World War Sign Ups

Triyun

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1318254821' post='2822176']
Special privileges should not exist in CNRP.
Perhaps a ruling on third party intervention in closed conflicts is in order?
[/quote]

Generalissimo you have already given yourself special privileges. In your Generalissiomo's great escape you told everyone that they can't kill Generalissimo well that is a special privilege.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1318255500' post='2822184']Generalissimo you have already given yourself special privileges. In your Generalissiomo's great escape you told everyone that they can't kill Generalissimo well that is a special privilege.[/quote]Author's rights in a non-combat thread but [b]War[/b] threads are something completely different.

Edited by Generalissimo

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1318252311' post='2822137']
You aren't joining, author's rights are a !@#$%*, aren't they?
[/quote]
Except that the author in question seems to not have responded yet. We'll see how our Triyun responds, then go from there~

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1318255582' post='2822186']
Author's rights in a non-combat thread but [b]War[/b] threads are something completely different.
[/quote]

I have to disagree there. Whether a thread is combat or not combat as long as it is canon it is a CNRP thread and as such if we people choose to intervene in a closed war thread and allowed then others can do the same in a non-combat thread. Simple as that really.

This was never masked. Its always been ruled you can make a closed War RP hence why there were sign ups. In this case I was quite explicit to those I was attacking whom I would and would not let in before I attacked, they agreed. So still no.

[quote name='Generalissimo' timestamp='1318255582' post='2822186']
Author's rights in a non-combat thread but [b]War[/b] threads are something completely different.
[/quote]

We can't even rule on the matter, it's a moderation rule on the RP forums which specifically state that the author of a thread in one of the two ic forums has the right to request a lock, make a thread closed and have posts in violation removed.

Yeah pretty much the goal of this thread is to actually have fun in a major war. Martens, Cent, Shammy, Vektor, and I all have talked about it a lot and we enjoy conventional wars that are of a huge scale. This seemed the best way for us to have one.

For us that means having two relatively even sides, with an initial rapid aggressor advance followed by a stalemate, followed by whatever happens. Certain people frankly have been less than enjoyable in previous wars hence they are left out. As for the rest we left the roster open a long time, if they didn't sign up, that is really too bad for them. You gotta close it a some point.

I'm adding math because I want this to be total war. That means major sized units.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1318094598' post='2820915']Your standing forces are your standing army. Your efficiency multiplier are your conscription modifier. My modifier for example is 5.12. So I have 6, 712, 000 soldiers for my conscripted army and 1.32 million for my standing forces. In other words... this is going to be a !@#$@#$ huge conventional war more like the first and second world wars rather than a desert storm sized fight. [/quote]
I actually like this scale. Maybe we can use it for regular CNRP.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1318094598' post='2820915']For Navy my proposals are the following:

No carrier multiplier
Battleships: x 1.5
Cruisers: x2
Destroyers: x3
Frigates: x4
Corvettes: Full Squadrons (12 ships)
Submarines: x2 your current multiplied level[/quote]
A little twanking might make this suitable for regular CNRP.

Edited by Kankou