Something Blue

Something Blue

A Mutual Defense Pact between Old Guard and the New Polar Order

Article I: Nonaggression
Both signatories will hereafter refrain from any form of hostile activity, hereafter defined as military force, internal subversion or espionage of any kind, against the other.

Article II: Conduct
Signatories of this pact pledge to show only respect and good will towards each other. While this will prohibit outright verbal hostility in all its forms, it will not restrict healthy debate or productive disagreement.

Article III: Mutual Defense
Should either signatory be subject to an act of aggression, they are well within their rights to request military support, which the other signatory is obligated to provide.

Article IV: Assistance
Should either signatory come into need of aid of either political or financial aid, they may request such support as is necessary from the other signatory.  It is recognized, however, that this request is in no way an obligation.

Article V: Intelligence
Should vital knowledge of a political or military nature come to the attention of one signatory, they are required to share it with the other.

Article VI: Cancellation
It is the hope of both signatories that this pact may last forever, or until the bond it represents grows to the point where an upgrade is merited.  Given the uncertainties of the future, however, it is recognized that should any of the above Articles be violated, or should some major irreparable disagreement arise, that this pact maybe canceled after 5 days notice.

For Old Guard,
Arminius, Triumvar

For the New Polar Order,

Quantum Leap, Empress

Medic32, Imperial Regent

Dendarii Federation, Minister of Peace

73MPL4R, Minister of Love

JadenStar10, Minister of Plenty

electron sponge, Minister of Truth

guus87, Deputy Minister of Peace

Tharu, Deputy Minister of Love

Dubh Caireallain, Deputy Minister of Truth

Ah, so the target isn't PGS, it's UCR.  Time to activate that other treaty you posted today to attack UCR in defense of MONGOLS?  And this will keep OG from entering in defense of UCR.

The game of tic tac toe in the sand continues.

1 minute ago, Jason8 said:

Ah, so the target isn't PGS, it's UCR.  Time to activate that other treaty you posted today to attack UCR in defense of MONGOLS?  And this will keep OG from entering in defense of UCR.

charlie-day.gif

I hate to disappoint you but very little time is spent thinking about your alliance.

Just now, Electron Sponge said:

charlie-day.gif

I hate to disappoint you but very little time is spent thinking about your alliance.

Indeed, it's more likely this treaty was signed in order to allow for the Old Guard nations who went into Peace Mode to leave because of fear of having to fight Non Grata:

(9/1/2023 1:04:46 PM)    Lan Mandragoran changed from war mode to peace mode.
(9/1/2023 11:37:10 AM)    Friendly_hazard changed from war mode to peace mode.
(9/1/2023 4:04:15 PM)    compcowboy changed from war mode to peace mode.

5 minutes ago, Jason8 said:

No "defense" of UCR is necessary.

They're the ones who declared war on TW and they're the ones refusing a fair peace offer despite losing to TW.

1 minute ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

Although Old Guard apparently has an active treaty with UCR:

e9HIys0.png

I'm not sure what that has to do with my point.

As I said - UCR declared war on TW, was defeated on the battlefield despite outnumbering TW, and refuses to accept a fair peace offer - instead demanding TW surrender (despite, again, TW clearly having won this war.) 

We all know what's going on here, and while I know playing dumb is kind of your thing, nobody's buying it.

Just now, firingline said:

I'm not sure what that has to do with my point.

As I said - UCR declared war on TW, was defeated on the battlefield despite outnumbering TW, and refuses to accept a fair peace offer - instead demanding TW surrender (despite, again, TW clearly having won this war.) 

We all know what's going on here, and while I know playing dumb is kind of your thing, nobody's buying it.

Well, Non Grata declared war on UCR, and their treaty holders in OG decided to have 3 out of 7 nations go into peace mode around the same time? That sounds a bit sketchy to me. Just focusing on the more relevant parts, The Wolves have their own thread for that drama.

9 minutes ago, firingline said:

No "defense" of UCR is necessary.

They're the ones who declared war on TW and they're the ones refusing a fair peace offer despite losing to TW.

joseph-stalin-soviet-council-member-disa

that’s some high quality propaganda you are spinning.

Really awesome treaty between some awesome folks! I’m excited for the future!

32 minutes ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

Oh, I thought Old Guard had collapsed. Nice to see the signing of an MDP though?

28 minutes ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

Don't worry, next treaty will be a PIAT with United Equestria at this rate.

26 minutes ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

Well I guess...

Jeez man, do I even need to say it?