A few announcements from Solis

solisflipp.png

Solis, The City of the Sun

So a few things have changed in our City of the Sun, our name, government as well as some minor edits to the charter Our friends from GUN have also decided to join our Utopian society.

So first off GUN (Golden Union of Nations) has decided to join the ranks of Solis, the gates of Utopia have allowed more to join our blessed city.

Secondly, we are no longer "Civitas Solis" we decided just "Solis" sounds better.

Third thing on the agenda is our new government, its as follows:

Dominus - James Maximus
Imperator - vandelsand

Princeps of Mor (FA) -  Combat Pope
Princeps of Pon (War) - Rainblesser (Britishdude)
Princeps of Xin (IA) - Thunderpelt
Princeps of Fis (Econ) - cjunqun

And last but not least, the charter, we made a few changes.
[spoiler]

solisflipp.png

Charter of Solis

I. Preamble
a. Solis is founded on the principles of devotion, integrity, and candor. Solis' purpose is to provide a community that’s members’ burn with so great a love for their alliance, as scarcely been viewed as possible. In doing so the alliance intends to foster a government committed to a duty of excellence, a membership full of ambition and competence, and a spirit of charity toward all.

II. Admissions
a. Solis accepts applications from any nation interested in joining. The interested nation must not be a member of any other alliance and must abide by the codes and conducts outlined by this charter. The interested nation must meet the following criteria:
1) The applicant must not be in any wars.
2) The applicant must be on the yellow team.
3) The applicant must be willing to answer questions during the application process.
4) The applicant must be willing to partake in an academy program as defined by the government of Solis.
b. Exceptions to any of the above may be granted depending on individual circumstances.

III. Government Structure
a. The government hierarchy of Solis shall be as follows:
1) The Dominus
2) The Imperator
3) The Princeps

IV. The Dominus
a. The Dominus is the final and ultimate authority of Solis.
b. The Dominus has the power to make and execute all decisions of alliance affairs
c. Any powers not explicitly listed in this charter are given to The Dominus.
d. The Dominus holds his/her position for life, or until resignation. The next Dominus is designated by the outgoing Dominus.
e. The Dominus can only be removed from power by a three/fourths vote from The Princeps.
f. Should The Dominus go inactive for a period of ten days all powers will be delegated to The Imperator. Should The Dominus remain inactive for thirty days The Princeps will determine the new Dominus.

V. The Imperator
a. The Imperator is second in command of Solis.
b. When the Dominus is away (as defined in IV. f.)power is left with the Imperator.
c. The Imperator is the head of the Princeps and is in charge of watching over them.

VI. The Princeps
a. Each Princeps is in charge of a specific area of alliance affairs as outlined:
1) The Princeps of Mor is the official representative of Solis to the outside world. The Princeps of Mor is tasked with appointing and managing ambassadors and envoys, and works in conjunction with The Dominus and Imperator in negotiating and drafting treaties.
2) The Princeps of Pon is the protector of the alliance, and is the highest authority in the military chain of command. The Princeps of Pon allocates and organizes members in military service as needed.
3) The Princeps of Fis is the primary manager of the economical situation of the alliance. Tech deals, trade circles, and management of slot usages etc fall under the umbrella of the economy of Solis.
4) The Princeps of Xin is the primary manager of day to day affairs. Admission, recruitment, and all things concerning the internal workings of the alliance fall under his or her domain.
b. The Princeps have the ability to appoint their own staff and advisers to help them with specific matters.
c. The Dominus can promote and/or demote a Princeps if deemed necessary.

VII. The Membership
a. The Membership will be defined as any individual who has applied for and been accepted into Solis without a following resignation or effective removal from the alliance.
b. Members are expected to be respectful to each other and show honor, integrity, and respect to those outside of the alliance.
c. Every member of Solis is entitled to his/her opinion and may freely express it in alliance discussions.

