More War Slots

YES! WE NEED MORE WAR!

OK, seriously, unlimited offensive slots, 3 defensive slots. CN:TE's supposed to be about jumping in the game and having fun without big rules...so really, you should just let people go nuts. I can't stress it enough, I HATE how I can't tech raid alot of nations, and besides, if a nation attacks more than he/she can handle, he/she falls into an epic phailure. :)

I think more slots are a bad idea, as it gives the power-blocs within CN more chance at winning CN:T every time as they can simply pile-on the smaller alliances, thus any competitiveness will be taken out unless you join such blocs. Indeed, we would end up seeing a progression towards the giant blocs who already hold sway in CN. For these reasons alone, unlimited slots are a terrible idea. Unlimited war slots would mean CN:T would simply become a massive mess of bloc vs. bloc. In such circumstances, any victor would likely be due to chance rather than strategy or knowledge of the game.

If people want to war at the moment, they already have a total of six slots to do so, with the maximum attacking slots being three. This number, I feel, keeps such competitiveness and also provides an adequate platform for any war-monger's appetite. There is no need to adjust the current system.

Edited by Nixon

More offensive slots please. People went just quit the game last time. I spent half the round waiting for 3 offensive wars to expire and no one would attack me. :(

This.

Unlimited slots is a bad idea though. Perhaps 6 offensive at most.

YES! WE NEED MORE WAR!

I HATE how I can't tech raid alot of nations, and besides, if a nation attacks more than he/she can handle, he/she falls into an epic phailure. :)

Yep, we need Tech raids!

Plus last outing I remember how I freaked out by declaring on four nations at once - and got WIPED OUT! :lol:

More offensive war slots would just make it harder for people to find targets due to the lack of defensive war slots. A better solution would be to decrease the time a war lasts, to something like four days.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually for limiting the amount of wars a nation can handle to one offensive and one defensive. since the majority of nations will probably never get it to 300 infra before being raided it would be nice to grow a little and actually get to nuke level.

shorter wars would definitely do the trick. for those who get beat up on with multiple nations at a time, they don't have to get pounded for a week. Also, those trying to get tech from weak nations, won't have a lifetime to steal from him/her. it works both ways.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm okay with 3 offensive and 3 defensive wars but you should be able to get out of an offensive war from someone who isn't active. 7 days is a long time and you may want to move on well before then. Inactive players can hog your offensive slots.

I think that if the defending nation doesn't respond to a peace offer in 24-48 hours (either by denying the offer or by responding with force) that it should automatically peace out that war.

Edit:

Oops. Sorry if this was a gravedig. The thread was only a few entries down the list on the first page. I guess this forum isn't as active as I had assumed.

Edited by Fred Derf