CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

Consider Carthage's relationship with Rebel Army like a son to a father. We'll support him in whatever he does, even if he doesn't really want it. We're overly proud about it and if he is fighting (or under thread) we'll do something about, even if it involves doing bad things.

Also, the threat against my in-game nation is noted. As for your cruise missiles, I inferred that they needed a human pilot - your factbook proclaims it is hard to get said pilots in the first place, which would not apply to man-made things such as satellites. Since I was wrong, all you had to do was inform me otherwise. I then assumed that the ones that had infra-red guidance were the minority of the missiles, and would be easily shot down.

In fact, the anti-missile ships I use (based off real-life, you know) are capable of shooting down faster, smaller and more dangerous cruise missiles than the ones you use. A simple wiki check can confirm.

Alright, not to nag, but no, he couldn't. The only Naval RP you have done involves stating you have a navy, and you have been incredibly non-specific about the numbers and types of ships. Even when you moved your navy through, I couldn't find a single mention to what kind of ships you were moving, just that you were moving in Five Carrier Battlegroups. No mention of their layout, ships within the group, or anything else for that matter. No offense, but please, don't get mad at people when you don't even bother to give them the full information.

How would he know the Anti Missile ships you used even existed if you never even hinted that they exist. Just please, details. At least a fact book or something to say what vessels a Cartheginian Carrier Battlegroup is comprised of. Seriously, it's kind of a godmod that you said you have them there with no RP, and zero prior mention. Seriously.

This Message Brought to you by the "Factbooks and Reason for a Better Tomorrow Association."

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: I agree with Sargun. This has nothing to do with the spying operation, there is no IC reason in the world. I also admitted my fault Sargun, what I did WAS childish. It was meant to be. You can admit that you mis-interpetted my fact book (and even I'll admit, that article IS old, it dates back to when my nation thought it was a big deal to own two prop planes, I've RP an entire missile development program since). We're both responsible for ruining this thing OOC wise, and I'll take my blaim there but you can too.

Thank you for showing me what "good RP" is, Zarfef

Actually I believe I stated earlier that this wasn't what a good RP would look like, even before this began.

I totally agree. Both sides are completely capable of whining expertly... Its sad, because given what i've gauged from both Zarfef and Sargun, they're incredibly similiar (at least on these boards) and could quite possibly be an unstoppable RP force if there were somehow in league with each other.

OOC: You know. You're validating my worst fears here EM, why? WHY? I read entire textbooks in studying for my RPs! I've spent vast amounts of time working out every detail, lawyer scripting the forms EVERYTHING. EM HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME, I'M YOU'RE ALLY! And now you claim we're... WE'RE THE SAME?! Hmmm...

OOC: Hey, Sargun... you read texts on military strategy for your invasions and plan out advanced forms of scientific applications for your weapons systems. What I'm getting at is... if you actually had ME at your side do you think we could really be unstoppable?

Edited by Zarfef

Alright, not to nag, but no, he couldn't. The only Naval RP you have done involves stating you have a navy, and you have been incredibly non-specific about the numbers and types of ships. Even when you moved your navy through, I couldn't find a single mention to what kind of ships you were moving, just that you were moving in Five Carrier Battlegroups. No mention of their layout, ships within the group, or anything else for that matter. No offense, but please, don't get mad at people when you don't even bother to give them the full information.

How would he know the Anti Missile ships you used even existed if you never even hinted that they exist. Just please, details. At least a fact book or something to say what vessels a Cartheginian Carrier Battlegroup is comprised of. Seriously, it's kind of a godmod that you said you have them there with no RP, and zero prior mention. Seriously.

This Message Brought to you by the "Factbooks and Reason for a Better Tomorrow Association."

Battlegroup = one ship of every kind

Since I have five ships (or more) of every kind, I used five battlegroups

Cruisers = However, the role of the cruiser increasingly became one of providing air defence for a fleet, rather than independent cruiser warfare.

:v:

More importantly, all someone has to do is ask. I'm not gonna say "LOLNO" and deny them any information. My wiki page was vandalized a few months back and so I had to revert it back to old New Zealand information. :(

Edited by Sargun

OOC: You know. You're validating my worst fears here EM, why? WHY? I read entire textbooks in studying for my RPs! I've spent vast amounts of time working out every detail, lawyer scripting the forms EVERYTHING. EM HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME, I'M YOU'RE ALLY! And now you claim we're... WE'RE THE SAME?! Hmmm...

