Something to Chew Over...

zzzptm

[i]Man... I shouldn't have had all those onions at lunch... I need to freshen up, or my three o'clock with my security council is gonna be ferocious... where's my spearmint?[/i]

An aide bolted into Zzzptm's office. "Sir! Llonach just declared war on us!"

[i]What timing...[/i] "OK, I kind of expected that."

"Sir?"

"Well, we could have gone into peace mode yesterday, but the Congress voted in a closed session to not activate the PeaceMode 5000. We wanted to draw out Haflinger and his nation. We knew he couldn't resist Himynamistan."

"With all due respect, sir, I don't think he'd just be singling us out."

"You're new here, right?" The aide nodded. "Look, there's this thing called history, and Haflinger and my predecessor have some. I got to inherit that history. Let me ask you this, did our signals team pick up a lot of gum-related propaganda from Llonach?"

"Er, now that you mention it... yeah."

"Right. That's history. Speaking of gum, I've got some terrible halitosis. You wouldn't happen to have a stick of gum on ya?"

"I got some breath mints."

"Figures. We're all out of bubblegum..."

[center]***

[font="Impact"][size="7"]OFFICIAL MESSAGE FROM ZZZPTM NEZAHUALCOYOTL
FIRST SPEAKER OF HIMYNAMISTAN[/size][/font][/center]

Well, we're all free to make our choices, but we're not free to choose the consequences that go with them. I made some choices two years ago, and this war between Llonach and Himynamistan is a consequence of that choice. Hoka hey, it is a good day to die! Let the war come!

Keep it clean, Haflinger. No nuking below the belt, no rabbit punches with the cruise missiles, and when you're driving your tanks into Himynamistan towns, be sure to yield right-of-way to pedestrians. We do allow right turns on red, by the way.

The other Invictans I fought did so with great bravery and pluck in spite of all their wars, and I expect no less from you. Much blood shall be shed between us, and the God of War shall rejoice as we embrace death.

[center]***

[i]To Huizilopochtli

Huitzilopochtli, the warrior,
He who acts on high
Follows his own path...
O marvellous dweller among the clouds...
O dweller in the region of the frozen wings....
He causes the walls of fire to fall down
Where the feathers are gathered.
Thus he wages war
And subdues the peoples...
Eager for war, the Flaming One descends,
He rages where the whirling dust arises.
Come to our aid!
There is war, there is burning.
Those Llonachi are our enemies![/i]

Hoka Hey, Men of Llonach!
We already dress as Xipe Totec for the harvest of your soldiers!
Tezcatlipoca guides us today and his sun shall burn in your cities, laying them waste!
Tremble not, for heaven belongs to the brave![/center]

[center][img]http://www.zzzptm.com/proof/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/nvbw600.jpg[/img][/center]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Owned-You' date='14 February 2010 - 12:20 PM' timestamp='1266178822' post='2181133']
Maybe this will end the constant flashbacks and crying about events from 2 years ago from Haflinger. Maybe.
[/quote]

Indeed, creating a public thread about the issue will surely resolve the it.

Edited by kulomascovia

The nation of Himynamistan respectfully yields the nuclear right-of-way to the gentleman from FOK that has OVER NINE THOUSAND tech. Sometimes a meme isn't a meme.

In related news, I spied away one of his nukes! I did, I did! Now if my SDI can just block 26 in a row, I won't get nuked today!

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='14 February 2010 - 11:23 PM' timestamp='1266211383' post='2182301']
Indeed, creating a public thread about the issue will surely resolve the it.
[/quote]

This thread isn't to resolve anything. Zzzptm has long-moved on, and NV has stopped placing value on his actions in the bubble-gum war a year ago. To resolve something would imply there is something present on both ends of this, there isn't. This thread is to simply make a mockery of Haflinger, for directly bringing it up in his war declaration. If anything, hopefully Haflinger gets all his anger out now; as it's a pest to have him constantly popping up about this 2 year old thing that most people don't know nor care about.

[quote name='Owned-You' date='15 February 2010 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1266279062' post='2183672']
This thread isn't to resolve anything. Zzzptm has long-moved on, and NV has stopped placing value on his actions in the bubble-gum war a year ago. To resolve something would imply there is something present on both ends of this, there isn't. This thread is to simply make a mockery of Haflinger, for directly bringing it up in his war declaration. If anything, hopefully Haflinger gets all his anger out now; as it's a pest to have him constantly popping up about this 2 year old thing that most people don't know nor care about.
[/quote]

Actually, we of Himynamistan don't wish to mock Haflinger or the nation of Llonach. But, yes, putting this baby to bed will be a good thing for one and all. Himynamistan will likely lose around 2000 more infrastructure from this particular conflict. Llonach will also take some heavy losses from its other wars, so this war of revenge will come with a cost.

And, unfortunately, my SDI did not stop 26 in a row... it pooted out after 1, so I ate a nuke. All told, it was quite nice. Very high quality nuke, would recommend to my friends.

Owned-You appears to think my actions are based in anger.

They're not. I'm fighting for justice. It's wrong that someone should be able to betray literally hundreds of nations who all trusted him - and walk off scot free.

That said, wanna post war reports here zzzptm?

[quote name='Haflinger' date='15 February 2010 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1266294770' post='2184464']

They're not. I'm fighting for justice. It's wrong that someone should be able to betray literally hundreds of nations who all trusted him - and walk off scot free.

