Reforms and why they fail...

Evangeline Anovilis

Historically Britain has opposed these geopolitically against would be Hegemons: Hapsburg Spain and Austria, Royalist France, Revolutionary France, Imperial France, Imperial Germany, Nazi Germany, and finally Soviet Russia.

Historically though, it often also shifted alliances on perceived threats (like in the diplomatic revolution between the War of Austrian Succession and the Seven Years War) and there is a case to be made that British policy towards Imperial Germany was less focused on containing Germany, than it was to avoiding issues with Russia, a policy that was entertained because while the Anglo-Japanese alliance gave some security, Britain worried about security needs if the Great Game resumed. Imperial germany was an aspiring power, but not in any position to challenge the British position sufficiently. But yeah, just pointing out, British foreign policy is more complex at times.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It becomes my world, when others let it become my world. If you don't like that, feel free to work on that. And no excuses of me being "too OP", because my stats are nice, but far from the greatest.

You aren't in the RP, but feel free to join and do something about it.

I'm merely joking of course. Would take a hell of a lot of convincing to get me to willingly join CNRP and even then I'd probably be on your side as the only person from the CNRP Clique who's ever approached me with anything less than Outright Condescension.

I had pretty similar points of view on both the war in Britain and in South Africa, IC and OOC. As I support hegemonial systems based on them providing security, stability and some level of international governance, the wars both were to me a failure of hegemonial order, as both wars solely gave reason to distrust the reliability of the hegemony to provide security benefits and it was mostly my war with MGL that prevented me from being that concerned about other issues. There's a reason I finally tried to get at least the non-proliferation regime to be enforced, because it's the last cornerstone of old order. I have argued multiple times already, even if not a moral issue, the actions taken back then have not benefitted the hegemony in the slightest and have not improved the world. Not that it matters much now, when hegemony has stopped working apart from nuclear issues. For better or worse...

I'm working on my staying power, given I acknowledge that it is my major weakness. Of course, time will show how successful that is. But yeah, that's indeed the one point I was not all too reliable in.

As the person RPing Romania, I can only agree on the Anglo-Spartan notion, mainly because after people turned my whole western border into a hostile one, I think noone should complain that I only strengthen my ties with Carthage and Britain, first being a reliable ally (and Cent can tell you that prior to CNRP2, we weren't on the greatest of terms), second being a good choice based on geostrategic positioning and my confidence that Triyun would not let me hang, because at that point, IC objectives aligned in preserving our countries and stopping the growing hostility coming from the lands inbetween us. While I had considered ties with France, due to Romanian Francophilia, such an option died with France being much closer to the enemy position (Alvonian-Yugoslav position) than Romania, same with Sweden. Only once that whole system collapsed and the immediate thread collapsed, approaching France cooperatively (at least as cooperatively as the situation allowed) was an option that would not just end in wasted time.

We also are working on that and while I don't think I can disclose much, I can tell you, we are trying to keep personal grievances out, given that founding an RP based on that is counter-intuitive to the whole rationale of why PD and I started this.

The one reason where you got threatened was over Savoy. And without trying to argue the validity of the case, this was an IC issue that is related to the issue that backing Cisalpina was a better option to pursue. Triyun's reasons are his to explain fully, but given Romania followed a kind of mirrored policy from the East, the backing of Cisalpina happened most of all due to them opposing Markus, who was seen as key opponent of Romania. That this led to issues with France was mostly something that came up when Lyser brought up France, before it got all wiped, but had it not occurred, the issue would have already led to adressing the French grievances then. The endgame for Romania was mostly to work within the Eastern Bloc to keep Eastern Europe stable and avoid threats from that neighbourhood, Cisalpina and Northlands were partners based on keeping Alvonia down, as Markus was inevitably going to be revanchist and his policies showed as much. Carthage was an important ally, for keeping my maritime traffic in the Med safe, Sweden was approached once in the hope of a partnership in exchange for keeping Alvonia isolated, France and Britain joined in this only at the very end, mostly Britain as potential counterweight (which it ultimatively was) and the Franco-Italian issues over Savoy were hoped to be overcome via diplomacy, given that neither pushing France into Alvonia's embrace nor sacrificing Cisalpina looked very appealing. The final issue was however really that with the Eastern Bloc crashing down and Rudolph joining forces with Markus, my security policy for Europe failed and the only viable option became allying Britain to keep you people from gutting Romania or at least to have a fighting chance. When however Zoot uncovered Rudy trying to sell of parts of my country (which would not be gained without war), it was clear war was inevitable and you know... I rather fight it in his land than in mine.

