An Ordo Paradoxia Announcement

the wompus

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1318913908' post='2827669']
This also just furthers my previous points about TPC avoiding any type of decent fight until the end of the round. If you declaring on these three isn't just a war to get LE off your backs for a while, then I don't know what is. Heh, guess that'll be the end of that, as this isn't even their DoW.
[/quote]

Last I checked you weren't privy to any internal discussions in my gov, and obviously decided long ago that it was acceptable to make comments about the actions of other alliances without anything more than a viewpoint from 35,000 feet. Clearly, nothing I can say will change that but know this:

TPC is [u][i][b]not[/b][/i][/u] afraid of any one nation or alliance in this game, period. We do not care about hugging infra, we do not care about saving tech and we are not afraid of a tough fight. If you haven't seen our body of work against all the alliances we have battled in the past, I suggest you take good long look again.

[quote name='Owney OSullivan' timestamp='1318914357' post='2827685']
TPC declared on Syn or GDA or both? I don't see a DoW.
[/quote]

We were going to declare on Synergy, GDA and Catharsis. To their credit, OP had a two minute jump on us. I did not post a DoW (which I pre-write now because of the flak I take for not posting one before update) because once two alliances declared on the same target it would have been moot to do so.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1318914548' post='2827689']
No DoW posted yet, as I'm sure they're going to try to work something out. TPC declared on both of them and Catharsis.

And this war situation is described perfectly right here:
[/quote]
Once I saw the double declares, I moved to fix things in my alliance first, then on IRC (where my other members were), then here.

As for that quote, you got us. I will happily accept suggestions about what TPC's war declaration ranges should be for a blitz. If you didn't know, I'm new at this war thingy and I have [u]absolutely[/u] no idea how to be efficient in allocating targets.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1318916267' post='2827721']
As of this time (or within the time it takes me to PM our nations), we will not attack any more Syn or GDA nations. But if we are countered, we will respond.

And as soon as we can get this worked out (re: after sleeping for a while), all will be good!
[/quote]

Is this a first? Replying to myself?

Well anyway, OP's PM's sent....

[quote]From: CowboyTx Date: 10/18/2011 12:50:32 AM

Subject: HEADS UP!!!

http://z6.invisionfree.com/ParadoxTE/index.php?showtopic=2973&view=findpost&p=2743411

Thanks!

Cowboy[/quote]

And (that thread)....

[quote]No more attacks for now. We have to figure out where we go from here.

If you are attacked, fight back.

But no new attacks.[/quote]

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1318917299' post='2827737']
Do you actually have a TE nation?

If so, put it in your bio stuff. It is kind of required. :P
[/quote]

And you can tell how often I come over here. Seriously, if I wanted a running catalog of my stuffs, I'd just create a LinkedIn profile... *grumbles as goes to update profile*

[quote name='Duke Albert' timestamp='1318918503' post='2827757']
Just let's get this resolved at some point. I need to rebuild my infra wall so that I can break somebody's cruise missiles with it. :awesome:
[/quote]

Just go back to sleep.

Someone will wake you up when they are ready. :lol1:

Edited by Thomasj_tx

I wake up to 44 messages and this is whats happened?! A lot of this could have been solved by attacking someone your own size rather that declaring on multiple smaller alliances, but that's just a pet peeve of mine. Oh well, time to sort this out I guess.

[quote name='Dre4mwe4ver' timestamp='1318917286' post='2827736']
I have a complaint to file: Why is "Synergy" written in grey?

Otherwise, o/ OP. Y'all got the drop on me! :D nice
[/quote]

I like to put the AA's team color in there.

I know Syn is black, but with the blue of OP and GDA, it didn't look right with the rest of the body of the DoW.

It meant nothing really.

At least it's not a complaint about a stormtrooper taking a dump.

