Soldier Gifting Community Discussion

Beauty

So I am an EZI target and won't be able to really build my nation until something is worked out in game.

Therefore Yerushaylim wanted to donate 100k soldiers for me to use. It will come out of his soldiers count.

A discussion was wanting to be made on this.

So discuss why or why not please.

Seems to prone to cheating to me. I told you I'd speak with Uberstein and Rudy about it and get a decision made, but you got ants in your pants and soured my support for the idea. 

Again, lending troop strength seems like a terrible idea, prone to abuse, and shouldn't be considered.

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

I agree with Tidy. This seem waaaaay open to rampant abuse. If, like, Uber, Ty, FHIC, and Lysergide (hold the laughter, please) loaned me 100k troops each, I'd instantly get an additional 400k that I otherwise wouldn't have raised based on my current IG stats, and thus give me an unfair advantage over the others. Or if, like, Zoot decided to loan me 500k troops out of the sheer love and goodness in his heart, I'd have a massive army that I could use to invade neighbors, thus giving me an unfair advantage over the others, and leading to a massive community revolt that ends CNRP2 as we know it.

tl;dr
troops gifting is bad and lead to massive abuse

Seems to prone to cheating to me. I told you I'd speak with Uberstein and Rudy about it and get a decision made, but you got autistic and soured my support for the idea. 

Again, lending troop strength seems like a terrible idea, prone to abuse, and shouldn't be considered.

You shouldn't let your OOC butt hurt for players determine your GM decisions or base it off anyone's disabilities. I don't know if you meant the Autistic thing as a joke or what, but that's really low.

I think ooc lending is a bad idea. It makes me think of the time Triyun had all those puppets who would just hand control of their stats over during war.

I don't like that memory.

When was that? Also maybe a limit on it? Like a tiered limit on how many you can receive. If under 5k, you get a 200k Limit.

Also if you're support is lending you troops, they also lose troops. It's not like your magically gaining numbers.

Edited by Rotavele

They can simply replenish it through conscription.

I am not sure you understood the OP. They would clearly not be able to "Gift 100k soldiers" and "Conscript 100k" more. There's soldier limits.

If Yeru gives me 100k. His limit drops by 100k. It's gifting, not spawning.

I was under the impression that if you loaned a certain amount of troops to someone, and thus subtracted it from your soldier count, you could conscript the difference to get your initial soldier count back. Like if you can have 500k troops and you loan someone 100k, you could conscript 100k to have 500k troops once again.

But from what you're saying, it seems that the new limit is permanent. This is a great incentive for anyone to loan their soldiers to someone else. Unless I'm wrong.

Edited by JEDCJT

I was under the impression that if you loaned a certain amount of troops to someone, and thus subtracted it from your soldier count, you could purchase the difference to get your initial soldier count back. Like if you can have 500k troops and you loan someone 100k, you could conscript 100k to have 500k troops once again.

But from what you're saying, it seems that the new limit is permanent. This is a great incentive for anyone to loan their soldiers to someone else. Unless I'm wrong.

Agreed, so you're down for it?

I can let you hire troops from the Kingdom as mercenaries under my command. 

That would be gifting. So you support my idea. Glad to hear it.

Agreed, so you're down for it?

That would be gifting. So you support my idea. Glad to hear it.

Nope, I'm against it.

Yeah no, that is you hiring my troops, me sending them to the Ukraine, and me commanding them the entire time they are deployed within your borders for an agreed upon sum of money.

Well, that may have the potential to make for quite a...fun RP.

/evil cackling could be heard in the distance

Edited by JEDCJT

Yeah no, that is you hiring my troops, me sending them to the Ukraine, and me commanding them the entire time they are deployed within your borders for an agreed upon sum of money.

Oh ok didn't know that was legal. I'll just do that with Yeru. Seems like a great way to improve relations between That African Nation and Ukraine.

Nope, I'm against it.

Well, that may have the potential to make for quite a...fun RP.

/evil cackling could be heard in the distance

Please don't troll community discussions. I understand why you're against it and I tried to get someone else to post it instead of me. Anyway's why are you against it if you have a legitimate reason? (Gonna try to give you the benefit of the doubt here)

Edited by Rotavele

I'd much rather we just have a 50k soldier floor and be done with it. It can even be slapped up with the other poll about uncapping soldiers for sub-50k NS nations.

probably the best solution.

If we get enough amens on this thread, I'll merge it with the other vote on troop counts. 

probably the best solution.

If we get enough amens on this thread, I'll merge it with the other vote on troop counts. 

That was suggested that in the first place on IRC.

Im also confused as fuck why you don't support this. You were the one who came up with this idea and Uber asked me to post it -_-

Edited by Rotavele

We could implement a minimum soldier count for everyone. Something in the region of 50-100k men. It would only apply if you were under that minimum count.

Yeah that was the original plan before TBMs gifting idea.

50k men as a minimum soldier count sounds good. However, I'm not sure why we should stop people from, say, placing some of their troops under someone else's command(at least temporarily).

Yeah no, it's just a terrible idea that requires far too much accounting work to keep from being abused. 

50k men as a minimum soldier count sounds good. However, I'm not sure why we should stop people from, say, placing some of their troops under someone else's command(at least temporarily).

I dont think strategic gifting is either realistic or good for the game; now if a nation makes an agreement to host foreign forces thats another matter.

However, joint commands could certainly be possible through structured wargaming. I would not mind being General of a joint task force.