The issue with CNRP2s war is that it IC happened due to failed diplomacy. Why your side felt compelled to not seek diplomatic solutions (Why did Yugoslavia prioritise Alvonia over keeping Romania on good terms, unless he wanted war? Why did France never seek to prevent Anglo-Romanian ties by providing an incentive for cooperation?) is the IC disaster that remains a mystery. The true disaster however is the OOC one, which is that your side was (apart from you) not willing to carry the IC consequences. Instead, people rather first made it a messy war and then ran for a new RP. People like Rudolph used as reason for leaving that I'd inevitably split up his country, based on talks with Euphaia, which kind of became invalidated as I signed a document that our coalition would not aim for land gains (which we did so people overreact less, which is OOC anyway, but well).

Speaking for myself, just previous to Romania's declaration of war (Which forced the French response) I was in the middle of diplomatic negotiation with Britain and Carthage for the objective of maybe not getting crushed for no reason.

Romania was never considered to have diplomatic potential because, in part, there was no geo-political reason. Isolated from us by an ally, a friend, and an adversary, and taking adverse positions to our European friends, it wouldn't have been worth it in a political or military sense and would have strained our relationship with one of our most reliable friends. We assumed that Romania, on the inverse side, would have no wish to speak with us precisely because our most reliable friends were who they were.

I was pushed into strong ties with Alvonia immediately upon my return simply because I was surrounded by hostile entities, so a bit of a failure there.

On the subject of Cisalpina, we had no motivation to start some sort of negotiation because they had no motivation to even accept any. They, thanks to their allies, had no reason to give any kind of deal to France because it'd been demonstrated that France couldn't do anything about it without Britain, Romania, Carthage, and Prussia (just to mention the ones near the theater) crashing down and Partitioning me.

But the purpose of this thread isn't to justify former IC actions and I apologize that I've turned it that direction.

Edited by Shave N Haircut

The reason I even wrote my post on it, is because to me, it is one issue (out of a few) that causes community rifts. That we blame others for our failed diplomacy too much. And I normally don't talk as much to people I feel are my principal adversaries, than I spend talking to secondary adversaries, those allied to principal adversaries, to keep them out of fights and have them act as mediators. Because two people can hate each other, but if an influential friend of both is inbetween, normally there's no war, because they will not just sacrifice that tie. Kind of why Triyun was able to mediate relations between MGL and me, not because I ever felt MGL was right (I'd not be standing in Alaska if I did), but because it is politically unacceptable to both sides to sacrifice ties to Tianxia.

Your situation overall was pretty bad, but it can profit from entanglements and concessions. This may seem like there's a lot of restrictions and not much can be done, but that is what happens in a complex treaty web. Germany had that issue under Bismarck, that it was entangled everywhere and had no free hand. After Bismarck, Germans attempted to losen these ties, leading to more immediate freedom, but getting set up in WWI. One can learn from this. Romania certainly had not too much room to maneuver, as all freedoms I had was in isolating Alvonia, which, despite popular opinion, still happened after talking to my allies who got consulted. But I was hopeful that the ties that were set up would get me security.

The reason I even wrote my post on it, is because to me, it is one issue (out of a few) that causes community rifts. That we blame others for our failed diplomacy too much.

