new site intro

shotgun91

Was there even a vote for it? I understand that admin is the almighty ruler of it but wouldn't it be best if the intro thingy was picked by a majority of the CN players? Why is Silent's name in the picture? If he's THAT desperate for attention couldn't they have put somewhere ELSE that he made these pictures?

Edited because of admin's post.

Edited by AdolfVonSippycup

^ Yes. There was pages and pages of discussion and a poll. Silent's name is there because Admin said he could.

If you are so violently opposed to the new home page you should have weighed in a week or two ago.

Edited by Choader

the new graphic is trying to hard: the rad-signs are overused, most of the triangles are all uneven, & the rest of the tactical markings (lol) look like weather pattern markers (don't know what I am talking about, watch a news report when they show the high & low pressures across the country/region)

Edited by iKrolm

^ Yes. There was pages and pages of discussion and a poll. Silent's name is there because Admin said he could.

If you are so violently opposed to the new home page you should have weighed in a week or two ago.

How does one participate in a poll that one does not know about? Shouldn't there have been some message sent out to everyone to alert them of this? Why isn't there a area of this forum that has news announcements like this? In short, it was poorly executed.

How does one participate in a poll that one does not know about? Shouldn't there have been some message sent out to everyone to alert them of this? Why isn't there a area of this forum that has news announcements like this? In short, it was poorly executed.

Does it matter? It was admin's choice anyways.

Does it matter? It was admin's choice anyways.

Yes, it does matter. If there was a poll and there was a vote why was a majority of the Cybernation's members not aware of it? Why should we not be included?

Right now I'm hearing two different things:

1) It was our choice and there was a poll/vote.

2) It was admin's choice alone.

If you want to try and put up a decent argument against me at least get your facts in order. If it was in fact only admin's choice then he should have said so in an earlier post in the thread. I wouldn't have anything to argue for if that was the case. If there was a poll and it was OUR choice then why was I, and a majority of Cybernations, not informed of this? That's like having the Presidential Elections at random times and only telling a few people about it.

Well if they say this^ then it matters

Yes, it does matter. If there was a poll and there was a vote why was a majority of the Cybernation's members not aware of it? Why should we not be included?

If you want to try and put up a decent argument against me at least get your facts in order. If it was in fact only admin's choice then he should have said so in an earlier post in the thread. I wouldn't have anything to argue for if that was the case. If there was a poll and it was OUR choice then why was I, and a majority of Cybernations, not informed of this? That's like having the Presidential Elections at random times and only telling a few people about it.

If you never saw it then that is your own failing. It was right here on the CN forum just like this thread you happened to find. Yes, it was Admin's sole decision. Yes, all players were invited to give input on this matter. Admin has never (I think) sent messages to all players about upcoming changes and this is no different. If you found this thread you could have found these ones too:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=28950

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=28523

Don't get into a huff because oh-so-important-you was not asked for your opinion. :rolleyes:

It was not up to the community to decide what graphic to use. The poll that others are referencing was put up by Duke Ltd on his own accord and it had no bearing on what I chose to use in the game (although Silent's graphic did receive the majority fo the votes). This is my game and it has always been my decision on what to use. In fact, I can't think of a single incident where I've let the community vote and make a final decision on anything around here so what gives you the idea that this would have been any different?

You know what you guys, stop. Just stop. Who cares about the intro? Who cares? At least we have somthing different. but with you guys arguing over somthing you have no control over, (exept for Admin) its NOT going to get any different. So stop babbling on about somthing that

#1: Does not affect the gameplay

AND

#2- its just an intro to the game! Just for show. Nothing else.

So Admin, i beleive that you can do what you want, when you want, and how you want to do it anytime, anywhere. Cause you made the game and you run the game. you fund for the game, and you update the game. So you have total control over anything and everything that goes on. As for us, we cannot change that. So arguing is not going to work.

It was not up to the community to decide what graphic to use. The poll that others are referencing was put up by Duke Ltd on his own accord and it had no bearing on what I chose to use in the game (although Silent's graphic did receive the majority fo the votes). This is my game and it has always been my decision on what to use. In fact, I can't think of a single incident where I've let the community vote and make a final decision on anything around here so what gives you the idea that this would have been any different?

And that's all I needed to hear.

Well technically Ch4se had two poll options and combined they outscored silent. :ph34r:

here's an idea, if you dont like it, then just bookmark the login page, that way you will never have to look at it

anyway...i like the new intro page, it was time for an update and i think Silent did a great job

I don't like the "ongoing" style of the excerpts. Kind of confusing,

Same. But otherwise it looks bloody awesome!

Having read back through this thread:

- I'm going to declare war on Silent because I'm a little baby and can't handle that the previous image was change.

- Waah-waah-waah-waah-waah.

- Muuuumy! I want my muuummmy!

Edited by Candide