Cookout/Polar Announcement Re Nukes^6

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, Cydonian Knight said:

2: You're losing tech, which at your level means either you'll lose time or a fair amount of money to recover. Tech is the only advantage most of you have at the NS you are, albeit a big one, so the more tech you lose the harder it'll be for you to be ahead in war damage and cash obtained vs cash burned. A final thought on this point, I don't think any of you, with the exception of Javier and maybe FL, have been able to declare an offensive war or go to peace mode to regroup in a while

3: Nah, if anything the only good thing your group has done is give us some activity to break the dullness of daily CN life

Thanks for the breakdown on CN warfare! Do you think we are going to just stop once we hit zero tech? We will probably throw a party and keep going. I've personally got enough cash to be around for years and I don't mind doing it, after all...

Doing what's right > Pixels

No we haven't been able to declare a war aside from the initial round, yet. That is just the general nature of things when it's 6 nations vs however many hundreds have declared on us. 

14 minutes ago, Anhur said:

Then why is Javiers war Reason   "DS donation"? (Honestly... just curious.)

I'm not sure. Lan had a previous deal with DoomSquad, but that deal was terminated 2 or 3 months ago, I believe. I'm not sure the purpose of posting it as the war reason. The deal ended amicably as far as I'm aware.

Aiding rogue suiciders has always been an act of war. Always will be. Legitimate alliances continuing tech deals while fighting rogues has always been acceptable. Always will be.

6 minutes ago, dev0win said:

Aiding rogue suiciders has always been an act of war. Always will be. Legitimate alliances continuing tech deals while fighting rogues has always been acceptable. Always will be.

Absolutely. Aiding rogues or alliances at war has always been, and will always be, a valid CB.

53 minutes ago, dev0win said:

We are as much of an AA as much as a nation sitter for a quitting nation is returning 😂

1 hour ago, dev0win said:

That's a lot of dancing. I've known Devo enough to know "lots of Devo dancing means he's trying to justify doing the same thing he's criticizing others for."

Let's keep it simple: "aiding nations or alliances at war has always been an act of war."

For example: it was an act of war when OG, at VEP's direction, provided military aid to Armen. As a result, Lan is getting crushed.

Aiding TW? Also an act of war. Will anybody call NG on it? Doubtful. Just like you guys didn't attack ODN over their aid packets to me. 

Edited by firingline

1 hour ago, dev0win said:

Nice deflect.

No one is saying that you shouldn’t be doing tech deals in general, doing “tech deal” with tW while they are at war with KoRT and posting this notice is quite a bit hypocritical though.

4 minutes ago, Electron Sponge said:

He is someone who more than anything else deeply desires to belong, and he studies the wiki.

I can see you're still mad about the whole trades thing.

This is among my favorite Wiki articles, by the way. It covers VE ending your career.

16 minutes ago, firingline said:

This is among my favorite Wiki articles, by the way. It covers VE ending your career.

See one of the main things about me you don't learn on the wiki is that I don't care about my nation. People who have actually been around since the old days know that.

It's ironic you link to that wiki article as if it is some sort of burn - what did I do next? What a clown you are.

Just now, Electron Sponge said:

See one of the main things about me you don't learn on the wiki is that I don't care about my nation. People who have actually been around since the old days know that.

It's ironic you link to that wiki article as if it is some sort of burn - what did I do next? What a clown you are.

What does any of this have to do with your nation?

what did I do next?

Went "unreachable" for a few days so you could be replaced without having to step down, if I remember correctly.

Then tried to get your revenge on NPO a decade-plus later, only to fail again

No wonder you're so bitter!

21 minutes ago, firingline said:

Went "unreachable" for a few days so you could be replaced without having to step down, if I remember correctly.

You mentioned I was bitter about your trade agreement with me, which is preposterous. I don't care about things like that. I never have.

And since you're bringing up July 4, 2008: you are entirely incorrect. Go read the wiki again regarding that, and then maybe read about Vox Populi.

I, fir one, think this is quite riveting but far from the topic at hand gentlemen. Given the police if our world are otherwise preoccupied, I'm sure we can self moderate and focus on the OP instead if a veritable dick measuring contest

8 hours ago, firingline said:

End?  That was just the beginning.  He did not just go become a nuclear rogue likesome failure, he used his leaving to his advantage and became even more dangerous.  I have been an ally and enemy of Planet Bobs greatest leaders and would without hesitation put ES at the top.  You could take away his toys and he just became a bigger threat.   Oh how I miss the days a skilled capable rival. ES was the very best.   Frankly you should be begging him on hints on how be a real  scourge on Planet Bob instead of just being annoying.  

1 hour ago, TheBigBad said:

End?  That was just the beginning.

No, that was very much the end.

He did not just go become a nuclear rogue 

It's pretty cute that you're pretending Sponge had some kind of dignified exit.

He didn't.

He got outplayed, so he just 'stopped logging in' until he was removed. He did try to get his revenge in the last global, but instead lead a mediocre alliance to a stalemate (with, I must note, one of the biggest failures of a subplot I've ever seen - trying to "drag down" a doombird; that doombird how has twice the tech of any Polar nation.)

Then he retired again.

Yawn.

10 hours ago, firingline said:

Was in STA gov at the time of this. It is truly laughable that you think you know anything about this time period if you think this ended his career. 

1 minute ago, ditchboy00 said:

Was in STA gov at the time of this. It is truly laughable that you think you know anything about this time period if you think this ended his career. 

Everybody keeps waving their hands around about all the great things Sponge has done since he was publicly humiliated and slinked away from CN. But nobody has any examples. Odd!