Invicta Announcement

Ellis

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1322591561' post='2855939']
Ok then, Arrnea is out of power and that's all good and well. But why the downgrade to a protectorate, then?
[/quote]

Well, it's sort of an upgrade, as it is now mandatory defense of SOS by Invicta, however, SOS is at a size and in a shape that is more asking for protectorates, not MDoAP's. I guess it may be upgraded, as soon as SOS recovered to some size again.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1322594445' post='2855992']
Well, it's sort of an upgrade, as it is now mandatory defense of SOS by Invicta, however, SOS is at a size and in a shape that is more asking for protectorates, not MDoAP's. I guess it may be upgraded, as soon as SOS recovered to some size again.
[/quote]

Hmm.

Fair enough then.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1322560905' post='2855751']
I still think it would have been better to leave the name and history that SOS carries with it [b]and start afresh like Boat Alliance did[/b].

But as long as Arrnea stays away from you merry bunch I'm confident you can set course for something else that conflict, at least that's what I hope.

For me personally any grudges I had with SOS are gone especially now Arrnea is gone. I wish you the best in repairing your alliance and hope we don't get in each other's hair anymore.

Good luck.
[/quote]
Tbqh, I think Nice Boats isn't a good example of an alliance "Starting afresh" If you've seen how sad but somewhat hilarious it's concept is. (This gif sums it up nicely)

http://i.imgur.com/d5gYz.gif

[quote name='Imperial Patricia' timestamp='1322598292' post='2856031']
Tbqh, I think Nice Boats isn't a good example of an alliance "Starting afresh" If you've seen how sad but somewhat hilarious it's concept is. (This gif sums it up nicely)

[/quote]

That is moderately humorous (your gif).

Being said, I think he purely meant getting rid of the name SOS. It has a pretty bad connotation. You could honestly reform as another Haruhi based alliance with a different name and you wouldn't have the stigma of SOS Brigade following you around, though you still would be ridiculed for being lolanime.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1322599681' post='2856051']

Being said, I think he purely meant getting rid of the name SOS. It has a pretty bad connotation. You could honestly reform as another Haruhi based alliance with a different name and you wouldn't have the stigma of SOS Brigade following you around, though you still would be ridiculed for being lolanime.
[/quote]
Thank Jens, not me.

Also, you have a point, but as you said before, there isn't much justification for people to hate SOS with the previous senior staff and Arrnea gone.

Edited by Imperial Patricia

[/quote]
Nice gif :P

So what is talk of NBA doing in an invicta announcement.

Edited by Jens of the desert

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1322599681' post='2856051']

[/quote]
I think, being lolanime can be endurable. It draws out trolls, but at least not a curbstomp. Also, I'd rather pick another anime-theme, than another Haruhi theme, if I were to reform the alliance.

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1322600884' post='2856069']
I think, being lolanime can be endurable. It draws out trolls, but at least not a curbstomp. Also, I'd rather pick another anime-theme, than another Haruhi theme, if I were to reform the alliance.
[/quote]

I didn't say you couldn't, I was just trying to explain arexes's point better (or at least my interpretation of it).

[quote name='Evangeline Anovilis' timestamp='1322594445' post='2855992']
[/quote]

Exactly this. Thanks for answering that for me. :)

[/quote]

Now, now Imperial Patricia. Play nice with the boys and girls over at NiceB. We don't want another flame war between SOS and an SOS fork.

The public does not want another logdump of that scale. Just let it go, and we can all do more important things, like reclaim your own alliance name.

Run along now. ^-^

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1322560905' post='2855751']
I still think it would have been better to leave the name and history that SOS carries with it and start afresh like Boat Alliance did.

But as long as Arrnea stays away from you merry bunch I'm confident you can set course for something else that conflict, at least that's what I hope.

For me personally any grudges I had with SOS are gone especially now Arrnea is gone. I wish you the best in repairing your alliance and hope we don't get in each other's hair anymore.

Good luck.
[/quote]

Very classy Arexes.
+999

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1322610019' post='2856165']
I didn't say you couldn't, I was just trying to explain arexes's point better (or at least my interpretation of it).
[/quote]
Well, I see your point, but I'm still hoping that they manage to cleanse the name. For most people that were in SOS, the name has more connotations than just Arrnea and they may not want to give those up. I think SOS is aware that it'll be hard, but I wouldn't give up hope for SOS to get cleared of it's worst reputation, if they act properly.

[quote name='Redezra' timestamp='1322631717' post='2856578']
Now, now Imperial Patricia. Play nice with the boys and girls over at NiceB. We don't want another flame war between SOS and an SOS fork.

The public does not want another logdump of that scale. Just let it go, and we can all do more important things, like reclaim your own alliance name.

Run along now. ^-^
[/quote]
Well, I don't think anyone wants that. I think NBA will get the reputation it deserves anyway. Though, Myrrh is not acting much better than any other former SOS Brigade Chief.