I can see where that might be an issue, but I've never seen it as one that I personally have a problem with. More, I like to point out attitude and general hostility of environment (Ergo, me not having any intent of joining CNRP).

Edited by Shave N Haircut

Historically though, it often also shifted alliances on perceived threats (like in the diplomatic revolution between the War of Austrian Succession and the Seven Years War) and there is a case to be made that British policy towards Imperial Germany was less focused on containing Germany, than it was to avoiding issues with Russia, a policy that was entertained because while the Anglo-Japanese alliance gave some security, Britain worried about security needs if the Great Game resumed. Imperial germany was an aspiring power, but not in any position to challenge the British position sufficiently. But yeah, just pointing out, British foreign policy is more complex at times.

Which we'd never known how that would've developed because a shot was fired really early on.

I can see where that might be an issue, but I've never seen it as one that I personally have a problem with. More, I like to point out attitude and general hostility of environment (Ergo, me not having any intent of joining CNRP).

Well, personally, I feel like others got more issues with me than I with them, but overall, the rifts are an issue to the quality of the RP. Doesn't matter that I'm neither Mogar nor Triyun, but if there's an issue that causes OOC community problems, it even affects me when RPs seccede.

Which we'd never known how that would've developed because a shot was fired really early on.

A true tragedy.

Well, personally, I feel like others got more issues with me than I with them, but overall, the rifts are an issue to the quality of the RP. Doesn't matter that I'm neither Mogar nor Triyun, but if there's an issue that causes OOC community problems, it even affects me when RPs seccede.

As a general rule I feel like this is true for me as well but there are situations where it most certainly isn't.

Unfortunately ,as demonstrated by various situations in CNRPA there are people in the community that will take critical offense with even the littlest shit and just randomly quit.

The issue with CNRP2s war is that it IC happened due to failed diplomacy. Why your side felt compelled to not seek diplomatic solutions (Why did Yugoslavia prioritise Alvonia over keeping Romania on good terms, unless he wanted war? Why did France never seek to prevent Anglo-Romanian ties by providing an incentive for cooperation?) is the IC disaster that remains a mystery. The true disaster however is the OOC one, which is that your side was (apart from you) not willing to carry the IC consequences. Instead, people rather first made it a messy war and then ran for a new RP. People like Rudolph used as reason for leaving that I'd inevitably split up his country, based on talks with Euphaia, which kind of became invalidated as I signed a document that our coalition would not aim for land gains (which we did so people overreact less, which is OOC anyway, but well).

Your own was about the only good faith diplomacy that occurred from those who joined after the voting rules were dropped. Britain did not want diplomacy with France and any attempts at diplomatic relations with any member of #hegemon were not on the table for the majority of our coalition with the exception of Yeru. Tikal had attempted diplomacy with Britain previously, Alvonia was going to get gangbanged, and I would have had no issues of RPing out the consequences of the war, but it got wiped once Triyun was going to have to RP a dead island like Zoot did. It became clear that some of us were not in the chosen clique, and thus would not be granted any expectation of good faith RP, with clear OOC provocations occuring IC, why stay in a world that type of behavior?

(which we did so people overreact less, which is OOC anyway, but well)

Because nobody ever let OOC spill into IC ever.

Your(Everyone on access in #hegemon) own actions killed RP1 and RP2, what are you willing to change about this world to make it so desirable compared to the alternatives?

Edited by Mogar

It becomes my world, when others let it become my world. If you don't like that, feel free to work on that. And no excuses of me being "too OP", because my stats are nice, but far from the greatest.

You had gained a sense of humor a few days ago and then you suddenly lost it with this post. :v:

Interesting topic. From my years here, it's clear that some people just don't get along. I think the new RPs are a natural reaction to not wanting to RP with other players, and I honestly don't think that's a problem. It gives RPers more choices to choose from when deciding on what they want. I would also challenge the topic title that the reforms have always failed. CNRPA is healthier in terms of activity and membership than CNRP and has been for a while, although activity in general has decreased (for both the roleplay and game itself). 

You say that one of the great things about the RP is that everyone is allowed to roll in, regardless of whether they are well-liked by the community. Frankly, the entire reason I'm here RPing is to have fun, not fulfill some obligation to reach out to every individual that chooses to be spoiled, angry, egotistical, etc. I've seen too much of the vitrol and discontent that this RP and IRC create between players (and trust me as a GM for CNRP2 I saw this from every side). There are different DoE mechanisms for these RPs, and I think each has a purpose and reasoning. 

In regards to CNRP specifically, I'm not going to comment on what could be changed as I haven't had a nation in CNRP for years. Maybe instituting caps would help, but I don't think that will have a real impact on how entrenched the RP currently is (if that's considered a problem). 

To Margrave's post, I guess I would say I'm not sure.  I don't think that cooperation between Lavo and Lynneth, who for most of that time were the two largest nations by a good margin was that big a factor in global politics, and I know for a fact that I did go to war when I invaded Europe against that Martenist Bloc we had him cooperating with Lavo, and though they had just fought a planned war our bloc thought Lynneth, plus he was merged with BR making them the biggest.  I didn't necessarily see that as a deterrent.  I think you're sort of super imposing a few things.  

-First I don't think that what the top 2 nations matter that much, and for most of the Tianxia-Athenian Alliance they weren't the top two nations.  Again Lyn-Lavo cooperation never mattered all that much.  Both Lyn and EM were bigger than Cent, and Cochin and Kankou were about even.

-I think the Martenists or Germanics in particular do need to sort of get over stuff.  What I mean by that is that I've found they sort of take the view if they can't get exactly what they want they tend to leave.  I take the view it would be the same to me saying if I can't have all China right away I'll leave.  I think one of the problems is staying power.

-Which brings up the other thing.  Cent and my alliance is firmly routed on one foundation: reliability.  Its not broness.  Sarah's ranted about Cent holding Europe in a stranglehold in the past, and everyone knows I listen to her more than everyone.  So I don't think its fair to say its OOC, and indeed there have been some instances where Cent and my alliance has been strained such as my growing relations in the past with Poland and Japan, and his with Germany.  But the fact is while other players are fickle, Athens and Tianxia are two established states that you can be confident will be around in 2 months to help you deal with the consequences of you supporting the other on a dispute.  Both are roughly committed to the rule of law and international norms, though I have more a American approach to it, he has more of a European one.  Both are relatively territorially happy, so you don't have to trade land gains for favors.  That's why the Athenian-Tianxia Alliance works.  I'd say I tend to like Eva, Shammy, MGL, and Justinians states as major powers but I don't trust the first two to necessarily be in the same nation in two months, and I don't trust the latter two to always post when they say.  If Athenian Interests are stable non-expansionist relatively, committed to rule of law, and its reliable, why wouldn't Tianxia have a partnership?  It is the same reason the US and EU cooperate so closely despite being by far (at least potentially if EU gets its !@#$ together) the two most powerful and certainly two most advanced political entities in the global order IRL.

In CNRP2, players actions pretty much pushed Carthage and Sparta and then Carthage and UK close together the same way.  People have to take responsibility for their own actions.  If you treat two players going into the game at the same time with a level of hostility, demanding their recognize your special zones of influence while denying them their own, of course their going to cooperate.  Its common sense.

I hope Eva and PDs efforts are successful, and if there is substantive proposals with details of improvements not just grievances I'm open to cooperating and having a dialogue.  But I won't do negotiations that are just demanding apologies and nerfing for perceived slights that when subject to scrutiny don't really match what the complainers say.