I was referring to the fact that both of you have you're different.... 'quirks' for lack of a better word. You're also both similar in that you are extremely passionate about your RPs and are not afraid to dish out and recieve OOC 'verbal punishment'.

You're both also also the same in that I sometimes desperately want to beat the both of you over the head with my laptop :wub:

Edited by Executive Minister

Hey, Sargun... you read texts on military strategy for your invasions and plan out advanced forms of scientific applications for your weapons systems. What I'm getting at is... if you actually had ME at your side do you think we could really be unstoppable?

My weapons systems I like to base in real life or as close to it as I can because it cuts down on the OOC "whargarble". As for military strategy, I don't read military textbooks. I learn what the opponent has, what I have, what type of terrain I have, a time limit for reinforcements, their supply lines and their general overall strategy and I try to take control.

Don't sweat a thing... definitely not your fault. Even then its no big deal... just a pet peeve of mine ^_^

Btw, how are those 12 Defender's I sold you?

Still running, but lets just say the haven't seen much combat ;) .

Edited by iKrolm

Still running, but lets just say the haven't seen much combat ;) .

Voodoo says I should remove the meat grinder... isn't that what made everyone want to buy one at first? See, I have a theory that deep down, everyone has a fetish for giant, rotating toothed drums of doom. :lol1:

Edited by Executive Minister

My weapons systems I like to base in real life or as close to it as I can because it cuts down on the OOC "whargarble". As for military strategy, I don't read military textbooks. I learn what the opponent has, what I have, what type of terrain I have, a time limit for reinforcements, their supply lines and their general overall strategy and I try to take control.

Bah, don't read the textbooks, that will make you predictable. What you need to do is real Rommel's notes, get the gist of his ideas, (constantly changing battlefield and being on the front so you know what's happening.) Then throw out everything and start whining OOC because we're fighting a text-based war with no real way to surprise our enemies.

:P

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'll post my suggestion here.

I feel that having the maximum number of tanks you have in the game to be the number of tanks you can RP is excessive.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/mil_tan-military-tanks

When you check the list above, you can see that most countries in the world have fewer than 3,000 tanks. This is mainly because of the large amount of money needed to keep the tanks functional, and most of the higher number tank countries have the very old soviet tanks.

Taking this into account, I believe that we should change things so that the maximum number of tanks you can have in the game equals the number of tanks and heavy artillery you have. This should balance out the unrealisitic number of tanks in RP.

Comments are welcome.

I also have a question: How do we RP a nation's GDP here?

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'll post my suggestion here.

I feel that having the maximum number of tanks you have in the game to be the number of tanks you can RP is excessive.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/mil_tan-military-tanks

When you check the list above, you can see that most countries in the world have fewer than 3,000 tanks. This is mainly because of the large amount of money needed to keep the tanks functional, and most of the higher number tank countries have the very old soviet tanks.

Taking this into account, I believe that we should change things so that the maximum number of tanks you can have in the game equals the number of tanks and heavy artillery you have. This should balance out the unrealisitic number of tanks in RP.

Comments are welcome.

I also have a question: How do we RP a nation's GDP here?

1. We already do the amount of tanks equals armoured vehicles.

2. There is an unofficial formula if I recall correctly Daily Population Income*population*365. But GDP officially has no use in CNRP

Weighted average is actually above three thousand, and the policy of CNRP has pretty much always been IG=RP as far as military is concerned (sans navies, which had yet to be introduced for a while).

Voodoo says I should remove the meat grinder... isn't that what made everyone want to buy one at first? See, I have a theory that deep down, everyone has a fetish for giant, rotating toothed drums of doom. :lol1:

Yah, if you take that off it's just another tank whereas right now, they're pretty unique in CNRP.

Stop spamming the forums with doctrines that do nothing but state what's obvious. I'm sure somebody will come here and argue with me just for the sake of arguing, well to you I say, shut up.

I was just about to post about that. I blame Cent for starting it and making zoot zoot and kitex feel the need to do it. <_<