CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hint: mark the forum as read, and only click the new threads. Then skim what they are. Find out if you care about the story line. Then ignore the ones you have no interest.

Like the zombie thread. It was nice to read when it started, but now it's a insane monster that I lost the plot to long ago and only skim it for fun when I have time :v:

Hint: mark the forum as read, and only click the new threads. Then skim what they are. Find out if you care about the story line. Then ignore the ones you have no interest.

Like the zombie thread. It was nice to read when it started, but now it's a insane monster that I lost the plot to long ago and only skim it for fun when I have time :v:

Somehow, due to the interference of outside forces (Glares at whatever remains of Heska), it went from the struggle of about 6 soldiers to a continent-wide reclamation of Diberia. :awesome:

OOC: TONE DOWN THE EGOS.

Christ, everyone seems to think they are incapable of error. Remember, the writing you are reading is a PERSON. Just because you can't see their face doesn't mean you need to treat them like dirt.

It is human nature to be wrong occasionally. I make mistakes, you make mistakes, the President makes mistakes. Why is it that when people are told they are wrong, they act like it's some HUGE INSULT to their character when what we should be doing is working together as a community to improve our overall ability and RP, and use each other as a check-and-balance for our mistakes we DO make.

OOC: Just a question here... just who do you think you are and why do you care?

Just pointing out how funny I found this while reasserting the finer points of the two posts. We need to start respecting people here a lot more.

"One of the spies attempted to set up a brothel, but got arrested and bit a cyanide capsule. All of the materials on her are traced to Tahoe."

^--- sup godmodding

"90% infiltration chance based on IG stats and.. the above quality rp"

^--- 90% on Margrave means only 90% with Margrave, not others. let's not forget you don't have 600 spies in-game, so the point is rather moot

It's not god moding. It's realscale versus CNRP scale. In IG I have 50 spies. The 12 person teams include supports. If you're trying to protect him based on 10% and technicalities, that's very sad and demonstrates your level of bias.

Point out to me any intelligence service in the world that operates with 50 people? Camberlain may post his defense.. I've already ceded my losses.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

It's not god moding. It's realscale versus CNRP scale. In IG I have 50 spies. The 12 person teams include supports. If you're trying to protect him based on 10% and technicalities, that's very sad and demonstrates your level of bias.

The fact that you have 90% odds is great. That alone doesn't make it so that you can infiltrate him with hundreds of spies/supports for those spies almost instantly. Setting up spies and a spy network takes time. Much more time than your RP allows.

Anywho, that's the closest I'm going to get with this whole mess.

Edited by MercyFallout

The fact that you have 90% odds is great. That alone doesn't make it so that you can infiltrate him with hundreds of spies/supports for those spies almost instantly. Setting up spies and a spy network takes time. Much more time than your RP allows.

Anywho, that's the closest I'm going to get with this whole mess.

Completely understandable. I've only sent in a team of 11, that is all.

I think people are slightly exaggerating the scale of what I'm doing in Camberlain or they really need to re-read the OP for content, not just a skim.

DIO has only 3 spies, but they have been operating for over 5 RL months. DIO has stuck with the Distopyans for a long time. Two successful operations have been performed:

Holy Diver - Distopya Hudson

A taking down of the major drug cartels in Distopya by using single-man submersible vehicles and infiltrating their large ships.

Rainbow in the Dark - Distopya Georgia

A major operation involving a cult of vampires that met near the base of Mount Renstad. A spy infiltrated the cult and tore them apart from the inside, ending a steam of killings in Stor Bokstav.

DIO has only 3 spies, but they have been operating for over 5 RL months. DIO has stuck with the Distopyans for a long time. Two successful operations have been performed:

Holy Diver - Distopya Hudson

A taking down of the major drug cartels in Distopya by using single-man submersible vehicles and infiltrating their large ships.

Rainbow in the Dark - Distopya Georgia

A major operation involving a cult of vampires that met near the base of Mount Renstad. A spy infiltrated the cult and tore them apart from the inside, ending a steam of killings in Stor Bokstav.

Interesting, and they did it without any help whatsoever?

"One of the spies attempted to set up a brothel, but got arrested and bit a cyanide capsule. All of the materials on her are traced to Tahoe."

^--- sup godmodding

I hadn't brought this up. But you post a statement and no argument. I'd like to point out that with enough friendship treaties it's relatively easy to purchase clothes and materials through trade to use in the purpose of espionage. What's your argument for trying to state this is a god-mode? By the way.. *chuckles* I intend to treat penetration of intelligence defenses on a case by case basis. You're right. I would be insane to treat penetrating just any nation at 90%. That's not what I'm doing here and I think my OP was very clear on this that Camberlain is the target of this specific operation.. no one else. Therefore.. your assumptions are misguided.. save for the first which I don't understand the basis for yet and so want you to clarify.

I am starting to notice a disturbing trend where some moderators are firing at the hip instead of reading for content.

In fairness to all involved I'll say this one thing. Accusing Maelstrom of not doing enough RP to support his spy network seems a bit hysterical. I'm not a fan of his current activities, but he is doing what many others have done before.

For example:

The massive evacuations of DKT civilians in one to three posts at best.

Now that is a stretch.

I believe that you all need to put a bit more effort into these things, but I can't alone find fault with Maelstrom. So in conclusion, I do hope the gamemasters apply this ruling evenly and fairly to all and themselves alike.

Point out to me any intelligence service in the world that operates with 50 people? Camberlain may post his defense.. I've already ceded my losses.

But we play with ingame stats here. This is the standard around here, we play with our stats. It's what the general agreement was, so we have to use it. Don't like it? Put it up to vote for the entire community and get the rule changed.

But we play with ingame stats here. This is the standard around here, we play with our stats. It's what the general agreement was, so we have to use it. Don't like it? Put it up to vote for the entire community and get the rule changed.

Still, a large coutnry will not have 50 spy's. Realism does not compute in that respect.

Its like soidler rule; when it coems down to it stat-wise, the actual spy population counts (well, the spy operation chances). But for RP, it only limits RP's when we go by the in-game. If it comes down to a community vote, I vote for Maelstrom's side of the argument.

Still, a large coutnry will not have 50 spy's. Realism does not compute in that respect.

Its like soidler rule; when it coems down to it stat-wise, the actual spy population counts (well, the spy operation chances). But for RP, it only limits RP's when we go by the in-game. If it comes down to a community vote, I vote for Maelstrom's side of the argument.

But then we have to change the rule. Are we going to break the rules? What do we play by, realism or stats?

I remember last time I tried to spy on someone, some how a group of heavily armed soldeirs teleported to my position, and automatic grenade launchers were activated in the 30km radius around the town where nobody was allowed to go (and neither of those had been mentioned before..).

Of course, I should have just called Godmod, but KM never likes hearing that.

Spying should not be automatic on high level stuff, low level it should, and it should NEVER be shut down with out GOOD roleplay.

Edited by LeVentNoir

^--- sup godmodding

Excuse me?

Usually it helps to know what godmodding is before throwing the term around like a baby with their dirty diaper. There is not a single godmod in that statement in the slightest. There is not even a single strech in the slightest.