Dragon Empire: The Imperial Congress and its daily actions.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kingdom of Cochin hereby gives notice of secession from the Dragon Empire. The reasons for the secession are :

1) The War against Tahoe was declared without consulting Dragon Empire Imperial Congress or the Kingdom of Cochin.

2) We have reasons to believe that this current war is due to unsettled hostilities from the Dragonisian nuclear attacks on Tahoe at an earlier date. The Kingdom does not wish to be the sacrificial shield protecting Dragonisia from the consequences of its mistakes.

3) We have found askance in certain policies of Dragon Empire such as Eurasian Pact and NASTY Treaty.

The decision to terminate our association has also been influenced by several policy actions which dates to the formative days of the Empire, which we regretfully decline to disclose.

Kingdom of Cochin had initiated several diplomatic meetings to ascertain possibilities of a negotiated peace or truce, which was however not forthcoming. It was then that we were made aware of this history.

It is in fact the continuation of that old war.

Tidus just shook his head. "All those years of good will between our states and you're just going to drop us like a rock when we were attacked? If anyone has resumed the old war it is Tahoe. This is an entirely new set of incidents. If your secession is a final decision, Cochin, then I may as well go ahead and sign the surrender papers and let the Imperialists into Asia."

"To your points... the war was declared because we were attacked. It has been understood that if any of us are attacked that we are bound by treaty, with or without a vote, to defend each other. See the charter."

"To your second point. Dragonisia has never possessed nukes to attack Tahoe with nuclear weapons." ooc: I've never owned a Manhattan project or I'd still have it.

"As for the third, you too voted for those treaties and approved them yourself. If you thought we were wrong in them or that we had made some policy error you should have voted no."

"I can't believe Cochin has fallen so easily to such propaganda. I guess our blood, shed in conflict by each others' sides, was thin as water to you."

ooc: Note to self, never be on the road for a couple days in the middle of a war; every single one of your allies save a handful will defect.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex