WTF is wrong with 2018?!?

Do you ever stop and just think about how strange the times are that we live in?  Here are some strange things happening in 2018:

We get to live in an era where an NFL team seems to win every big game if they are down late,  they always seem to have some crazy penalties break their way, or some deflated balls have a lucky bounce.  I mean even the refs celebrate with them!!!!  I’m not saying they cheat but….  Tom Brady can suck a fat one.  

oTxKZuzMSu3J-bqrEuZLwFmIvh8ZhrAZAlcePJzm6o0P7I5iJaCH38xT7DyVSgRsjzGRRcZS2T87CGltlIjye7CgcF2iUIUFoPXkS5COWU-puol1AUrcRgc9bH6rMmougwoFyDFE

The American political parties of the Democrats and Republicans hate each other so much that they would rather shut down the government and put people out of work (who they claim to care about) rather than compromise and find a solution. I mean, even HG and Bajor dont hate each other that much!!!!  

NVnWnAw5N5_LiXckjaaOA2-FmnyAtM8MYBqbHv6_s71QfFlLGY9JIrV-_4sg1ypUhXzAznQkavlH_ZiTTAjPS7PehQKMjGjNcr9LI3yHYgGIrPjmeJ_zOx280SkU0MSYaNN8rv6s

And then there is the tide pod challenge… I mean WTF is seriously wrong with people?!?  Who comes up with the idea to eat a tide pod! The is a fricken warning on the box!!!  Idiots willing to risk death for likes on their social media?  I would say no offense to anyone on planet Steve whos done the tide pod challenge, but I'd be lying if i said that.  Ya’ll are effing idiots.  I would eat all the cheese in the world before I would put a tide pod in my mouth!  

nn3FVtWkwazNej8lricdAChhhWx96w0ZJhgQb4KeOuDeYcZaSRBD-TWG0kBe6_31sZsdRh09p8eFe9t69vkmArKgO_5tVGqxPr3uZM6VOsszeyIg6bje8JGKRP0tLivVoh4v40P4

And speaking of eating… IRON is a very important part of everyone's diet, and it has come to our attention that the New League of Nations have a low level of IRON in their blood.  So for their health, IRON hereby declares war on NloN and will send them some much needed care packages of IRON rich Nukes they can eat.

fpueEp03JkKPD65ydSwyP5pWsNYMG-sV-AyWeNqj8uj8cE-4O5CA460rbLps6psqcz7aIJbjfdA_bGQNUH6oheVpJEvBQH7YzRBOHS9fIjgtFg5DHNgHcsLbImj-BeP3N1xGdLE5

Signed:

XBwY52BT4ezL3D4tVGfFuYI40s0z4lT0_RxkZMemG_SiWUXZPyfe1HLYwUGbpuNM2SdY5sC53bvkPL2cjDR4a4AIkqZEZMrdLRdluSW3mzKK0FjKTj2-oyU5C9SqFhZM5oNBWf78

xfSqMoAaUfL5Y_4PxF8VJ319hNX4potEOnC5FYU68leH3quD9y7NiDlvItbgoVsVJDkvvH4QhUYeDksLpNqjaecqNKOzElpL3l17KMvFhWn0tKsroODStbRM9d_pItBX3R_w-hcV

rsJY0TliJGzUZEdQ5hSqNfOxgsGu85VudYmJfgywuXVz_JFNWkatk6P60SpZ6ZKqADw67g8rfB14e0zLHzrCG4j3mky3vco1kZPutGs_l_9-ve1JYhxBzLSC4bJ4fpqOzwNKUun7

Talus :wub:  lol

Iron with stats and blitz advantage against Nlon. <_< Oh well good luck to both sides but I am disappointed Iron couldn't wait for us. -_- It'd have been good to get at least one war this round.                                                                                 

Edited by HiredGun

With all due respect this is one ridiculous declaration of war. The stats are really horrible and you could have done better than that Iron. Come on. 

Anyway the forum dow is at least nice. 

When fighting NLON its always one sided....and maybe considered making the ones not fighting pending....

I don't know, just think adding in someone small wouldn't  have made me think so low of it.

AL

18 hours ago, Sister Midnight said:

Not for nothing, but most of out players are inactive for various reasons.  I would not be shocked if they do more damage than us.

I guess that's the determining factor, if those nations remain inactive then it's not a one sided war, which hey you guys can't take too much crap for the dow because every alliance has been accused of one sided wars numerous times in the past. But ya if the inactives suddenly spring to life very uneven....

7 hours ago, malakarlian said:

I guess that's the determining factor, if those nations remain inactive then it's not a one sided war, which hey you guys can't take too much crap for the dow because every alliance has been accused of one sided wars numerous times in the past. But ya if the inactives suddenly spring to life very uneven....

Considering they are still in anarchy from our wars like two weeks ago, I don't think we have to worry about that happening lol

18 hours ago, Samwise said:

That's the thing though. Y'all are assuming that 100% of NLoN is active. I'd be willing to bet that they're not. Honestly, who doesn't have inactives?

Good call. So I went ahead and searched for NLoN wars where IRON lost no infrastructure or where there was no war at all.

NLoN Inactives:

screed from eastcoast - no wars, 14,741 NS  2,844 infra 231 tech

LukeDiamondKing from Dixie - no wars, 14,987 NS  2,717 infra 303 tech

However, I also noticed that NLoN had a nation that suddenly built up on the 27th, Erytria - 20,339 NS 4,170 infra 1,020 tech. I don't believe Brewer's stats included this nation and he's definitely fighting, so I'll add him into the stats too.

Updated matchup:

IRON: 320,436 NS  53,668 Infra  6,415 Tech [7.6% infra advantage]

NloN: 321,323 NS  49,860 Infra  8,995 Tech [0.3% NS advantage, 40% tech advantage]

I don't think that looks like an unfair fight at all. Now, Erytria popping into existence and then declaring on two of our inactives on the other hand... 

Update #2:

It seems that Dixie is not so inactive after all. Just declared on one of our guys on this last day of war. I remember someone being concerned about inactives suddenly becoming active and then skewing the stats. Not wanting to ignore those concerns, here is another stats update including the back-from-the-dead Dixie:

IRON: 320,436 NS  53,668 Infra  6,415 Tech [2.1% infra advantage]

NloN: 336,310 NS  52,577 Infra  9,298 Tech [5.0% NS advantage, 45% tech advantage]

Yeah yeah, I know that a guy suddenly showing up on the last day of war should only contribute 20% toward the stats. I just wanted to reiterate that the war was evenly matched as far as stats go.

War is over at update tonight. We'll post stats sometime after that.

I'm still trying to figure Tableau out, so some math is required to interpret these tables. Still, this is faster than going through and summing each nation's war screen.

IPEdob6.png

To get totals, you need to sum the diagonals. In other words:

IRON NS Lost = 47,459 + 64,319 = 111,778

NLON NS Lost = 133,165 + 11,198 = 144,363 [+29%]

9 hours ago, Vianor said:

Yeah. A nice war. We won.

Since you reminded me that I needed to post this, I went ahead and made one for you too Vianor :)

CR4yz6p.png

Articali NS Lost = 17,443

IRON NS Lost = 22,027 [+26%]

Would be pretty evenly matched if not for the uncontested 5K you got from killing our inactive. None-the-less, good war and good luck rebuilding ;)