[quote name='sippyjuice' timestamp='1318934999' post='2827858']
I wake up to 44 messages and this is whats happened?! A lot of this could have been solved by attacking someone your own size rather that declaring on multiple smaller alliances, but that's just a pet peeve of mine. Oh well, time to sort this out I guess.
[/quote]

got to agree here ,when the bigger alliances hit 3 smaller alliances,it leaves us smaller guys with limited targets .......pick on someone your own size :P

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1318917422' post='2827741']
Last I checked you weren't privy to any internal discussions in my gov, and obviously decided long ago that it was acceptable to make comments about the actions of other alliances without anything more than a viewpoint from 35,000 feet. Clearly, nothing I can say will change that but know this:

TPC is [u][i][b]not[/b][/i][/u] afraid of any one nation or alliance in this game, period. We do not care about hugging infra, we do not care about saving tech and we are not afraid of a tough fight. If you haven't seen our body of work against all the alliances we have battled in the past, I suggest you take good long look again. [/quote]

I don't need to be privy to internal discussions to see what you guys did. And not hugging infra? Really, that's why you guys went to LE for wargames, and after they refused, you hit smaller AA's. That wasn't to avoid them or anything, I'm sure. :rolleyes: Everyone can see a war getting coming between you and LE. It's very much like the situation RE and PS were in earlier in the round, where no one else matched up even remotely to the other AA.

Oh, and I have seen your wars. I continually comment on how pathetic they have been, and every war you declare further proves that. Opportunist describes you guys perfectly. You either down declare on guys, or take shots at guys just coming out of wars. You don't take any risks in putting your AA out there until there are 12 or so days left in the round. Prove me wrong.

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1318917422' post='2827741']As for that quote, you got us. I will happily accept suggestions about what TPC's war declaration ranges should be for a blitz. If you didn't know, I'm new at this war thingy and I have [u]absolutely[/u] no idea how to be efficient in allocating targets.[/quote]

That quote just further shows how you guys fight. There are AA's you could have hit where your nations would be going against comparable nations, but instead you decided to fight guys where your nations were 7K NS higher than the person.. in the blitz. "Efficient" is one term, I suppose. Hugging infra and being cowardly are others..

Just for the record, and with no editorializing, the following are the pre-war stats for the two wars.

[quote][b]OP's War:[/b]

Syn/GDA
NS - 278,326
ANS - 7,731
Nukes - 54
Nations - 36

OP
NS - 254,486
ANS - 7,271
Nukes - 40
Nations - 35

Syn/GDA
10k+ NS - 13
7 k to 10k - 7
3k to 7k - 10
less than 3k - 6

OP
10k+ NS - 5
7 k to 10k - 13
3k to 7k - 15
less than 3k - 2[/quote]

[quote][b]TPC's War:[/b]

Syn/GDA/Cat
NS - 381,961
ANS - 7,957
Nukes - 104
Nations - 48

TPC
NS - 362,226
ANS - 10,061
Nukes - 122
Nations - 36

Syn/GDA/Cat
10k+ NS - 17
7 k to 10k - 10
3k to 7k - 14
less than 3k - 7

TPC
10k+ NS - 19
7 k to 10k - 3
3k to 7k - 10
less than 3k - 4[/quote]

[quote name='sippyjuice' timestamp='1318934999' post='2827858']
A lot of this could have been solved by attacking someone your own size rather that declaring on multiple smaller alliances, but that's just a pet peeve of mine.
[/quote]

I certainly appreciate why that might bother you and I hope you can understand that if larger AAs did as you suggested we'd just end up fighting the same people over and over again. IMO it's always good to meet and fight new people whenever you can to keep this stale game as fresh as possible. Synergy posted on the OWF that they expected to be at war soon, GDA and Catharsis has had no war yet this round so we thought it would be fun for all involved to have a little battle.

I am not surprised OP and TPC ended up going after the same targets - we just fought each other and have been out of war for the same amount of days, we have similar nation counts and although we clearly rebuilt to a higher level faster then they did we would still be attracted to the same types of limited target options. They were smaller, they chose 2 AAs, we were bigger and chose 3 AAs. We also planned to add those whoppers in Catseye but they scurried off to hide somewhere. <_<

I don't think any larger AA is looking for a huge down declare or an easy war when they choose to group smaller AAs together into a target group. I would hope you can appreciate it's hard to keep things interesting and the common targets OP and TPC chose had good nuke counts, MPs and SDIs, many nations had high tech levels and all should have had solid war chests. I know our addition of Catharsis's 50+ nukes, additional MPs and extra 100K NS was an attempt to give the enemy a real chance to fight a solid war - all it would take is good activity levels and some coordination to hit with good counters and make a fun fight for all.

