World War Sign Ups

Triyun

I'd like to propose a closed RP major war among players. This great war conflict will be based on the following rules:

1) Aliens will have disabled all of Earth's nuclear weapons in the conflict
2) No side gets completely annihilated
3) Conscription shall be allowed based on mobilization tables decided on once we get some participants.

The UFE is obviously in this fight. We'll work on a scenario once we have enough people who have signed up.

Side 1: 'Aggressor Team'

1) United Federation of the East
2) Continental Empire of Dalmatia
3) Mascurian Siberia
4) Athens

Side 2: 'Defender Team'

1) Australia
2) Sumatra
3) Germany
4) France
5) ???

Edited by Triyun

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1317955130' post='2819250']
Is this planned, or a high-risk no-holds-barred to-the-death battle royal?
[/quote]

For most others, a medium risk no holds bar battle to the broken rib.

For you I got a special arsenal of thermobarics to carpet bomb with. :wub:

Edited by Triyun

Put me down as a swing nation, meaning I'll participate by starting out as neutral, but through various diplomatic machinations I'll get involved.

Prolly just go in on someone like Dipster to give him a good fight without feeling the need to win it.

I'm feeling teacher like lately and all.

Perhaps a UFE terrorist cell can hide in your nations interior prompting an invasion?

Sides:
UFE and Mascurian Siberia

Other Side:
Germany (maybe a viking army)
whatever your called now
Jesbro
Dipster's nation?

My proposal for conscription is base it on soldier efficiency levels.

I'm down with the German side.. looking like a Europe Vs Asia confrontation. Damn this sounds like fun. Bout time we started organizing something like this.

Conscription based on Soldier efficiency sounds like a great idea, even if it won't really benefit me because there's no way I'm doing barracks and gcs for a cnrp war. Come on, lets kick this people. This rp needs a little more testosterone to it. Get it in gear.

Try to get the sides somewhat balanced and not end the war in a week... slug fest.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

I would side with wherever my neighbors are, considering my nation's stance. Perhaps there is a place for an active neutral? Or I could fight in a more asymmetrical format? I'm sure there are plenty of options, wars are seldom if ever black and white.

Can we also limit missile spam? I know I'm not the best example in this regard, but would just make it a bit more fun.

I would like to be an aggressor too anyhow. Perhaps I'll invade the rest of the Balearics.

Also, can we pretend every soldier, tank and plane etc is equal no matter how technologically advanced they are?

I'm the United Republic of Akdeniz now by the way.

Edited by King Timmy

Too bad we aren't capping tech across the board. The war between Germany and Austria was actually somewhat entertaining because of said cap.

Could these ET things mess with missiles over a certain number? Like if you mass launch more than so many missiles the ETs will screw with their internal navigation gizmos and they'll all hit New Jersy.

(hey.. just looking to improve the place... sheesh.)

[quote name='King Timmy' timestamp='1317978836' post='2819576']
Can we also limit missile spam? I know I'm not the best example in this regard, but would just make it a bit more fun.

I would like to be an aggressor too anyhow. Perhaps I'll invade the rest of the Balearics.

Also, can we pretend every soldier, tank and plane etc is equal no matter how technologically advanced they are?

I'm the United Republic of Akdeniz now by the way.
[/quote]

Eh intensive use of missiles is a valid tactic in modern war and as such can hardly be excluded, as far as all technology being equal that is quite silly as they simply aren't.

Anyway sounds like a good rp, Triyun I'll talk to you first in private about what the best course of action for Athens would be.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1317989827' post='2819628']
Eh intensive use of missiles is a valid tactic in modern war and as such can hardly be excluded, as far as all technology being equal that is quite silly as they simply aren't.

Anyway sounds like a good rp, Triyun I'll talk to you first in private about what the best course of action for Athens would be.
[/quote]
I was just asking! :V You know, trying to make it more equal and interesting and what not :P

Missile spam has little to do with equality. In fact if used correctly it favors the defender. It is simply the method of delivering kills on a target. 60 years ago if this game existed (omitting the fact of lack of internet), we'd be complaining of artillery shell spam, or 600 years ago arrow spam.