AnCapistan

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1296584652' post='2614834']
Wen u cnt think of an comback, jus mock spelingz :v:
[/quote]

No offense, but if you didn't type like a 5 year old, people would take you more seriously, especially for an alliance leader.

Just saying

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1296554318' post='2614512']
12 v 1 Curbstomping doesnt become a moralist such as yourself.
[/quote]
Moralist is your label for me. Regardless, as I told AirMe, I regard it tobe a physical impossibility to curbstomp aggressors until we get into the Gre-IRON realm, and we're nowhere near there, and if GOONS feels they're being curbstomped, my door is alwys open, but something tells me they don't as yet have anything to say to the "Justitia Jackoff Committee" that might ease their situation.

Last I checked, less than a week's worth of warring doesn't constitute a failure in the overall war. I mean, if this was a small conflict that could be remedied by an "I'm sorry" or "You can ZI that spy now" kinda compromise, I'm sure we'd have a different strategy. But since this war was brought on because they simply didn't like NPO, then why would our strategy be to go all out, as the aggressors have done? I mean, really...did you just begin your time in CN or are you just pretending to be a novice?

It seems like I'm saying this more and more these days, but just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's not the right move. Hell, I'm not privy to the details myself, but in my near 4 year relationship with TPF, and a few of her allies, I've come to take their word for it and they've earned my respect. Therefore, an explanation for you isn't deserved.

But I appreciate you lookin' out. You get an A for effort.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1296587218' post='2614864']
Moralist is your label for me. Regardless, as I told AirMe, I regard it tobe a physical impossibility to curbstomp aggressors until we get into the Gre-IRON realm, and we're nowhere near there, and if GOONS feels they're being curbstomped, my door is alwys open, but something tells me they don't as yet have anything to say to the "Justitia Jackoff Committee" that might ease their situation.
[/quote]
A curbstomp always meant being outnumbered to the point of overkill until you got involved in one. Now its not a curbstomp if they are the aggressor. In that situation 100 v 1 is still not a curbstomp in your book, as long as you are involved anyway.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1296588043' post='2614878']
A curbstomp always meant being outnumbered to the point of overkill until you got involved in one. Now its not a curbstomp if they are the aggressor. In that situation 100 v 1 is still not a curbstomp in your book, as long as you are involved anyway.
[/quote]

Considering Doomhouse is so adamant that they hold the advantage in the lower ranks (due to aid) despite our numerical superiority there, I do not think the word "overkill" would apply here.

At least, if you take "overkill" to mean "more force than what is necessary to achieve our goal".

Edited by Letum

Being the aggressor, especially one without any valid grievance, certainly does limit your ability to claim that you are getting unjustly stomped.

I think that intent also factors into the equation. I believe (and I sincerely hope that I am correct in that belief) that if GOONS simply offered to peace out and not reenter, they would be released. Not exactly a white peace, but close enough. I do not believe that the same terms would be offered by their side.

Honestly I don't care whether or not it's classified as a "curbstomp" or not. GOONS on the whole is in a better state when it is losing 200K NS per day due to war than it is when it is growing 15K NS per day due to sledding. We have members on IRC asking Legion and NPO and NSO to find more nations to hit them. We have others cheering on their inevitable ZI on our forums, vowing to cause as much mayhem and destruction as they can on the way down, and relishing the opportunity they'll have to tech raid once they get there.

Don't you understand? You have made GOONS [i]happy[/i]. This is why we think your plan is stupid.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1296588383' post='2614881']
Considering Doomhouse is so adamant that they hold the advantage in the lower ranks (due to aid) despite our numerical superiority there, I do not think the word "overkill" would apply here.

At least, if you take "overkill" to mean "more force than what is necessary to achieve our goal".
[/quote]
The DoWs were on GOONS not DH. The fighting is against GOONS not against DH.

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1296588983' post='2614891']
Being the aggressor, especially one without any valid grievance, certainly does limit your ability to claim that you are getting unjustly stomped.
[/quote]
Like I said curbstomp never had anything to to with justification until Schatt got involved in one. A curb stomp was always about numbers.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1296589747' post='2614899']
[/quote]

GOONS is a part of Doomhouse. Doomhouse is fighting as a coalition, co-operating on strategy and aid. The remarks of DH leadership should reflect this state of events, and apply to the situation.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1296589711' post='2614897']
Honestly I don't care whether or not it's classified as a "curbstomp" or not. GOONS on the whole is in a better state when it is losing 200K NS per day due to war than it is when it is growing 15K NS per day due to sledding. We have members on IRC asking Legion and NPO and NSO to find more nations to hit them. We have others cheering on their inevitable ZI on our forums, vowing to cause as much mayhem and destruction as they can on the way down, and relishing the opportunity they'll have to tech raid once they get there.