Personally speaking, I am sorry this mix up happened but if either AA had got off a clean declare the wars would rage on, this "mistake" was limited to one blitz. I know TPC didn't want this, I am confident OP didn't want it either. Poop occurs.

Some have suggested our declare was an attempt to avoid LE, this simply is not true. I am sure OP or TPC "could" have hit LE, I am sure all AAs involved would rebuild and have fun for the rest of the round after an entertaining fight. Why either of us chose not to hit LE or other target options, why PS chose Anon over LE last week, or why any AA declares any war over another is simply a matter of AAs choosing their own path IMO.

I have seen some criticize LE recently as well and I would never presume to know why LE, OP, PS or any AA chooses to play the game as they see fit. I try not to judge others, I believe all AAs deserve that level of respect, us included.

Sorry for the damage, good luck with the rest of the round everyone! Time to end this so someone can complain about the wall of text. :lol1:

Not to argue the fine details to death Thomas but OP was at roughly 250K on the 16th, we were around 350K. On the 17th the charts show the numbers were 366K TPC and 290K OP. I know we kept adding NS after update, looks like OP did not. Maybe you were using different days when you pulled out both AAs numbers? Easy enough to check and confirm, the charts are there for anyone to see. I know we grew bigger since our last war, that's why we added an extra AA to our target group. ;)

As I posted above, I think both AAs were looking for a fun fight.

Wired summed it up well.

I think it is time to move on.

Best of luck to everyone as we pass the mid point of the round.

now on to more important things...Sippyjuice, you are a Georgia fan? :wub:

Edited by King James XVIII

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1318951612' post='2827936']
that's why you guys went to LE for wargames, and after they refused, you hit smaller AA's. That wasn't to avoid them or anything, I'm sure. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

So let me get this right - you say we went to LE and asked them for a fight and that somehow helps prove your point that we're trying to avoid them?? Got logic? :blink:

I suggest you slow down and try to focus, people with rage issues tend to lack attentiveness and sound reasoning. Deep breathes might help, give it a try, if not I am sure you'd easily be prescribed some quality meds. :lol1:

As James says, time to move on...good luck and have fun - the round's half over!

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1318953647' post='2827952']
Just for the record, and with no editorializing, the following are the pre-war stats for the two wars.
[/quote]

want to complain so badly but can find nothing to complain about this time round, curse you OP, you win this one <_<

[quote name='Wired' timestamp='1318957474' post='2827976']
So let me get this right - you say we went to LE and asked them for a fight and that somehow helps prove your point that we're trying to avoid them?? Got logic? :blink:
[/quote]

Wargames have been used in the past to avoid all out wars

Well this is certainly a mess to say at the least.

[quote name='Mark8240' timestamp='1318915571' post='2827709']
Good for you one of my syn guys was at 3000 infra is 11 days inactive and has 25M on him. wtf.
[/quote]

Note how it says in his nation bios he's going to be gone until the 20th, he's on a family vacation. Glad you overlooked that one.

[quote name='Wired' timestamp='1318953844' post='2827953']
I am not surprised OP and TPC ended up going after the same targets - we just fought each other and have been out of war for the same amount of days, we have similar nation counts and although we clearly rebuilt to a higher level faster then they did we would still be attracted to the same types of limited target options. They were smaller, they chose 2 AAs, we were bigger and chose 3 AAs. [b]We also planned to add those whoppers in Catseye but they scurried off to hide somewhere. <_< [/b]
[/quote]

Well, we had discussed a few targets over the past few days and we then came up with Catharsis, Murphy's Law and Cats Eye. I then went to go post the vote for the DoW and was gathering the links to each alliance pages statistics I had then noticed Cats Eye was gone (as stated in the bolded part) to which I even looked around in any AA to see where they went and couldn't find them. :/ We were also having ideas of hitting OP as one or hitting Catharsis and GDA as one but that one was cast aside because we didn't want to hit an AA full of trainies (GDA) or hit OP because they were already in 2 wars prior to this.