1. The friendship of people at the top hadn't developed in the Martencist era to the degree it did later.

2. There aren't any Nords to get over anything. I'm the last one of that era.

3. It really is so much the final thing, the IRC interactions of the community. The fact that the #CNRP IRC is owned and operated by a banned member who has been consistently casually, cheerfully abusive, having to put up with the nastiness where people are making racist, sexist, or just generally gross comments...And it's not as though my slate is clean; I argued with people and acted the ass on more than one occasion, I'm just not going to reproduce the litany of my sins here. But it's not enough to say "don't bring your home life to work", as the case is here; if you think someone is a terrible person OOC, you don't want to do anything with them IC...Business is always personal. It's also not enough to say "Grow up" "It's just a game/the internet/etc". When you have one person constantly making racial slurs, casual homophobic insults flying around from another, and more filth from a third, why would I want to engage with anyone, OOC or IC?

I really don't have a dog in this fight, but it's gone unsaid too long, at least unsaid by me.

Edit: Also, to be specific, it's hard to take your commentary as weighty when, like has been mentioned before, I get to stare at this:

Convince me why I should bother Triyun? Every day someone has another take on the rules. Every day someone attempts to use a clique to manipulate the rules so that at any point and time something completely implausible becomes plausible with no documentation in order to screw folks over. This is not a creative community, it is a competitive and destructive one. You are master of it with all your pals so its your sandbox. I'll leave you with the sand. I have better toys to play with.

I don't know if this is a trophy to you, but the appearance is that you've been counting coup.

Edited by Margrave

1. The friendship of people at the top hadn't developed in the Martencist era to the degree it did later.

2. There aren't any Nords to get over anything. I'm the last one of that era.

3. It really is so much the final thing, the IRC interactions of the community. The fact that the #CNRP IRC is owned and operated by a banned member who has been consistently casually, cheerfully abusive, having to put up with the nastiness where people are making racist, sexist, or just generally gross comments...And it's not as though my slate is clean; I argued with people and acted the ass on more than one occasion, I'm just not going to reproduce the litany of my sins here. But it's not enough to say "don't bring your home life to work", as the case is here; if you think someone is a terrible person OOC, you don't want to do anything with them IC...Business is always personal. It's also not enough to say "Grow up" "It's just a game/the internet/etc". When you have one person constantly making racial slurs, casual homophobic insults flying around from another, and more filth from a third, why would I want to engage with anyone, OOC or IC?

I really don't have a dog in this fight, but it's gone unsaid too long, at least unsaid by me.

Edit: Also, to be specific, it's hard to take your commentary as weighty when, like has been mentioned before, I get to stare at this:

I don't know if this is a trophy to you, but the appearance is that you've been counting coup.

1.  I don't think that that the first part is true at all.  I know of a lot of very close friendships during the Martenist Era.  Let us not forget that during the Martenist Era, Kaiser Martens was actually given special stats several times the size of his in game nation by his friends.  If that's not a special treatment for a hegemon I do not what is.  They all agreed Lavo got special planes that could dog fight at Mach 3.  That top tier got a lot of 'special' perks.

2.  That's fair but I was speaking more to how they've behaved since power diffused South and East.  Martens, Vince, Drake, and Vektor (though Vektor was better at this) weren't ever shut out, they just didn't get to be this huge force.   They had to share power and they instead just packed up.  That's sort of how I see it tbh.  

3.  I've had my issues with Sargun in the past, we get along pretty well now, but I have to say that he's not that bad relatively speaking, and its not really an impediment for using IRC to the extent that it has been used.  You can use the query function without using #cnrp.  I don't really see how it can be blamed at all.  Its not like #cnrp2 was managed any better.  As far as racist or homophobic remarks, most of that is sarcasm.  Its internet humor, if you don't care for it that's ok, but don't act like its seriously indicative of people actually being racist or homophobic, come on.

As for Mael's commentary, yeah its humorous.  Frankly it is.  The context of that remark if you bothered to learn it was that he demanded to be recognized as a dragon who got to shoot nukes that were 'fire balls' immune to SDI defenses, and when he was made to do an SDI roll he rage quit.  So what?  

