So what is the best third wonder?

Oktavia

3rd wonder  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm trying to prepick what my next months wonder is going to be. I went Stock Market -> Pentagon (paranoid of war) -> Social Security over the last months. I'm going to crunch math if you don't mind.

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_d...ation_ID=174139

Current Population = 67,972

Current Infra. Level = 6,070.00

Current Infra Upkeep = $402.13

Great Temple - 5 happiness, $10, which is $28.1 after you add the money modifiers. 30% taxes off that would be $8.43. $573,003.96 gross income increase.

The "religion" selection doesn't really matter since you can pick them anyway.

Great Monument - 4 happiness, becomes 5 if you pick the gov. your citizens don't want. Could be $573,003.96 or $458,403.168 depending on what your citizens want.

Interstate - A flat 8% off bills is $195,274.328 income. Assuming $155,000 infra. cost at time of purchase, 8% discount would be $12,400 off per.

10 infras = $124,000

20 infras = $248,000

30 infras = $372,000

It takes about 30 infras. for Interstate to beat out the Great wonders. if you spend your daily collections on infra.

National Research Lab - 5% population increase would be 3400 more citizens which can be 4 new improvements and $350,000 increased daily income.

---

Can't decide. :wacko:

It takes about 30 infras. for Interstate to beat out the Great wonders. if you spend your daily collections on infra.

Because you are obviously spending your cash on infra Interstate hands down beats all the others.

One thing you are overlooking in your notes on those wonders is the GT and GM both negate a potential spy op against you; whether that matters to you only you can decide.

Most everyone always say Interstate, and given you are over 6k that isn't bad advice at all but it totally depends on your plans and whether you are going to keep sinking $$ into Infrastructure. You will need it sooner or later though. I voted Great Temple. ^_^

I too have too buy my 3rd wonder soon, I have a stock market and a Social security system.

But my option for 3rd wonder is not on your list, I'm buying the agriculture development program, but that's just because I have a lot of land, I did the math and it will increase my income more than the GT , GM and NRL.

I too have too buy my 3rd wonder soon, I have a stock market and a Social security system.

But my option for 3rd wonder is not on your list, I'm buying the agriculture development program, but that's just because I have a lot of land, I did the math and it will increase my income more than the GT , GM and NRL.

You get an extra 0.03 citizens per mile, I don't see how thats a drastic increase in income. 3000 land = 90 citizens.

i went SSS, SM, and then ISS. i am buying the ADP next cause im trying to get to nuke range, and the 15% land increase will help a lot

I don't think that modified land counts towards your NS. I believe it is only straight up purchased land.

• 2 weeks later...

actually, you are wrong about the happiness bonuses for GT and GM, GT gives 5 base, but since the citizens automatically want it, it becomes 6, a $12 increase, while GM can either be a $10 or $12 increase, but it can also give -5% infra cost, +5% land, and upkeep reductions, so both are equally viable options for a wonder choice

actually, you are wrong about the happiness bonuses for GT and GM, GT gives 5 base, but since the citizens automatically want it, it becomes 6, a $12 increase, while GM can either be a $10 or $12 increase, but it can also give -5% infra cost, +5% land, and upkeep reductions, so both are equally viable options for a wonder choice

Besides the CCC, who has a religion their citizens don't want?

The GT is +$10 for almost everyone.

actually, you are wrong about the happiness bonuses for GT and GM, GT gives 5 base, but since the citizens automatically want it, it becomes 6, a $12 increase,

Actually, you're wrong because your citizens are already supposed to be happy with your religion so the only difference is +5 happiness.

Interstate, then Great Temple.

I still want to disagree with people about this. If you are going for nothing but infra growth then yes, it is the best. But I think there are situations where you won't be doing that in which case the IS does not equal the GT. Once you get past the +5 happiness/5% pop wonders, comparing the IS to the other wonders available it becomes the nest clear choice. Besides, the longer you wait the more infra you are likely to have and the IS is probably essential for the 8k jump.

If you plan on getting more infrastructure, then get the Interstate

Also I think that getting the Pentagon was a pretty poor choice for being paranoid of war, I would have opted for an SDI, Manhattan Project or some other better wonder. In fact the only reason I can see that anyone would want to get a Pentagon would be for the Weapons Research Complex (I will get that next wonder cycle)

• 4 months later...

Despite arguing with myself in another thread, I'm going to buy the GT in a few days prior to collecting so the increase is backdated. That will make it more beneficial than the IS which would only be effective immediately, since I've already paid the bills over the saving period. Next one is IS since I probably won't be able to afford a wonder prior to collecting as I'll be maxing my navy next month (boooooo). I voted GT but I still think the IS should be considered as a main contender - but if you're buying a wonder every month take into account that it costs an extra $10 mill and that might negate the immediate superiority for heavy infra purchasers/maintainers when weighed against heavy income boosters.

If you plan on getting more infrastructure, then get the Interstate

Also I think that getting the Pentagon was a pretty poor choice for being paranoid of war, I would have opted for an SDI, Manhattan Project or some other better wonder. In fact the only reason I can see that anyone would want to get a Pentagon would be for the Weapons Research Complex (I will get that next wonder cycle)

Penatgon isn't that bad of a choice anymore. The cheap cost + a decent effect + it leads to the WRC means that it actually is quite a good war wonder. With the FAFB being nerfed a bit by navies, the Pentagon is the best non-nuke war wonder.

Anyway, for the Interstate to be the best, you need to be buying a lot of infra. Personally, I reckon the GT is better.

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by Emperor Badger