So now we have to go through another decision on who to fight! Ugh :wacko: I suppose its limited now so it should be decided sooner then later :awesome:

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1318961877' post='2828018']
Note how it says in his nation bios he's going to be gone until the 20th, he's on a family vacation. Glad you overlooked that one.
[/quote]
I dint over look nothing. I get being 11 days inactive im just not sure how he was at 3K infra and had 25M on hand 11 days ago. 11 days ago I probably wasn't even back to peak infra (which was half of 3K) from our war with TPC.

Edited by Mark8240

[quote name='Wired' timestamp='1318957474' post='2827976']

I suggest you slow down and try to focus, people with rage issues tend to lack attentiveness and sound reasoning. Deep breathes might help, give it a try, if not I am sure you'd easily be prescribed some quality meds. :lol1:

As James says, time to move on...good luck and have fun - the round's half over!
[/quote]
I realize you're a little new, so I'm not going to hold it against you, but like Laz said, war games and nuclear war are quite different. TPC is well known for requesting non-nuclear wars to not take as much damage. So, yes, declaring on other AA's to avoid getting beat down by LE is logical. Can't take a full blown war against LE? Declare on smaller AA's to avoid them..

Edited by bcortell

It's nice to see that the TPC-OP war is finally being properly recognized as a curbstomp. How dare TPC fight against somebody who was so thoroughly outclassed?

Oh. Well then, what [i]did[/i] you mean, bcortell?

Edit: Note sarcasm. Well, except I'm totally serious in calling bcortell a mouth-breathing idiot.

Edited by Einer

I can't help but laugh when matt and I were assigned a target a fair amount bigger than us(sippyjuice, who before the blitz was over 9k compared to mine and matt's roughly 7k) and the TPC guy who attacked is now sitting at 16+k. Someone was saying something about TPC down-declaring? Seems like a prime example of how both alliances handle business, right there.

Also sippy, you seem to be frustrated by this war after reading your post, but perhaps if your alliance fought a war or two this round this wouldn't have happened. Just saying. You really should have all had good WC's too, since you had 44 days of pure growth..

Edited by Owney OSullivan

[quote name='Mark8240' timestamp='1318963073' post='2828033']
I dint over look nothing. I get being 11 days inactive im just not sure how he was at 3K infra and had 25M on hand 11 days ago. 11 days ago I probably wasn't even back to peak infra (which was half of 3K) from our war with TPC.
[/quote]

I was 3k 10 days ago, its not impossible at all. He clearly was growing very well before he left. Again, hitting someone who [i]clearly[/i] has RL obligations and respectfully asked people to be fair sports men, was something overlooked.

[quote name='Owney OSullivan' timestamp='1318967215' post='2828077']
I can't help but laugh when matt and I were assigned a target a fair amount bigger than us(sippyjuice, who before the blitz was over 9k compared to mine and matt's roughly 7k) and the TPC guy who attacked is now sitting at 16+k. Someone was saying something about TPC down-declaring? Seems like a prime example of how both alliances handle business, right there.

Also sippy, you seem to be frustrated by this war after reading your post, but perhaps if your alliance fought a war or two this round this wouldn't have happened. Just saying. You really should have all had good WC's too, since you had 44 days of pure growth..
[/quote]

Well, this was a discussion last round and a few rounds ago. GDA is a training AA for its newer members in SE. Just because they have never warred, doesn't mean they have large warchests. WAPA made that critical mistake a few rounds ago. This was the reason why we chose not to attack them because it would give us an unfair advantage. Also, I can't speak for Sippy's growth, but I can give a pretty fair assessment on the rest of their AA.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1318969168' post='2828096']
I was 3k 10 days ago, its not impossible at all. He clearly was growing very well before he left. Again, hitting someone who [i]clearly[/i] has RL obligations and respectfully asked people to be fair sports men, was something overlooked.
[/quote]

He was going to be back in 2 days, right in the middle of the war. He was already huge and well equipped and whould have come back to a HUGE back collection. If we left him untouched, he would have countered against three of our nations and laid them to waste. We were not going to let that happen.

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1318970211' post='2828118']
He was going to be back in 2 days, right in the middle of the war. He was already huge and well equipped and whould have come back to a HUGE back collection. If we left him untouched, he would have countered against three of our nations and laid them to waste. We were not going to let that happen.
[/quote]
That is the reason he was hit, plain and simple.