1.  I don't think that that the first part is true at all.  I know of a lot of very close friendships during the Martenist Era.  Let us not forget that during the Martenist Era, Kaiser Martens was actually given special stats several times the size of his in game nation by his friends.  If that's not a special treatment for a hegemon I do not what is.  They all agreed Lavo got special planes that could dog fight at Mach 3.  That top tier got a lot of 'special' perks.

2.  That's fair but I was speaking more to how they've behaved since power diffused South and East.  Martens, Vince, Drake, and Vektor (though Vektor was better at this) weren't ever shut out, they just didn't get to be this huge force.   They had to share power and they instead just packed up.  That's sort of how I see it tbh.  

3.  I've had my issues with Sargun in the past, we get along pretty well now, but I have to say that he's not that bad relatively speaking, and its not really an impediment for using IRC to the extent that it has been used.  You can use the query function without using #cnrp.  I don't really see how it can be blamed at all.  Its not like #cnrp2 was managed any better.  As far as racist or homophobic remarks, most of that is sarcasm.  Its internet humor, if you don't care for it that's ok, but don't act like its seriously indicative of people actually being racist or homophobic, come on.

As for Mael's commentary, yeah its humorous.  Frankly it is.  The context of that remark if you bothered to learn it was that he demanded to be recognized as a dragon who got to shoot nukes that were 'fire balls' immune to SDI defenses, and when he was made to do an SDI roll he rage quit.  So what?  

1. I will cede to you the point, as my view of the era was from the bottom, not the upper mid tier.

2. I'll cede this one too, as it's been years and I'm arguing from admittedly poor memory.

3. I'm not advocating or politicking for any of the three "major" roleplays. And you are correct, none of them have been managed "better". I'm also well aware of the query function, as it is how I primarily communicated, and still communicate, for political matters. As for the "humor", much of it comes across as bile. What wasn't was still childish, f you prefer that environment that is your lookout; as I said, I voted with my feet.

3.1 I'm also not excluded from the behavior mentioned above; I partook and later did nothing to discourage it. It doesn't mean I want to continue to be apart of it, or to deal with the petty dramas of the community which tend to play out there.

4. Mael's ridiculous dragon fantasies not withstanding, throwing that quote in everyone's face while making the arguments your making looks like you're negotiating in bad faith. Or would you wear a nationalist neck tie to a meeting with Xi?

Interesting topic. From my years here, it's clear that some people just don't get along. I think the new RPs are a natural reaction to not wanting to RP with other players, and I honestly don't think that's a problem. It gives RPers more choices to choose from when deciding on what they want. I would also challenge the topic title that the reforms have always failed. CNRPA is healthier in terms of activity and membership than CNRP and has been for a while, although activity in general has decreased (for both the roleplay and game itself). 

You say that one of the great things about the RP is that everyone is allowed to roll in, regardless of whether they are well-liked by the community. Frankly, the entire reason I'm here RPing is to have fun, not fulfill some obligation to reach out to every individual that chooses to be spoiled, angry, egotistical, etc. I've seen too much of the vitrol and discontent that this RP and IRC create between players (and trust me as a GM for CNRP2 I saw this from every side). There are different DoE mechanisms for these RPs, and I think each has a purpose and reasoning. 

In regards to CNRP specifically, I'm not going to comment on what could be changed as I haven't had a nation in CNRP for years. Maybe instituting caps would help, but I don't think that will have a real impact on how entrenched the RP currently is (if that's considered a problem). 

CNRPA is not a reform. Reform is working on something existing. CNRPA is as much reform as the CSA was an attempt to reform the US. It's seccession. When I am speaking of reforms, I speak of actual attempts to improve CNRP, not about other RPs, so, yes, up to now reforms generally kind of failed.

Given you defend the barriers to entry based on not wanting to accommodate the more egoistical and spoiled people in the community, I guess you want to tell me that the people that were mainly to be excluded are exactly that. Egoistical and spoiled. And of course, the people in your RP are not. You know, I can kind of agree I don't want to put up with egoistical douchebags who can't even bother to look beyond their blinders and just rage on about how theirs are the sole legit interests to be accommodated, but I deal with it in a manner that doesn't go "I'm too noble for this RP". I've seen a lot of vitriol too, but much more so from people who aren't barred from CNRPA than those left in CNRP.

