One GM, Seeking Chiropractor

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you all want Triyun who has worked his way to getting the nation he has now to stop being the "Big Bad" and to play nice? Why? Why would he do that? Seriously you want him to change then give him some incentives rather than telling him to do it because you want him to. He has no reason to change at all other than to possibly stop you guys from making constant complaints against him.

Or try a different approach. Send some diplomats to Tianxia and become friendly with Tianxia so that if it decides to rear on its war horse it won't come down on you. 

Edit: Have removed the cry baby remarks as some people were hurt by them.

Edited by Kevin Kingswell

The Problem with this whole argument is that Tianxia's not actually occupying this huge space that would otherwise be occupied by newer players.

The problem is that your actions cause other players to leave the game.

Russia would take the Stans.

We would not. The stans are filthy countries filled with filthy people.

Second, I'm not IRL China.  My Emperor's not even Chinese.  My nation is based on the Mongolian Empire.

You're China. I call you Chinese in all my posts.

In regards to PD and Zephyr, PD openly provoked Tianxia by putting it on an evil list for no reason.

I was not aware that labeling you as the axis of evil was testimount to a declaration of war. Is that why we have troops swarming Iran and North Korea?

So you all want Triyun who has worked his way to getting the nation he has now to stop being the "Big Bad" and to play nice? Why? Why would he do that? Seriously you want him to change then give him some incentives rather than telling him to do it because you want him to.

He should do it because being a dick is a bad idea in a game that depends on you playing with other people. If you're nice to people, more people will want to play with you and you'll have more fun.

Or try a different approach. Send some diplomats to Tianxia and become friendly with Tianxia so that if it decides to rear on its war horse it won't come down on you.

So basically, you just want us to abandon all notions of sovereignty and become Triyun's bitches. Your suggestions are stupid and nobody agrees with your viewpoints.

First, you're in fact saying my size is.  Read up in your own post.  Its not new players who lack land they want, its current players who aren't getting the cities they want because they're not willing to work for it.  There's tons of land for new players including from Tianxia.

Second, I'm not IRL China.  My Emperor's not even Chinese.  My nation is based on the Mongolian Empire.  

Third, I've attacked Cochin, EM, Sumer, many large nations.  I don't look at nation size when choosing who to attack.  If large nations actions provoke wars, then so be it as much as small ones.  The fact is though that older nations also tend to be larger and more mature and thus easier to get along with diplomatically.  If Cent was a 30k nation he'd still conduct himself smarter than a lot of smaller fire crackers.

In regards to PD and Zephyr, PD openly provoked Tianxia by putting it on an evil list for no reason.  I've not hit Iceland at all where he hasn't.   Zephyr went on claiming territory and tried to force a solution, then caught caught when it didn't work his way.  That's way different then even this.  There's no reason to apologize if two people play with fire, but one sucks at it and gets burned as a result.   There's nothing really consistent here in your argument than jealousy.  I'm happy to talk about substance but try evidence rather than blame.

That is a definite fallacy and you know it. I perfectly stated that list of states was private and only my President had a copy of it. Second, you invaded because I made a small internal role play between my President and Secretary of State where the President called Tianxia a childish government because you sent some sarcastic/silly public statement to a nation and he called you out on it - in Private RolePlay. Looking back on it now, what you did was meta gaming sense your justification for war was a private list and your true reason was just to teach me not to talk bad about Tianxia in private RolePlay...

Don't you dare lie about the past. Make up whatever you want now and use excuses, but don't you $@?!%#£ dare lie about then.

I'm not lying PD, it wasn't private.  http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/108126-texas-rosters/?p=2914131

Honestly, this with the Melech thing, shows the old adage proves true (I've been in discussions about Kazakhstan).  You're entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.  Everytime these discussions come up it seems like people are ready to confuse the two, willing to make up whatever in order to get their point across.  You can say what you want about Cent or my reasoning as far as your opinion of it, but its always forthright and provable.

Edited by Triyun

It was private. Wasn't that back in the good old days of subheads? And I'm sure you still have the logs of when you were purposely inflaming me so that you could post it in the court - we had some vivid discussions of the legality of the war then.

By all means continue to do what you like, but it does not make it right.
What we really need? Some damn anti-trust laws to break up some monopolies around here.

