Really, Methrage?

NOMNOMNOM

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully folks like Nomdude are not representative of ODN membership, just an anomaly. As for the arguments and the to and fro banter here, [owf threats, really?] they make my poor head hurt.

e: Methrage, levy 90 mil on them for this thread.

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1301589162' post='2681455']
It's not a scam, they entered a tech deal, they got their tech.
[/quote]

they didnt get in trouble for it too :P

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1301589162' post='2681455']
It's not a scam, they entered a tech deal, they got their tech.
[/quote]
They also are likely going to have to pay reps for doing the deal, which makes it a scam because that's usually not a condition of a tech deal.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1301605924' post='2681626']
They also are likely going to have to pay reps for doing the deal, which makes it a scam because that's usually not a condition of a tech deal.
[/quote]
That's ODN's call; it has nothing to do with Methrage.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1301607123' post='2681636']
That's ODN's call; it has nothing to do with Methrage.
[/quote]
Methrage knew what he was leading his dealers into it, so unless he made sure they knew about it and the risks involved it is his fault.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1301607308' post='2681637']
Methrage knew what he was leading his dealers into it, so unless he made sure they knew about it and the risks involved it is his fault.
[/quote]
[i]Caveat emptor.[/i] Methrage's war screen is full.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1301607376' post='2681638']
[i]Caveat emptor.[/i] Methrage's war screen is full.
[/quote]
Yes they should have checked his war screen but it's also a matter of good faith not to solicit deals [i]knowing[/i] you will likely get those who deal with you in trouble.

Let's not pretend Methrage is innocent here; we've dealt with him numerous times and he's really, really good at tricking people into aiding him without telling them what they're getting into. He gets involved in tech deals and makes sure not to tell people "by the way I'm currently at war." He does it knowing he gets his money since it doesn't matter what happens to the other people aiding him. He did it several times during the times we fought him, and lots of people apologized and got annoyed at what they got roped into by him. He does it on purpose. He's a slimy weasel.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris-_-L6.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1301610868' post='2681669']
Let's not pretend Methrage is innocent here; we've dealt with him numerous times and he's really, really good at tricking people into aiding him without telling them what they're getting into. He gets involved in tech deals and makes sure not to tell people "by the way I'm currently at war." He does it knowing he gets his money since it doesn't matter what happens to the other people aiding him. He did it several times during the times we fought him, and lots of people apologized and got annoyed at what they got roped into by him. He does it on purpose. He's a slimy weasel.
[/quote]

if youre too lazy or stupid to look at a war screen you deserve it tbh. unless they knew and didnt care :unsure:

[/quote]

Was it really that hard for people to click on the war screen button before clicking on aid? There is no excuse, You snooze you lose

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1301605924' post='2681626']
[/quote]

Anyone paying reps because someone else chose to attack their tech dealer really needs to grow a spine. Seriously.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1301608055' post='2681645']
Yes they should have checked his war screen but it's also a matter of good faith not to solicit deals [i]knowing[/i] you will likely get those who deal with you in trouble.
[/quote]
So, then, I assume you will join me in condeming ODN's [url="http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance%2CReceiving_Alliance&search=The Flood Empire&anyallexact=exact"]mass solicitation of tech deals[/url] while at war with, what?, 4 alliances?
Look, let's drop the pretentious moral outrage, shall we? These people got a PM from a stranger with a war history longer than their arms--maybe even in anarchy--and sent him money as fast as they could. Methrage told them he would sell them tech, and he did. As a member of MK, you're well aware that what we do is only limited by what we have the power to do. ODN can organize mass deals while at war because they know that if I attack TFE for aiding ODN, then half the world will come down on my head; Methrage knows he can get some aid because ODN is highly unlikely to pick a fight with some guys that got duped, especially if they're in sizeable alliances.

[/quote]
Count CoJ among them; however, we--like any current buyers--should have checked better.

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1301620098' post='2681772']
Anyone paying reps because someone else chose to attack their tech dealer really needs to grow a spine. Seriously.
[/quote]
Aiding and abetting my enemy by sending them cash while they are at war with me is an act of war against me. Seriously.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1301625024' post='2681854']
Aiding and abetting my enemy by sending them cash while they are at war with me is an act of war against me. Seriously.
[/quote]

what if theyre selling to you too? :ph34r:

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1301620098' post='2681772']
[/quote]
No, it's because their tech dealer is in a major war.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1301621941' post='2681799']
So, then, I assume you will join me in condeming ODN's [url="http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance%2CReceiving_Alliance&search=The Flood Empire&anyallexact=exact"]mass solicitation of tech deals[/url] while at war with, what?, 4 alliances?
Look, let's drop the pretentious moral outrage, shall we? These people got a PM from a stranger with a war history longer than their arms--maybe even in anarchy--and sent him money as fast as they could. Methrage told them he would sell them tech, and he did. As a member of MK, you're well aware that what we do is only limited by what we have the power to do. ODN can organize mass deals while at war because they know that if I attack TFE for aiding ODN, then half the world will come down on my head; Methrage knows he can get some aid because ODN is highly unlikely to pick a fight with some guys that got duped, especially if they're in sizeable alliances.[/quote]
ODN also has the political position to ask for reps from anyone who aids Methrage. ODN's enemies don't have that same power.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' timestamp='1301625024' post='2681854']
[/quote]

Simply sending them cash? There you would have a point.

But we arent talking about donations of cash. We are talking about commercial transactions - trade. I see quite a few of your goons selling and buying tech with neutral parties at the moment, and you are just as much at war as Kerberos Nexus is. ODN is selling and buying tech with neutral parties as well, of course, and anyone can verify that in seconds.

Not that there is anything wrong with that - there isnt. More power to you. But crying foul because your opponent does [i]the exact same thing you are doing[/i] is pathetic, pacifican, and pointless.

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1301628149' post='2681886']
Simply sending them cash? There you would have a point.

But we arent talking about donations of cash. We are talking about commercial transactions - trade. I see quite a few of your goons selling and buying tech with neutral parties at the moment, and you are just as much at war as Kerberos Nexus is. ODN is selling and buying tech with neutral parties as well, of course, and anyone can verify that in seconds.

Not that there is anything wrong with that - there isnt. More power to you. But crying foul because your opponent does [i]the exact same thing you are doing[/i] is pathetic, pacifican, and pointless.
[/quote]
Enemies of GOONS and ODN are free to make an issue of it with those dealing with ODN and GOONS nations.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1301628376' post='2681888']
Enemies of GOONS and ODN are free to make an issue of it with those dealing with ODN and GOONS nations.
[/quote]

And it would be just as foolish from one side as the other.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir