'm surpassing many of those to which they compared me. Must anger them quite a bit.[/quote]
I explained my motivations previously.
And I'm the one who brought this to attention, having read it relatively shortly after you posted it.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1285262989' post='2462277']You can consider your thoughts summarily discarded as the trivial whimperings they are.[/quote]
Ad Hominem. Thank you very much.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1285262989' post='2462277']Additionally Lynneth, tons of RP have been done on this.. how long has Karnell been around and how long did he have to care for the Chairman? The research is there.. it's also years old.. like prior to the second Dragon Empire that no longer exists old and even recorded in old forum archives old.
[/quote]
Show me the posts. All of those where Karnell uses Saborian technology on its own and together with old Dragonisian tech.
Show me the posts where he dives into Dragonisia's archives to retrieve the old technology of the Empire.

Don't talk. Show.

For the record, I have no problem with this, so long as I get to do it too.

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1285267220' post='2462341']
Modifying a normal human with at the time state-of-the-art technology in one of the most advanced nations at the time was approved by the moderation staff. Note I had about 4,000 technology back then (though the techscale was different).[/quote]

Damn, I probably won't be at 4,000 tech for at least another month. Oh well, gives me plenty of time to develop a good fairy RP and then at 4000.. technological break through!

I'm thinking of starting with unicorns, because a horn on a horse seems simple enough. Then going on to centaurs as I'll have horse experience and can branch into humans that way. Then from there I figured fairies are kind like human/butterfly hybrids, and maybe I'll toss in some fireflies to make them glow.

This is all to make it believable as I haven't yet RP'd any genetic technology, but seeing as I have more than twice the tech Mael has I should advance quickly.

Thoughts?

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1285262989' post='2462277']

You are the only two who have objected thus far. I've consulted many. I see the objections as primarily politically motivated. Voodoo doesn't really like me and Lynneth simply doesn't want to see this propagate to being something others can do even though only days ago on IRC he offered to have his own scientists do it for me in Sri Lanka.. hypocrite. Voodoo is one of two people who were ridiculing me in IRC for having a low IG efficiency.. and now I'm surpassing many of those to which they compared me. Must anger them quite a bit.
[/quote]

I've been anti-turning men into dragons for a long time now. My stance hasn't changed. If Triyun, Lynneth, Rebel Army, Nod, Cochin, etc chose to do this, I'd say the same thing.

Honestly, feel free to continue it, but if any of my characters interact with this character of yours, they'll just treat them as if the modifications aren't there. It's like railguns or true AI in my opinion. Not trying to infringe on your creativity at all, I just won't recognize it ICly. At least my characters won't.

Cheers.

I consider your RP to be non-canon Mael. The ability to bring people back to life simply won't exist by 2020... we have a hard time reviving people who have been dead for minutes in 2010, a medical breakthrough the likes of what you're doing won't happen in 10 years.

Edited by Yawoo

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1285267220' post='2462341']
Modifying a normal human with at the time state-of-the-art technology in one of the most advanced nations at the time was approved by the moderation staff. Note I had about 4,000 technology back then (though the techscale was different).
[/quote]

And we've made it clear in this community that after 1000 is modern tech.. regardless as to how high that number goes.

[quote]
Where did you RP him researching the genetics, Maelstrom?
When have you RPd him seeing the results of preliminary tests and his team getting better by going through dozens of test subjects, slowly improving? You can't just say out of the blue "He did all this even though I never roleplayed it and he was a character in an entirely different nation during which I was another nation"
[/quote]

Dude, you haven't figured it out yet. He BROUGHT his research to YOU to implement. He's always working on it. That is what a geneticist DOES.. research.. research research. We are not required to RP every single nuance of every character we play's life. If we did, the threshold on RP requirements would be much higher for all research projects, including your own. And I have RP'd it. I've RP'd him being a geneticist for over a year now and conducting research and improving his talents, particularly specific to what his role was in the Dragon Empire.. is what he does.

[quote]
Technically, the outpost in antarctica shouldn't even be yours anymore as you had different nations since then.
[/quote]

You can't win on one point of contention, so you'll take another? I like that. shows how trivial and shallow your original argument is. It's under his private ownership and is his private residence. You are not required to own a nation for a character to own a piece of property. Stop nit-picking and grow up.

[quote]
When did I actually approve of you taking Saborian tech?
[/quote]

You didn't. I approved of you implementing Karnell's personal concepts and designs and you did so.

[quote]
When did you roleplay taking Saborian tech? As I recall, I destroyed all genetic equipment whenever my nation fell, be it the GDR or Canada. There's no way Karnell could've acquired it.
[/quote]

I didn't, the designs to do this were always Karnells. He simply never had the equipment and capabilities to implement his ideas. Saboria did and you used them to fulfill our objectives at the time by helping him to realize his ideas. You helped him perfect them and refine them and the results was the first Transformation of Maelstrom. I hate to tell you this Lynneth, but that RP wasn't just all about your scientists.

[quote]
Setting oneself limits to creativity can bring up completely different kinds of creativity. Working with what one has is much more interesting than having no limits at all.
[/quote]

I agree, and I have kept this to what the moderators have agreed is technologically plausible and within the rules. An individual may be genetically modified. It has been done again using modern+ technology standards. That is all that is required.

[quote]
And this isn't because of some kind of "personal glory", this is because I see no RP background whatsoever. Please show me the dozen posts where Karnell worked on perfecting Saborian techniques. Show me the half-dozen posts he'd probably need just to get, reverse-engineer and understand this technology. (just throwing numbers for emphasis)
[/quote]

You are choosing to ignore the RP background claiming that the Saborians were the only ones who had a hand in the creation of Maelstrom's original idea when it was Karnell's idea and design to begin with that they merely helped put the finishing touches on with their technology which I did not have at the time. You got it backwards. Saborians were perfecting Karnell's designs and techniques. You are attempting to steal his original work and concepts in essence. If I had never approached you.. the Saborians would never have taken it upon themselves to even think of doing something like this.. which is the evidence, this is Karnell's baby. At the time, you just helped the baby come to life lacking the pre-natal care unit required. Now Karnell has his own.

[quote]
I explained my motivations previously.
And I'm the one who brought this to attention, having read it relatively shortly after you posted it.
[/quote]

I don't believe your stated motivations are genuine otherwise you'd recognize the statements I've made above as true.

[quote]
Ad Hominem. Thank you very much.
[/quote]

Only when it is merited and the cause of a problem.

[quote]
Show me the posts. All of those where Karnell uses Saborian technology on its own and together with old Dragonisian tech.
Show me the posts where he dives into Dragonisia's archives to retrieve the old technology of the Empire.

Don't talk. Show.
[/quote]

I would only be able to show you posts where Saborians adapted Karnell's ideas and made them real. He didn't have to dive into the Dragonisian Archives.. he was those archives. He was their lead scientist. If you want to dig, you go dig. I am not your groundhog and the forum has a search function.

Grow up. Stop behaving like a spoiled baby who has had his pacifier taken away.

I unfortunately ran out of quote box areas for my last post, so I'll continue here.:

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1285278218' post='2462518']
I consider your RP to be non-canon Mael. The ability to bring people back to life simply won't exist by 2020... we have a hard time reviving people who have been dead for minutes in 2010, a medical breakthrough the likes of what you're doing won't happen in 10 years.
[/quote]

This proves you didn't even read the thread properly. No one is being brought back to life. A scientist is changing himself to another form, having an identity crisis.. and going mad in the process. He thinks he is Maelstrom, but he is not the original Maelstrom.. he has simply programmed himself to be that person.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1285277948' post='2462517']
Honestly, feel free to continue it, but if any of my characters interact with this character of yours, they'll just treat them as if the modifications aren't there. It's like railguns or true AI in my opinion. Not trying to infringe on your creativity at all, I just won't recognize it ICly. At least my characters won't.

Cheers.
[/quote]

This is actually more than acceptable. If you want to rp it as if Maelstrom is only his old human self and not a genetic construct that will be mostly viable. I'll try to respect your choice and RP with you as if Maelstrom is not genetically modified, just like I did the first time around with this concept when people objected to the genetic modifications. Instead, it will be to you as if he simply modified his human identity from Karnell to Maelstrom.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1285278618' post='2462527']
This proves you didn't even read the thread properly. No one is being brought back to life. A scientist is changing himself to another form, having an identity crisis.. and going mad in the process. He thinks he is Maelstrom, but he is not the original Maelstrom.. he has simply programmed himself to be that person.

[/quote]

Indeed I did not, Mael talked to me on IRC and we cleared it up. I won't be recognizing the genetic changes, and will continue to see his character as entirely human, albeit with a different identity.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1285279217' post='2462540']
Indeed I did not, Mael talked to me on IRC and we cleared it up. I won't be recognizing the genetic changes, and will continue to see his character as entirely human, albeit with a different identity.
[/quote]

I appreciate that for it will still make the religious impact of the story none-the-less significant. The Dragon Cult perceiving this entity to be the individual who was dead is going to have an impact wherever the Dragon Cult still resides.