[/quote]

Might as well...

So far, my SDI has halted 5 nukes of yours and let 3 through. Those nukes, plus CMs, bombings, and successful ground attacks, have ripped up around 1400 of my infras. Since I'm not nuking you, I won't have totals like that.

On the plus side, both your ground attacks on me were failures today, while both of mine were smashing successes. On the minus side, both of my air attacks failed today - the first one lost 68(!) fighters. What's up with that? ARE YOU USING LEVEL NINE PLANES?

[quote name='Believland' date='17 February 2010 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1266463816' post='2188732']
You cannot have a bubble gum thread without Schatt! I demand that he must be invited! Also, BDC was one of the better alliances on black and Schatt is just a beast.
[/quote]
BDC were to CDT what Echelon was to BLEU.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='18 February 2010 - 01:02 AM' timestamp='1266472932' post='2189023']
That's not nice at all. tsk tsk tsk
[/quote]
If my feelings about BDC were "nice," I probably wouldn't be enjoying myself as much as Hizzy would if he was nuking caffine.

Hey, say what you want about me, but BDC were some magnificent guys to work with. BDC didn't betray the CDT: I'm the only one from that crew that did that.

Also, my bombers got through today. Did a nice job... as did both of my ground attacks. The Llonachi soldiers fared poorly against mine: 2 failed ground attacks from them.

After I bought some level nine planes, you had a failed bomber mission. MAN LEVEL NINE PLANES RULE.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' date='18 February 2010 - 06:37 PM' timestamp='1266539824' post='2190664']
You guys should get your webcams out and have a dance-off between battle reports.
[/quote]

That is pure genius.

Our first entry is our former head of state doing a bhangra number:

[img]http://www.outlookindia.com/images/glitteart_amitabh_abhishek_iifa_20070625.jpg[/img]

Naachenge, yaar! (Translation: Dance, dude!)

[quote name='zzzptm' date='14 February 2010 - 01:15 PM' timestamp='1266174903' post='2181033']
"Figures. We're all out of bubblegum..."
[/quote]
Hahaha, talk about a blast from the past. This made me smile.

Have fun you two.

-Bama

[quote name='Haflinger' date='16 February 2010 - 04:32 AM' timestamp='1266294770' post='2184464']

[/quote]

We all think its out of anger. As for Zzzptm getting off scot free I would like to know how he managed to do so. Didn't he get ZI'd and been basically forced to sit in the shadows of whatever alliance allowed him to join? I'm sorry but he lived with it long enough so give him a break.

Give him hell Zzzptm

Is Dawny out of Peace mode yet?

[quote name='Left_Behind' date='18 February 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1266554651' post='2191468']
We all think its out of anger. As for Zzzptm getting off scot free I would like to know how he managed to do so. Didn't he get ZI'd and been basically forced to sit in the shadows of whatever alliance allowed him to join? I'm sorry but he lived with it long enough so give him a break.

Give him hell Zzzptm

Is Dawny out of Peace mode yet?
[/quote]

No, I did not get a ZI. I objected to that practice in 2008 when it was commonplace. I did hang back in NV for a very long time.

Now back to war reports...

Looks like I got to Llonach after it had been nuked, but not before its forces had been replenished. I sent in 2000 soldiers for two very successful ground attacks and a good time was had by all. He had few level nine planes remaining, so I feared greatly that he'd have an underdog advantage on my air armada. Thankfully, the bombers got through and we celebrated with a Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat. Cruise missiles went well and we had another Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat.

Then we got a letter in the mail.

Registered.

Certified.

Hand-delivered.

Inside the letter was a citation for littering from the nation of Llonach, coupled with a set of 8x10 color glossy photographs with circles and arrows on 'em and a paragraph on the back explaining each one.

Apparently, one of our bomber crews lost its head while delivering high explosive implements of destruction and tossed a soda can out the window.

That was unacceptable.

We put the entire air force on notice and the payment for the fine will come out of the Air Force budget. They will have to face the consequences if they're gonna fly recklessly like that.

After the war, we will send Llonach $75 in fines plus $25 in court costs. We of Himynamistan are proud warriors, not litterbugs.

Now, back to the dance:

[img]http://www.perfecttravelblog.com/bollywood_dance2.jpg[/img]

[quote name='zzzptm' date='19 February 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1266583653' post='2191919']
No, I did not get a ZI. I objected to that practice in 2008 when it was commonplace. I did hang back in NV for a very long time.

[img]http://www.perfecttravelblog.com/bollywood_dance2.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

All the same you dealt with it long enough. Losing Infra is one thing but being judged for one action is a shame.

I was expecting to see the full Monty.

[quote name='Left_Behind' date='18 February 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1266554651' post='2191468']
We all think its out of anger. As for Zzzptm getting off scot free I would like to know how he managed to do so. [b]Didn't he get ZI'd[/b][/quote]
No, he never got attacked because of Bubblegum War, never mind ZIed. He went straight to peace mode and we got told Nueva Vida was protecting him before he came out, and we basically got dared to attack him anyway.

In other news, it was mostly a bad day for the Llonach military against Himynamistan as we continue to restock our nuclear supply, but our intelligence services did enjoy some success, and the millions that went missing from the Himynamistan treasury should more than cover the fines for littering. :)