Don't you understand? You have made GOONS [i]happy[/i]. This is why we think your plan is stupid.
[/quote]

You're happy to get rolled, we're happy to be rolling. [ooc]That's not stupid, that's called playing a fun game[/ooc]

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1296587218' post='2614864']
[/quote]

I don't know if they have enough forum bandwidth to cover what your mercy board term will be.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1296589842' post='2614901']
Like I said curbstomp never had anything to to with justification until Schatt got involved in one. A curb stomp was always about numbers.
[/quote]
its not a curbstomp because goons attacked there side with DH..it cant be a curbstomp if the aggressor gets beaten..its just massive fail attack...

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1296589747' post='2614899']
[/quote]

This really doesn't make any sense, since they declared their aggressive war as a block. Are you trying to claim that GOONS is fighting on a separate front from the rest of DH and FAN?

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1296589842' post='2614901']
[/quote]

I can't speak for Schatt's former position, but as far as I am concerned there is absolutely nothing unethical about pounding on GOONS. They aggressively invaded an uninvolved alliance without any legitimate grievance; until they choose to withdraw they deserve to be pounded. I would agree that if they try to withdraw and are not allowed to do so, that would be a different story.

[quote]You have made GOONS happy[/quote]

Glad to be of service.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1296590261' post='2614909']
I don't know if they have enough forum bandwidth to cover what your mercy board term will be.
[/quote]
I could crash GOONS's forum with a "Reasons VE is terrible" essay. Section 1: Alliance that disbanded rather than fight starts talking about terms.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1296590233' post='2614908']
You're happy to get rolled, we're happy to be rolling. [ooc]That's not stupid, that's called playing a fun game[/ooc]
[/quote]
[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1296590604' post='2614916']
Glad to be of service.
[/quote]

You guys are just so sweet, but flattery isn't going to win you any wars.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1296590771' post='2614917']
I could crash GOONS's forum with a "Reasons VE is terrible" essay. Section 1: Alliance that disbanded rather than fight starts talking about terms.
[/quote]

Na, they'd want original material.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1296588043' post='2614878']
[/quote]
No, dearheart, a curbstomp always meant an unjustified gangbang out of nowhere or with notice but no recourse. NPO is getting curbstomped, GOONS is getting countered.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1296420439' post='2611437']
Really?

So let's look at the numbers. You attack the the weakest alliance in the Doom House coalition, GOONS, an alliance with a staggering 13k ANS and 900 nukes but you leave the two biggest alliances (Umbrella and MK) who have 90k ANS/2000 nukes and 50k ANS/3000 nukes respectively, the ones that will do the most damage to the NPO (the alliance you swore to protect), virtually untouched? Why?

You wonder why everyone considers your side to be a side composed of paper tigers. This is why. I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say, is this the best you guys can do?
[/quote]

Dude, they're just focusing on one at a time rather than spreading themselves too thin. They can just (try and) sweep one after another. No rush.

This really doesn't make any sense, since they declared their aggressive war as a block. Are you trying to claim that GOONS is fighting on a separate front from the rest of DH and FAN?
[/quote]
You're NPO your idea of a normal war is usually 12 v 1 in your favour. I dont expect you to understand nor do I care if you do.

I can't speak for Schatt's former position, but as far as I am concerned there is absolutely nothing unethical about pounding on GOONS. They aggressively invaded an uninvolved alliance without any legitimate grievance; until they choose to withdraw they deserve to be pounded. I would agree that if they try to withdraw and are not allowed to do so, that would be a different story.
[/quote]
I never said anything about ethics. This is about schattenman attempting to rewrite the meaning of curbstomp because he is taking part in one.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1296591305' post='2614927']
No, dearheart, a curbstomp [b]always meant an unjustified gangbang out of nowhere or with notice but no recourse.[/b] NPO is getting curbstomped, GOONS is getting countered.
[/quote]

So when you are getting pounded by 10 alliances defending GOONS in a few days thats not a curbstomp anymore. Thats good to know, Im sure when you are on the receiving end the definition will change again in your own mind. You've been on red too long

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1245343061' post='1627491']
not surrendering in waves in the face of the TPF/Valhalla/OPP shameful [b]curbstomp [/b]was loyalty. NPO members refusing surrender on an alliance level on grounds of never surrendering because Karma is being mean is stubborness.
[/quote]
^There was notice, the attack was justified, it didnt come out of nowhere & a surrender was available. I wonder what curbstomp will mean tommorrow :wacko:

Edited by Alterego