I'm done with this thread I hate these things. Try to be productive and it just turns into a &$% storm of useless mumbles. There needs to be reform. I tried, someone else please try. The status quo sucks and we all know it.

Edited by PresidentDavid

It was private. Wasn't that back in the good old days of subheads? And I'm sure you still have the logs of when you were purposely inflaming me so that you could post it in the court - we had some vivid discussions of the legality of the war then.

By all means continue to do what you like, but it does not make it right.
What we really need? Some damn anti-trust laws to break up some monopolies around here.

I'm done with this thread I hate these things. Try to be productive and it just turns into a &$% storm of useless mumbles. There needs to be reform. I tried, someone else please try. The status quo sucks and we all know it.

You labeled the post I linked as a news post, which is the one I linked.  Beyond that the accusations of cultural genocide in the part above also was pretty damn public when you said the President told reporters that.  In addition what does purposefully inflaming you have anything to do with rules or the GM Court?  IC actions would be what the wars based on, not how mad someone was on IRC.

Others are putting forth solutions too, but the problem is that you just haven't shown a IC/OOC issue.  I think the only legit OOC issue which isn't so much rules people have highlighted is people don't know how to quite respond to an opening blitz, hence why I provided the guide earlier this week.  Additionally I think Cent and I have both sad we're willing to have a completely firm wall, but people don't want to do that because they want to be able to make OOC requests on IRC for IC stuff.

You labeled the post I linked as a news post, which is the one I linked.  Beyond that the accusations of cultural genocide in the part above also was pretty damn public when you said the President told reporters that.  In addition what does purposefully inflaming you have anything to do with rules or the GM Court?  IC actions would be what the wars based on, not how mad someone was on IRC.

Others are putting forth solutions too, but the problem is that you just haven't shown a IC/OOC issue.  I think the only legit OOC issue which isn't so much rules people have highlighted is people don't know how to quite respond to an opening blitz, hence why I provided the guide earlier this week.  Additionally I think Cent and I have both sad we're willing to have a completely firm wall, but people don't want to do that because they want to be able to make OOC requests on IRC for IC stuff.

That first paragraph was a beautiful unity of incohesive sentences, bravo. I don't really understand what you were saying, but when I get back to the United States and I don't have to post on the forums via my phone I will put forth an effort to show that the list was private between the President and Secretary of State or VP I can't remember.

But maybe I am wrong?... Then good job invading a sovereign nation 1/40 the size of yours militarily and 1.7% the size of yours population wise. That right there, is the definition of bullying, at least you mostly don't do that anymore.

Happy Easter.

I hate these threads. They are mostly just senseless outlets over whatever frustrations people hold, justified and unjustified. And it is harsh to watch people coming up with the idea that the GMs are spineless, when in fact most of the community is. You complain about how awful CNRP is, how the cooperation between Cent and Triyun kills all others, how they are unrealistic for committing to a system that is mutually profitable to them. How about people for once try to make up a coalition to balance them? But wait, that fails horribly everytime again, because the lot of complaining smaller fry rather bandwagons on every other war, than to for once risk something to protect any rights they could have. Not exactly Triyun's fault that we are morally bancrupt.

Fine if you want to be insulting, but you said something was a news post and you said your President spoke to Reporters.  Neither is private.  The second point is provoking someone on IRC has nothing to do with war.  

I also agree with Eva.  A lot of when I was in the opposition was on fractioning coalitions and behaving more cohesive than the other stronger group was.  People never really do that.  You can love or hate Tianxia, but can anyone seriously think if Tianxia has your back as a smaller nation you could get $%&@ed or left behind?  Can you say the same thing about others?

Edited by Triyun

Fine if you want to be insulting, but you said something was a news post and you said your President spoke to Reporters.  Neither is private.  The second point is provoking someone on IRC has nothing to do with war.  

I also agree with Eva.  A lot of when I was in the opposition was on fractioning coalitions and behaving more cohesive than the other stronger group was.  People never really do that.  You can love or hate Tianxia, but can anyone seriously think if Tianxia has your back as a smaller nation you could get $%&@ed or left behind?  Can you say the same thing about others?

Tianxia had Ireland's back.... It sure worked out well for them - until a blade was stuck through their spine. Edited by PresidentDavid

The most anyone can point to me giving ikfht any advice is OOC queries.  If OOC queries can't count for bad, they can't count for good either.  Again pick one or the other.

