Political side of cyber nations

Talkinsomesense

It really depends more on the character of those that sign them than the words on paper, and the new trend to avoid the words whether mostly or entirely is just a recognition of that.

I dont sign 'M' level treaties - I see them as problematic from a sovereignty point of view. But if I sign a treaty with someone, regardless of how the treaty is classified, it's a relationship I take seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, the sanction race has barely anything to do with politics. There's a reason its in the OOC forum. 

Here's what I think of the web in my mind:

thicker lines mean stronger bond and a circle is a sphere/bloc means most likely they will all roll together

x1MABii.png

This is incomplete. You're missing all of DS's treaties, TIO's treaties with NATO and R&R, you presume Argent and LoSS will roll with NPO (which obviously happened last war), and I think there's some other stuff too.

Oh, and I didn't see tJL or Kashmir either. ;)

This is incomplete. You're missing all of DS's treaties, TIO's treaties with NATO and R&R, you presume Argent and LoSS will roll with NPO (which obviously happened last war), and I think there's some other stuff too.

Oh, and I didn't see tJL or Kashmir either. ;)

It's not exactly a treaty web (at least that was not my intention), it is more of a who rolls with whom web* .. DSs treaties are all redundant with DBDC. Kashmir has no treaties. tJL is a reactionary alliance that will roll with its allies (or Kashmir) no matter what and therefore irrelevant for these purposes. Also with TIO out of US, I don't see 'em rolling with RnR/NATO. Argent rolls with AI who most likely rolls with NPO. 

* = Assuming no direct hit on an ally that forces them to go elsewhere. 

Edited by Unknown Smurf

Argent rolls with AI who most likely rolls with NPO. 

Seems legit. I for one wish it was I who told our other treaty partners of our mass treaty cancellations.

(Edit: Completely revised upon attaining more conversational context)

Edited by James Spanier

• 3 weeks later...

If the only way you can get your ally to do something is to force them to via a piece of paper, then you've got some issues. Regardless, we will defend our allies as needed, whether mutual, or optional.