Tournament Edition Bugs & Suggestions

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Change update to every 12 hours instead of 24. (days are half as long)

Answer:

Multiple daily updates makes it too much of a 'be on all the time' type game. I have played those. Fast paced is good but those burn out too fast.

^ Agreed.

Also, if that's not enough for you, admin's statement concerning 12-hour player updates:

1) There will be one update per day just like Cyber Nations standard. There are many reasons for a single update per day but mostly becuase multiple updates are difficult for players to keep up with.
Edited by Great Dzar

I would be more likely to donate in TE if this was the benefit. Plus it removes the feeling that people can buy there way to the top.

THIS! Opening up additional offensive war slots is still a great benefit that will encourage people to donate, but I can't say it better than Srqt - I wouldn't feel cheated by being beaten by those who donated if this were the donation bonus rather than infra.

When TE resets between rounds will it require re-registration or will your nation just be deleted? I understand re-registration during alpha testing to give more people a chance to get in, but it would be easier if you didn't have to re-register for every round once it's out of alpha. I know once 90 days isn't too much bother but it is some.

To: Mike Signorile From: Boogeyman657 8/2/2008 7:36:43 AM Subject: Battle Report

You have been attacked by Boogeyman657. You lost 176 soldiers and 21 tanks. You killed 51 soldiers and 0 tanks. Their forces razed 1.536 miles of your land, stole 1.287 technology, and destroyed 4.929 infrastructure. Their forces looted $0.00 from you and you gained $5.38 in your enemy's abandoned equipment. In the end the battle was a Victory. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

How is that a victory for him when I stole his tech, land and destroyed his infra? :mellow: Bug maybe?

IIRC, if you get money, you win. Though I may be remembering wrong.

It's the other way around.. if you win, you get money. :awesome:

Were your battle odds low when you performed that attack? Perhaps admin brought back the underdog thing.

How is that a victory for him when I stole his tech, land and destroyed his infra? :mellow: Bug maybe?

whichever side gets money wins. In the main game I once destroyed infra looted tech and killed way more soldiers than I lost but lost the battle due to abandoning $0.01 worth of equipment :P

If you havent figured out a way to fix the donation problem, how about you give a nation 1000% (10x) his daily collection (or whatever percentage increase works out to be fair)?

Edited by PieMan

I must apologize to every body in this thread. I am sorry if I offended any of you in any way.

I also apologize to admin. I am having a conflict with another CN player, as a result I am not in the best of moods. I just hope your forgiving. Again, I am sorry if I offended any of you in any way.

No problem, just read the whole thread next time. :)

-Bama

The real problem with this version is there really is no strategy part.

If you quickly setup trades to get construction and buy the required tech.

You can maybe get 2500 peeps or 2 improvements.

You need to be able to purchase at least 10 improvements or maybe 20 to allow some form different gameplay.

I think it would play much better if the peeps per improvement was dropped to 100.

"You do not have enough citizens to purchase new improvements at this time. You may only purchase one building per 100 citizens."

That would allow you to go the (financial / military / tech buyer) way of your choice.

The real problem with this version is there really is no strategy part.

If you quickly setup trades to get construction and buy the required tech.

You can maybe get 2500 peeps or 2 improvements.

You need to be able to purchase at least 10 improvements or maybe 20 to allow some form different gameplay.

I think it would play much better if the peeps per improvement was dropped to 100.

"You do not have enough citizens to purchase new improvements at this time. You may only purchase one building per 100 citizens."

That would allow you to go the (financial / military / tech buyer) way of your choice.

Keep in mind that the real rounds will be lasting 90 days. That may be useful to alpha testers but why change it just for Alpha testing?

$5.38 Huh?That dudes army must've been stoned or something lol. Last time I won a battle I got over 27 thousand dollars worth of equipment. I would never be satisfied with only getting 5 dollars worth of equipment lol to me that would be extreme humiliation lol.If my army ever got only 5 dollars worth of equipment I would nuke my own country lol, just to get rid of them deadbeats lol.

$5.38 Huh?That dudes army must've been stoned or something lol. Last time I won a battle I got over 27 thousand dollars worth of equipment. I would never be satisfied with only getting 5 dollars worth of equipment lol to me that would be extreme humiliation lol.If my army ever got only 5 dollars worth of equipment I would nuke my own country lol, just to get rid of them deadbeats lol.

Unless the person he took it from only had five dollars... which is how the system works.

I was thinking that all nations should start out with tech/infra/land. The numbers can be adjusted but somewhere around 4k infra, 400 tech and 1k land. Also start each nation with 1-2 mil. This will allow nations to buy infra, military, spies, and navies. There should also be a 3-5 build up time so nations can get ready. and because we have infra, nations could buy more improvements and people will buy Wonders.

I was thinking that all nations should start out with tech/infra/land. The numbers can be adjusted but somewhere around 4k infra, 400 tech and 1k land. Also start each nation with 1-2 mil. This will allow nations to buy infra, military, spies, and navies. There should also be a 3-5 build up time so nations can get ready. and because we have infra, nations could buy more improvements and people will buy Wonders.

I don't like that idea very much. I haven't played CN:TE yet, but from what I understand with the reduced prices reaching that level is perfectly feasible. Remember when it goes public each round will last 90 days and that's plenty of time, IMO to get that far.