That said considering it I have a proposal:

Make a mentor system available to newbies.  If newbies need better help navigating, make it easier for them to get advice from people.  I would suggest the people mentoring them should be Cent or Shammy, unless they're hot in which case me or Justits, give people advise on how to navigate the system and think about problems, learn the ropes, plan forces etc.  It sounds like a lot of the problem is people feel they aren't stat outmatched but have little knowledge and trouble navigating things.  This can help solve it without more rules or bitterness.

Make a mentor system available to newbies.  If newbies need better help navigating, make it easier for them to get advice from people.  I would suggest the people mentoring them should be Cent or Shammy, unless they're hot in which case me or Justits, give people advise on how to navigate the system and think about problems, learn the ropes, plan forces etc.  It sounds like a lot of the problem is people feel they aren't stat outmatched but have little knowledge and trouble navigating things.  This can help solve it without more rules or bitterness.

Apart from the parts I see as less serious (are they a joke. You know, I can't tell), I think mentoring would be a good thing. While it isn't hard to get advice already now, I think, we should give people more pointers whom to consult. I for my part have told people in queries to ask Triyun, Shammy or Kankou (back when she was active) for advice, but I'd think if it'd be recommended on a broader scale and if Shammy'd say he's fine with advising newbies, that'd help a bit (also because I'd feel bad to send masses of people to single individuals). It's mostly for people to learn how to plan the military and how to conduct a sensible diplomacy, as to not get attacked in the first place.

The most anyone can point to me giving ikfht any advice is OOC queries.  If OOC queries can't count for bad, they can't count for good either.  Again pick one or the other.

That said considering it I have a proposal:

Make a mentor system available to newbies.  If newbies need better help navigating, make it easier for them to get advice from people.  I would suggest the people mentoring them should be Cent or Shammy, unless they're hot in which case me or Justits, give people advise on how to navigate the system and think about problems, learn the ropes, plan forces etc.  It sounds like a lot of the problem is people feel they aren't stat outmatched but have little knowledge and trouble navigating things.  This can help solve it without more rules or bitterness.

I have remained silent on this post for quite a while in order for the community to hopefully come to some sort of conclusion. In reference to Triyun's "proposal" I personally asked almost every member of CNRP for advise on one thing or another (including Triyun and Cent). After I RR from Paraguay as Ireland Triyun agreed to "guide" me on several matter pertaining to running a CNRP nation... and look where it got me.

I have remained silent on this post for quite a while in order for the community to hopefully come to some sort of conclusion. In reference to Triyun's "proposal" I personally asked almost every member of CNRP for advise on one thing or another (including Triyun and Cent). After I RR from Paraguay as Ireland Triyun agreed to "guide" me on several matter pertaining to running a CNRP nation... and look where it got me.

I wouldn't say my advice was bad.

Also, I just noticed, your name is lkfht. I always wrote lkhft. May I ask what prompted such an unpronouncable name?

I wouldn't say my advice was bad.

Also, I just noticed, your name is lkfht. I always wrote lkhft. May I ask what prompted such an unpronouncable name?

Never said yours was Eva. And my name is just random letters from back in the day. :P

Melech, the reason the map was originally made is because people were tired of having to figure who owned what when we fought wars. It was annoying to have three people all claim to own Moscow and have any real semblance of war. It added more complication, more arguments. If you want to go play without the map, fine go. Nobody is forcing you to stay in CNRP.

I'm last of anybody who remains against evils of the formalized cartography!

Having people with overlapping territory is a balance against insane hegemony.

Because work goes into characters. It sucks to have people you've put character development into, and it doesn't really suck with nameless nobodies get killed.

That is why I have really been too lazy to develop any characters recently.

Too much effort for people who inevitably will be ganked.

That is why I have really been too lazy to develop any characters recently.

Too much effort for people who inevitably will be ganked.

Or they become martyrs of the nation, having died in the struggle for national independence against the foreign oppressors. Their glory and fame shall live on forever in the hearts of all citizens and a special day shall be established to commemorate their existence.

Or they become martyrs of the nation, having died in the struggle for national independence against the foreign oppressors. Their glory and fame shall live on forever in the hearts of all citizens and a special day shall be established to commemorate their existence.

if any civilians are allowed to exist :>