I cannot force you to join any RP, but please don't just rant about things you don't seem to want to improve either. What I get from your post is a "I don't want to RP with certain people (we all know who they are), so I approve of the way it is currently", which is not only pretty petty, but also kind of non-conductive towards the purpose of the thread.

Like I said Eva, most are content with the status quo who are not in RP1, the ball has always been in Triyun's court. If you genuinely wish to see a revival its on him to put forth a list of changes that he would feel appropriate, and as Margrave said, people will vote with their feet.

There's enough people that ask me how the new RP is doing that I know that some might prefer the status quo, but there are those who'd be up for reformation and potential reunion. And it is because of those I put effort in, because people who mostly just want to stay out are a hopeless case for me anyway.

You can't make people like, respect, or enjoy one another, Eva. There's no incentive for anything but further division and dissolution.

As for me, I'll go wherever I can be New Zealand and left alone.

There's enough people that ask me how the new RP is doing that I know that some might prefer the status quo, but there are those who'd be up for reformation and potential reunion. And it is because of those I put effort in, because people who mostly just want to stay out are a hopeless case for me anyway.

Read what I write and just kindly shut up if you got nothing worthwhile to add. Because I may not make you like anyone, but you are on the best way to make me dislike you.

You want genuine reforms?

1) OOC knowledge of military systems should not provide an IC advantage

2) No multipliers over a certain NS limit, I would even go as far as the IG average, even though I personally will pass that within a few months of rebuilding. 

3) OOC provocations and harassment through IC means should be punished severely(Not that I would expect the current GM team within RP1 to actually ever enforce it against anyone else in the club.)

4) GMs should not have nations, removing any personal bias from the equation, since the entire concept of voting means there is going to be the #hegemon faction, and then everyone else.

5) Total land occupied(Nation holdings and Protectorates), limited to remove any potential of 2(3 if you actually feel that MGL counts) powers controlling 95% of land on the map.

There's a good start, I can think of plenty more if you'd like. :)

I've given you no cause to be deliberately insulting, Eva. If you continue, however, I can assure there will be consequences.

I'm rude, but so are you by being ignorant about the topic and about my posts, throwing in lines that do not contribute at all. I already stated that the people who don't give a damn about reforms need not care about this, given I'm not trying to cater to people where it's a hopeless case. If you want to make this a thread where you get to bitch and whine about Triyun, well, it would be better you just stayed out of the thread. But it is good to know you tell me there'll be consequences because of that...

I presented a small list of reforms, which you will ignore because it's easier to do so, than acknowledge the proverbial elephant in the room, that's the reality that there's two very different mentalities for IC behavior which will remain in conflict whenever they're in the same world together.

Edited by Mogar

1) OOC knowledge of military systems should not provide an IC advantage

No. If you know how to use a gun, you're gonna be better in a gunfight.

2) No multipliers over a certain NS limit, I would even go as far as the IG average, even though I personally will pass that within a few months of rebuilding.

Or you personally could just get better so I don't have to listen to you anymore.

3) OOC provocations and harassment through IC means should be punished severely(Not that I would expect the current GM team within RP1 to actually ever enforce it against anyone else in the club.)

Again, that sounds like a you problem. 

4) GMs should not have nations, removing any personal bias from the equation, since the entire concept of voting means there is going to be the #hegemon faction, and then everyone else.

Good luck finding volunteers to deal with our crap.

5) Total land occupied(Nation holdings and Protectorates), limited to remove any potential of 2(3 if you actually feel that MGL counts) powers controlling 95% of land on the map.

It hasn't been that way for months, even over a year. Frankly, everyone has pretty much backed off the existence of protectorates. Land is now kept as white space for new nations. You'd know that if you took a look at the map.