Starting a Micro-Alliance?

King Wally

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1303425914' post='2695914']
Microalliances are immoral, don't do it.
[/quote]

I've actually decided to turn this idea into a light hearted TE mode alliance. Nothing to "serious"... just some fun where I can muck around with it without the level of commitment a SE mode alliance brings.

Common sense wins again! ... unlike Hoo's mounted bear warriors who are being eaten by their mounts at the rate of hundreds a day :v:

Do you enjoy crying?

Long nights of loneliness in an empty IRC chan while the big dogs move and shake the world about you?

How about pulling your hair out while trying to convince that 14 year old Taiwanese boy who barely speaks broken english to stop attacking some country in your ally's alliance just because it's named Republic of China?

What about the creeping sensation that all your big alliance friends buddying up to you have, what can only be described as, 'cannibalistic lust' in their communcations with you?

Are you comfortable that amongst both friends and enemies there is probably a pool over your disbandment? Along with the greedy joy should that happen.

Hey, some people love that stuff. Just make sure you do.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1303430312' post='2695988']

What about the creeping sensation that all your big alliance friends buddying up to you have, what can only be described as, 'cannibalistic lust' in their communcations with you?

[/quote]

So that's why you guys and BTO were talking. I see how it is!

You got most of the useful stuff already, I am just going to throw in a few points:

The nice thing about being a micro is no one expects very much from you. If your goal isn't to grow into a larger alliance, you can slack off on that FA/IRC time a lot. :P

You said you enjoy being in Rok, which is a decent sized AA. If that is true you probably WON'T enjoy being a micro, since they rarely get as heavily involved in the play as larger alliances do. You will usually have very few treaties, and you won't be shaking the pillars of heaven any time soon. A few have made a mark on the larger stage, but those are exceptions, not the rule.

Trying it out in TE sounds like a good plan indeed. B-)

Having a government position in a real alliance rather than leading a micro-alliance is going to give you more influence on a grand scale, plus you're most likely not going to be sinking time away into an alliance that will most likely fail unless you can retain active members and can maintain an active FA presence. Overall, I just don't think it's worth it.

But it seems like you've already changed your mind on this idea. Good, but alas - people will still continue to make micros, micros that will fail / be absorbed by their protectorate, and the lifecycle continues.

King Wally, here is my advice.

Do not make an alliance for the sake of making an alliance. If you make an alliance, it should be because you have a clear set of objectives in mind for what you want to accomplish with your alliance that you could not accomplish by joining a more established alliance. You should be different in some way than every other alliance out there. You should at the end of the day have your own alliance culture, your own feel, your own way of doing things that is different from everyone else. And the only valid reason to make an alliance, is because you WANT to do things in this different way, because you think it will be more fun.

It will take a lot of work to successfully create an alliance. The amount of work it would take to make a successful, active alliance in the top 40 could probably buy you a very nice car, if you do it all yourself. And unless you have a *highly* dedicated band of friends, you will have to do most of the work yourself, and be the hardest worker in your alliance. Those of us who have done it know that it can be very rewarding, but the amount of work required is enormous, and probably not worth it in a declining world. However, if you wanted to make something smaller, perhaps to attack other micro alliances, that would be a lot more doable and take a lot less effort.

My advice is to decide what you want to accomplish, and come up with a realistic plan for what you'd need to do it. If you can achieve your goals, then go for it. If you can't, then devote your energy to other things.

[quote name='Homeboy' timestamp='1303503171' post='2696935']
Things you need

-Time
-10 to 15 bank nations
-Knowledge of the game

The rest writes itself, if you build it they shall come.

We at TPE started with 14 and 200k and we grew by our own will and power
[/quote]
Don't encourage him; we have enough mircoalliances. <_<

Also, I feel like you started with more than 200k ns.

Wally, you can't leave us. :(

I've mad a few micro alliances in the past... for example Infinity, Magna Europa and look at the heights they got to. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img] Also, trust me they're no fun. You find yourself spending more time than you would like to, but only doing boring things.