Best Resources Set

Professional

I heard different things about the "best resource set" in the game but which one is the best really? I wanna rearrange my trades so I wanna know what to shoot for. Oh and also plz tell me why one would be better than the other. I mean there is like one set that gives you max infra upkeep/cost reduction, other gives max pop/happiness and etc. What's better? :unsure:

I don't think there's a definite "best" resource set. But a personal favorite of mine is the agricultural set: Construction, Beer, Fish, and Fast Food. It gives a lot of citizens and some decent infra cost reductions/+ happiness. More people and money, meaning more when you collect taxes. And then you got the infra cost reductions, meaning more money to spend on cheapened infrastructure. But that's just my opinion. ;)

Some things, you just gotta personally find out for yourself.

industrial set? its the one with beer,automobiles,scholars,radiation cleanup, construction, asphalt,microchips,steel.

Incorrect. That set is a secondary to the real "industrial" set.

Set 1: [Aluminum] [iron] [Lumber] [Fish] [Wheat] [Water] [Marble] [sugar] [Cattle] [Pigs] [spices] [Gems]

Bonus: (Fast Food)(Beer)(Construction)

Set 2: [Aluminum] [iron] [Lumber] [Fish] [Wheat] [Water] [Marble] [sugar] [Cattle] [Rubber] [Coal] [Oil]

Bonus: (Steel)(Automobiles)(Construction)(Asphalt)(Beer)

Set 3: [Aluminum] [iron] [Lumber] [Fish] [Wheat] [Water] [Marble] [Gold] [Coal] [Rubber] [Lead] [Oil]

Bonus: (Steel)(Automobiles)(Construction)(Asphalt)(Beer)(Microchips)(Radiation Cleanup)(Scholars)

Unless you're left with no other choice, #1 or #2 here are the only options to consider for proper nation growth. In a lot of cases, a hybrid of #1 is often better than the 8 bonus build, simply for the massive population gain. Population is king, followed by the infra reducers, of which the big four are iron, marble, aluminum and lumber.

It depends on how large your nation is and how much foreign aid you recieve from your alliance. If your getting a lot of foreign aid packages use an industrial set up. When your nation gets large enough switch to an agricultural setup.

population isnt king? are you out of your mind? proffesional at your age youll only get around 80 people but industrial reduces forever, so dont get these crappy ''Population booms'' when you can reduce infrastructure which is the heart of your nation

ROFL more income/population is way better than the slight discounts that asphalt, coal and rubber give you. Population is the silver bullet of this game, nothing is more important. Remember population also gives you more improvements too and that alone makes it worth it.

ROFL more income/population is way better than the slight discounts that asphalt, coal and rubber give you. Population is the silver bullet of this game, nothing is more important. Remember population also gives you more improvements too and that alone makes it worth it.

In a war, the infra set pays your bills.

You can go back on foreth on this all day in a few situations the industrial set is better, especially if you do alot of tech deals as a young nation. However, overall the agricultural set is slightly better. When I put the numbers into my nation a few months back i found that i could buy something like .7 more inf per day with the agriculutral setup then with industrial. I have rubber as a natural resource so i use industrial but really the difference between the two is very small. One makes more money but everything costs more one makes less but everything costs less the purchasing power for both is very close.

-Veritas

You can go back on foreth on this all day in a few situations the industrial set is better, especially if you do alot of tech deals as a young nation. However, overall the agricultural set is slightly better. When I put the numbers into my nation a few months back i found that i could buy something like .7 more inf per day with the agriculutral setup then with industrial. I have rubber as a natural resource so i use industrial but really the difference between the two is very small. One makes more money but everything costs more one makes less but everything costs less the purchasing power for both is very close.

-Veritas

This guy right here knows how to build a nation. :)

The thing is, the difference between the 5 bonus and 3 bonus builds are not that much. The population difference isn't that much, and neither is the infra difference. It's a trade-off, that's all. If you jump onto the 8 bonus build, however, you lose a TON of population boosts, for basically zero infra gains.

Overall, there's no reason to claim the 5 bonus or 3 bonus are better than the other. They're both perfectly viable options and can be considered equal in most cases. Whichever one is easier for you to maintain is the best choice.

In a war, the infra set pays your bills.

With the population set you able to do one thing far earlier in your nations growth than the other:

Swap peacelike improvements out with war like. Labor camps does more to pay the bills than the industry set ever will with -50% infrastructure upkeep. Missile Defence and Satelites gives you a distinct advantage over nations who don't have them.

Then what's your take on nations who have uranium as a native resource. They are at a disadvantage then aren't they.

Uranium ain't that bad really, it all depends on what your other resourse is. Like say you went for the 3 bonus set then Uranium would be as good as gems. And unlike the other guy you won't have to swap a trade for nukes. I see you have gold which isn't the best thing to pair up with uranium but its workable.

Indeed. I have a Uranium trade that's coming up on a year old. Uranium isn't as bad as most people think it is, although, in the case of trades, that's really a difference of semantics for those with the resource. If nobody trades for it, it doesn't matter whether or not they should.

I currently have the agricultural set.

I need to run some numbers to verify but I beleive that as my military gets larger and my number of nukes increases it will be more beneficial to swap gems for lead.

Lead + Lumber gives scholars, which is +3 income.

Gems give +1.5 income and +2.5 happiness for 6.5 AGI

That's 3.5 AGI more than scholars.

So, if I'm saving more than 3.5 * pop * .28 with my military upkeep then all is well...

I use industrial and I have sugar. I also have 8k infra and when i ran the math sugar was still better than pigs you can always test it for yourself though. People will say different things like population is most important or happiness is more important the fact is everything in this game can be proven with math. 500 people making 10 dollars a day or 50 people making 100 dollars a day it doesn't make a difference just plug the numbers and see what will give you the most money.

-Veritas

P.S. There is something to be said for being able to purchase improvements quicker but play well and you can max out all improvements in a few months.