VIII. Alliance Procedures
a. Treaties will be approved with the approval of The Dominus and 3/5ths of the Imperator and Princeps.
b. War may be authorized with the approval of The Dominus if the war is an obligation of a previously signed treaty. Under any other circumstances war may only be authorized with approval of The Dominus and 4/5ths of the Imperator and The Princeps.
c. Amendments to this charter may be made with approval of The Dominus and 3/5ths of the Imperator and Princeps.

IX. Alliance Policies
a. Tech Raiding is authorized by Solis under the following conditions:
1) The target is either unaligned or in an alliance consisting of fewer than five nations.
2) The target is not on the yellow team.
3) The raiding party ceases all attacks when asked to do so by the target.
4) The raiding party acknowledges all risks associated with raiding and accepts sole responsibility.
b. If a member consistently acts in a way that is detrimental to the alliance The Dominus may expel that member from the alliance. Once the said nation is expelled, all ties to that nation will be cut, and the nation is free to join any alliance it so chooses.
c. Any member is free to leave Solis whenever they so choose with no animosity or ill will whatsoever. In the event a member wishes to leave Solis, she/he is to message a member of government with a reason. If the member owes Solis or any of its member’s money or technology, the exiting member is expected to pay the money/technology back in a timely fashion.
d. In the event of a victorious war Solis will not demand reparations from a defensive party nor will we inflict terms that infringe upon the sovereign rights of another alliance. In the event of a defeat Solis will not accept terms that infringe upon our sovereignty including but not limited to, the cancellation of treaties, banning of members or the changing of any internal workings of the alliance. This article may not be amended in war time.
e. Solis recognizes its commitment to fulfill its obligation of creating the best environment for its members. If any member is unhappy or discontent with the direction of Solis they are free to address the government and the ruling body at any time. Solis will be run by the will of its members.[/spoiler]

Thats all from us for now. Fourms: http://www.cn-solis.org/ IRC: #Solis

Edited by James Maximus

Glad to be here! Glad we can create this great alliance Solis!

Glad to see Neo Uruk never changes his outlook.

I rather like Solis. You, however, have a penchant for running off to be impulsive. I mean your alliance lasted, what, a week?

Rey,to be fair, in this case he saw an opportunity to create something greater and decided it was for the best to join with us.

Some weathered government hands, from the looks of it. Unless Combat Pope isn't the same Combat Pope that I'm thinking of :P

Good luck guys.

There is only one Combat Pope!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Edited by James Maximus

I rather like Solis. You, however, have a penchant for running off to be impulsive. I mean your alliance lasted, what, a week?

Taking GUN into Solis was a fantastic opportunity and took lots of thought and time. We are very glad to make a great Alliance. With the government we have formed we will do great things.

Taking GUN into Solis was a fantastic opportunity and took lots of thought and time. We are very glad to make a great Alliance. With the government we have formed we will do great things.

Rey,to be fair, in this case he saw an opportunity to create something greater and decided it was for the best to join with us.

Most (successful) mergers take months to plot out. While Solis/GUN were quite small and took less to work out, this was still extremely hasty and seems to be some form of grab at more power by vandelsand, not a merge of two communities because their ideals are solidly in-line and they have been friends for a long time.

I really do hope I'm wrong. As I said, I like Solis. This just reeks of opportunism by someone trying to force his way to prominence. Edited by Neo Uruk

Most (successful) mergers take months to plot out. While Solis/GUN were quite small and took less to work out, this was still extremely hasty and seems to be some form of grab at more power by vandelsand, not a merge of two communities because their ideals are solidly in-line and they have been friends for a long time.

I really do hope I'm wrong. As I said, I like Solis. This just reeks of opportunism by someone trying to force his way to prominence.

I believe that we have taken the best course of action, of course neither of us can look into the future but I believe the Sun will bless us well for some time. Thank you for your concern though Rey, if you'd like we can discuss this further via IRC?

Some weathered government hands, from the looks of it. Unless Combat Pope isn't the same Combat Pope that I'm thinking of :P

Good luck guys.

I am indeed the same Combat Pope.

And thanks Kochers, its good to see old allies still kickin' after taking a long break.