General RPing Guidelines

Sargun II

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I just want to throw this out. If we are ever going to do something like a reset, I think now is the best time. We are adding new rules, wars are raging all over the world, and treaties are being torn up so fast, it would probably look like snow. So, I propose we do a partial reset, were old RP isn't whitewashed but all of our nations, tech, and structures are zapped off of the face of the world. Here is a possible IC scenario I've thought of:

With war raging in Europe, and spreading into the Americas and Asia, the more zealous and violent political groups would be getting restless, coming to that this rabid instability would be the best time to stage a coup. By promising peace, prosperity and stability, several of these groups get a rather large following, and begin to wage war on their true leaders. As circumstances change, and nations try to drop out of the wars, and increasing pressure is put on the generals to keep both the wars, and the people in line, and the scientists to build the next, best weapon to wipe out the enemy in one swoop. As pressure mounts, one insignificant general (If I had a choice, from Magna Europa) decides that for the sake of the nation, and our precious bodily fluids, he has to be the one to take action. He tells his base that he just got word from the leader to initiate a top secret protocol, where in several thousand megatons worth of nuke is dropped on the enemy, and ends up convincing them. At the same time, a scientist in the targeted country (Nothern Empire or UFE would be my choice) finished a device that spits out a radioactive material (let's call it a fallout bomb) with a very short half life, making it possible to use the land only a year after it is hit. The scientist is assassinated by the government after he tries to hide his invention, after the government tells him to make enough to essentially wipe out the rest of the world. At the same time, the increasing tensions lead to a massive coup in a technologically advanced nation (I would choose Rockport), the party that takes power hijacks the nation's weapons, and then threatens it's enemies with them. When the nukes get dropped on the nation with the fallout bomb, the government activates it, spitting radioactive material out all over, and when they hear about some sort of super weapon that has a range from Asia to the technologically advanced nation, they decide to try and nuke the user, resulting in shooting a nuke at the wrong nation. A nuclear war starts up after no one takes blame for the bomb, and several major cities are bombed to oblivion, all this while the fallout is spreading on the wind. Because everyone and their mother has a hidden bunker city now, there is plenty of room for people to go and hide as the entire planet is irradiated (The people could also be hiding in personal fallout shelters, deep basements, and lead lined fridges too, if you want :awesome: ). After a year, the people carefully, and slowly leave their hidden cities, and return to a world wiped clean. In the time, they have began to question their old leaders, and their old nationalism. (Old IW citizens decide that IW wasn't so bad after all, Italians want to be ruled by Italians, etc).

This makes it so not all old RP is gone (people could have fled with their tech) we have a clean slate to use new rules, and we all get to agree that we will be more consistent, realistic, and respectful. It's just an idea :awesome:

Alright, I just want to throw this out. If we are ever going to do something like a reset, I think now is the best time. We are adding new rules, wars are raging all over the world, and treaties are being torn up so fast, it would probably look like snow. So, I propose we do a partial reset, were old RP isn't whitewashed but all of our nations, tech, and structures are zapped off of the face of the world. Here is a possible IC scenario I've thought of:

This makes it so not all old RP is gone (people could have fled with their tech) we have a clean slate to use new rules, and we all get to agree that we will be more consistent, realistic, and respectful. It's just an idea :awesome:

What, New Byzantium zapped off the face of the world?

No thanks. :awesome:

What, New Byzantium zapped off the face of the world?

No thanks. :awesome:

Then you can RP people feeling nationalism, and reforming it, thats the whole idea, you can create a new country, get the land you've always wanted, or potentially just go on with the old one :awesome:

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

I worked hard to where I am now, and I won't be giving it up because some asshats dislike each other.

My plan, people take tech with them, and not everything is destroyed, it basically wipes leaders, and many nations away, basically, anyone who called dibs on the land earlier in this thread gets it, the more inactive you are, the less choice, and in the same place land you get :awesome:

Don't forget to add in about the zombies in Diberia and Imperium of America taking over South and North America. :awesome:

There sorta is; I believe the agreed on history (which should be put into the guidelines!!!) was that after World War 2, the world collapsed. Some people RP their nation appearing right after then, while others RP their appearing quite latly.

There isn't really any track of the date; some RP's happen very fast, while others very slow.

Laws of physics are still in place; theres realism in that kind of respect.

Sometimes people RP real-world events, but not much. Giant war going on now, actually.

Edited by JerreyRough

If this ever happens, I call th Balkans up to Turkey, Switzerland and Italy :awesome:

Yeah, no. If there is a reset, I'm keeping that land. I've always wanted that land and I finally got it, so either that was a joke or i'd take it back.

But seriously, why would we reset anyway?

There sorta is; I believe the agreed on history (which should be put into the guidelines!!!) was that after World War 2, the world collapsed. Some people RP their nation appearing right after then, while others RP their appearing quite latly.

There isn't really any track of the date; some RP's happen very fast, while others very slow.

Laws of physics are still in place; theres realism in that kind of respect.

Sometimes people RP real-world events, but not much. Giant war going on now, actually.

It was quite an argument, but I believe the general consensus was that WWII never happened, and the world collapsed after WWI.

Still, why would we restart? If it's to clear up more land, there's plenty of inactives to purge. If it's to solve all these arguments, changing land won't fix it, it'll just cause more.

We were joking at first (well, I was :awesome: ), but there are lots of inactive nations to remove.

On the Military Database thread, if you don't want to put your military in there yet then just reserve a slot so it stays pinned.

I put a list of the Military Database's [of individual nations] in the thread. If I made a mistake in naming your nation (like having a different RP nation name than IG), then PM me or reply in this topic.

Another question, can you RP as a minor character in someone else's nation?

Yes, as long as you don't plot terrorist attacks or revolting unless if you allow the owner of the nation to have a chance counter the terrorist attack or revolt.

Another question, can you RP as a minor character in someone else's nation?
Yes, as long as you don't plot terrorist attacks or revolting unless if you allow the owner of the nation to have a chance counter the terrorist attack or revolt.

This. Nothing drastic without the target nation having a chance to counter it.