Statistic Screens Update

admin

I've updated the statistic screens in the game such as the 'Display All Nations' page in an effort to clean up the output and to provide links to send private messages and view that nations alliance directly from the statistic screens. Since there is a limited amount of space available I could not include everything so I opted to provide these icon links and removed the numer of cruise missile column. For the alliance screens since seniority is such an important column I opted to remove the number of nuclear weapons column to make room for everything else.

Anyways, I wanted to get some thoughs on these changes. I'm still open to make adjustments if needed but compared to the previous layouts I think these new screens are better organized and alliance recruiters should appreciate the direct link to send private messages to new nations.

First qualm: If there is space to the left of the "Send PM" button, and there is an "Alliance" button, I would like the alliance button to go to the left of the "Send PM" button instead of under it. If the nation name is too long already, than keep as is. This would make the page a little smaller.

Honestly I would just make it like a hybrid War/Display all nation screen. (war just because of the drop down menu)

Have the general stuff like:

Nation Name --- Creation Date or Last Active --- Team Color --- Strength --- Infrastructure --- Technology --- Mode --- Drop Down Menu

The drop down menu would have:

-Declare War

-Send Trade

-Send Aid

-Perform Spy Operation

Sample Nation --- Month Day, Year/ 00:00 PM 00/00/00 --- Black --- 10,000.00 --- 1,200.00 --- 200.00 --- Peace Mode --- Select....

If a nation clicks select, drop down menu would reveal:

-Declare War

-Send Trade

-Send Aid

-Perform Spy Operation

My 2 cents.

Ah!! If there is anything I can do to have you reconsider removing the nuclear weapons column, please tell me!

(Actually, if you put it back, maybe just the number of nukes instead of the picture where you have to hover your mouse over to see the number of nukes that they have...)

A small error:

Shouldn't the 'created' section say 'Last Activity'.

And if you could please bring up that old topic in the Suggestion Box regarding this, I could recall some thoughts about it.

edit: But to save space, why don't you take that 'created' out completely and leave the list in descending order from activity like the normal searches. It's not like players really need a list from age, and you have space to put forth more criteria to apply to the nations.

Edited by thedestro

First qualm: If there is space to the left of the "Send PM" button, and there is an "Alliance" button, I would like the alliance button to go to the left of the "Send PM" button instead of under it. If the nation name is too long already, than keep as is. This would make the page a little smaller.

It's about conserving width not length. That's why players can have the option of extending their nations per page which only increases the length.

Edited by thedestro

Ah!! If there is anything I can do to have you reconsider removing the nuclear weapons column, please tell me!

(Actually, if you put it back, maybe just the number of nukes instead of the picture where you have to hover your mouse over to see the number of nukes that they have...)

The nuclear weapons column is one which IMO too should remain.

Couldn't there be a list of information columns to choose from in your profile (presumably with some fixed ones like nation name and ruler)? That way people can see what they want, and pick more or less depending on how much space they have to take up (people with wider displays, for example, could use the extra space)

Does this not make it harder for recruiters now?

I used to copy the ruler name and past it into another tab, but now would have to either individually send recruitment messages or go into each nation, copy the ruler name and past in new tab.

Also bring back the sort by land option, I always use that :D

I like it! I'm especially happy to see the "sort ascending" option for each column. I often list them all by strength, then by infra, then by...etc. and I used to have to click each column twice to see the top nations.

As for land, I agree that would be nice, if there's space. If it's already as full as you can get it for low resolutions, I think you've got the priorities right though.

Couldn't there be a list of information columns to choose from in your profile (presumably with some fixed ones like nation name and ruler)? That way people can see what they want, and pick more or less depending on how much space they have to take up (people with wider displays, for example, could use the extra space)

This is a really good idea.

However, if it's not used, can we have the nuclear column back? Have it list nukes 0-25 or and X if the country does not allow it.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like how we have the choice to sort by ascending or descending (with the two arrows)! Thanks.

I really liked having Land as an option to sort by and would appreciate the column coming back. To me, that's much more important than cruise missiles, which is as arbitrary as tanks, soldiers, defcon, or nuke number. Hope you consider it.