Happiness: 42.09

Citizens: 33,248

Avg. Gross Income Per Individual Per Day: $262.96

Avg. Individual Income Taxes Paid Per Day: $73.63

+1 Happiness = +$4.14 gross.

Stock Market:

+$10.00 gross = 10 x 0.28 x 33,248

= +$93,094 income per day

That's the equivalent of +2.42 happiness. Only just better than a Police HQ.

Social Security System:

+2% tax rate = 0.02 x 262.96 x 33,248

= +$174,857.88 income per day

Great Temple:

+5 happiness = 5 x 4.14 x 0.28 x 33,248

= +$192,705.41 income per day

For the sake of starting the cycle early, I plan on pausing at 2999.99 infra and saving for my first wonder. I've heard talk of buying a Stock Market first if you're below 4000 infra and buying a Social Security System otherwise, but as far as I can tell, Stock Markets are !@#$ and a Great Temple would be better than either for me. I'm quite sure my maths is wrong somewhere so can someone please enlighten me?

Chur chur :rolleyes:

Edit: Ok, just read another thread and realised the +$10.00 is subject to modifiers, etc. so it comes out being exactly the same as GT but cheaper. Don't worry :-D

Edited by Sjeohp

I have waited abit too long to buy my first wonder, I'm now on 4999.99 infra but I'm not going to make the infra jump till after I have both The Stock Market and The Social Security System.

Which would be best for me to buy first?

Edited by jonwalker

Depends on if you have the money for either right now. If you have the money right now to buy either, buy the SSS. It will make you marginally more money than the SM. If you have to save up the money, you'll want to start your wonder cycle as soon as possible particularly since you're going to wait until you have both, buy the SM. It's $10 million cheaper and you won't have to save as long which means starting the 30 day wonder cycle and getting to the second wonder sooner. And it's only marginally less income and the SM has the best benefit to cost ratio.

SSS is usually best to get first not the stock market but that depends on how much you make. Though you shouldn't be buying any wonder until around 4000 infra and making a good 2 million a day after taxes. Also stock market and great temple are exact same thing but the temple lets you stop worrying about figuring out which religion your people prefer. I would get the great temple before a stock market.

An excerpt from my CN Word document:

Wonder Cutoffs:

SSS and +5 happiness/+$10 wonders (with perfect multipliers): Under $290.50, +5 happiness/+$10 wonders are better. Above $290.50, the SSS is better.

That may be true, but Stock Market is better than SSS as a first wonder in 99% of the cases.

I believe Stock Market would also serve to help a nation in anarchy or nuclear anarchy or whatever anarchy you are in since you will lose happiness in anarchy, but the stock markets +10(...) would stay on. So I guess that might be one reason to choose it.

Edited by Turetel

What are you guys talking about? If you've played the game long enough to consider buying wonders, you should know that the Stock Market is the best economic first wonder. This is true in 95% of the cases. The only two reasons I think someone might not buy a Stock Market first are:

1. You have the money to purchase a SSS. However, if you have the money currently to purchase it, the question is, why didn't you buy the Stock Market days ago?

2. Someone pays you to buy a wonder. This one I haven't seen as much, but it was just an interesting idea I had thought of if you have someone you trust. I'll probably get shot down on this one by someone on something I forgot, but oh well. Has anyone tried to find a permanent donation seller? Let's say donations are 12m a piece now. If you send them 25mil to buy a FAC and then waste 2 slots a month on donations instead of 4, you might be able to pay the FAC back in a few months. Just an idea that came to my head.

Stock Market is the cheapest "good" wonder and the $10mil lower purchase price helps people start the wonder cycle 2-5 days earlier at the time they start.

From how I've come to understand it was, Stock Market, SSS, National Lab, DRA, Internet/Temple/Monument (they all have the same effect and same price).

Reasoning behind that is because Stock Market allows you to start the wonder cycle sooner (at least 2-5 days sooner) and it gives the best economic benefits with a lower price. As someone said (I forget who, but I'm sure they were from MHA :P ), it has the best cost/benefits ratio out of them all.

EDIT: It was Count Rupert who said it.

Edited by fireguy15207

stock market isnt the best wonder, its good for smaller nations...

it has no immediate effects, but in the long run its good... short run its a waste

This is a puzzling statement to say the least. How is not receiving $20.75 added to gross citizen income and the corresponding $5.81 per citizen in additional collection per day not immediate? There is nothing that happens later with SM that doesn't occur on day one. It has the exact same benefit as the Internet or any of the other +5 happiness wonders for $5 million less in cost meaning it has a better benefit to cost ratio. For a nation around the 4k jump looking to buy it's first wonder; it makes only marginally less money than the Social Security System for $10 million less money. Given the need to start your wonder cycle as quickly as possible over the time it needs to save for either the SM or the SSS, SM is THE best wonder to get.

stock market isnt the best wonder, its good for smaller nations...

it has no immediate effects, but in the long run its good... short run its a waste

There is no wonder that is good in the short run. Wonders take months to pay off.

Stock market is not the BEST WONDER. There is no BEST WONDER. As you buy wonders to fit your needs.

The stock market should be bought at 3999.99 infra, and the remaining money you have (10mil) as opposed to buying SSS is better spent on infra. It will make you more money in both the long and short run.

From how I've come to understand it was, Stock Market, SSS, National Lab, DRA, Internet/Temple/Monument (they all have the same effect and same price).

Reasoning behind that is because Stock Market allows you to start the wonder cycle sooner (at least 2-5 days sooner) and it gives the best economic benefits with a lower price. As someone said (I forget who, but I'm sure they were from MHA :P ), it has the best cost/benefits ratio out of them all.

EDIT: It was Count Rupert who said it.

National Lab isn't 3rd. The NRL is only better than other +5 happiness/+$10 wonders if your citizens make $415 gross or more.

2999.99 infra is way too early. You'd be better off sinking that $30-$35M into extra infrastructure.

Infrastructure can be destroyed in a war. Stock Markets cannot. In the long run buying wonders as soon as you can will be better. Wonders are also time constricted whereas buying infra is not. Imagine even in war, how much stronger he would be at his level than everyone else if he had wonders. :-)