The war on Evil.

Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='deathcat' timestamp='1296371552' post='2610733']NPO has changed from the inside.[/quote]

NPO has not changed at all. You were just waiting till you got back on top before you started your old tricks again.

The leadership didn't "change". Moo hand picked Cortath to replace him. Just a lap dog. The Imperial Officers are mostly the same.

Real change in the NPO hasn't happened yet and wont until I am installed as your Viceroy. :lol1:

Edited by Jocko Homo

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1296371940' post='2610741']
What gets me is they don't even have a real story.

First it was: "We're pre-empting NPO coming to fight with Polar"

Next it became: "We done this for you guys. To make the game fun again"

Then it was: "We done this because you guys don't want to be nice to us"

Now it's up to: "Should have sent us a Facebook request."
[/quote]

It could be all the above?

[quote name='DogeWilliam' timestamp='1296369776' post='2610665']
You wear the flag. You follow the leader. That's kind of the point of being in an alliance. You are and always will be it's past and present. If TOP has done something wrong in the past, it is my duty to stand for them, even if I wasn't the alliance leader, or in the alliance at the time.

You say you paid with Karma. I'm not MK or FAN, but it seems certain people you attacked in the past, multiple times I might add, don't think that it's over with Karma. And the outcome of the war will prove whether the majority of power was ok with the war or not.

Hey NPO is an alliance, a flag, a continuum. It's one of the more storied and successful alliances in this game. If you don't feel like you should be fighting, leave it. If you stand by it, then stand by no matter the outcome. Though I don't think complaining will help.
[/quote]

That is a rather sanctimonious post coming from someone who said "and if anyone is going to try and refute me by saying TOP was allied with NPO at the time, I was on hiatus at the time so there!", smiley notwithstanding. I know exactly what the implications are of being in an alliance, the point I was making is that 1/2 of the people in NPO are "new blood". Those who claim that NPO hasn't changed seem to conveniently overlook that. They also ignore the fact that our government has changed, our policies have changed and our actions have changed. To continue to believe that all of the attitudes of the past remain constant in the present is simply myopic. We do not have the same mindset that was prevalent in 2006, 2007, 2008, or 2009. We are not living in the past, nor do we wish to.

If my comment made you believe that I am not proud to be a Pacifican, then obviously I was unclear. I am very proud to be a Pacifican. NPO has been, is, and will be my home. I have been in NPO for significantly longer than you have been in TOP. I fought in Karma, I am fighting now, and I will fight in the future. NPO is the only alliance I will ever call home. It is my pleasure and my privilege to defend her and my great honor to be able to stand with my Comrades through adversity. And it makes me immeasurably proud to know that my Comrades will stand with me in the same way. We are family.

Furthermore, pointing out that DH has no leg to stand on in terms of reasonable justification for their aggression is not complaining; it is simply stating the obvious.

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1296372671' post='2610765']We do not have the same mindset that was prevalent in 2006, 2007, 2008, or 2009. [/quote]

Just saying that doesn't wipe away 4 years of your actions.

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1296372671' post='2610765']
NPO has been, is, and will be my home. ... I fought in Karma, I am fighting now, and I will fight in the future. NPO is the only alliance I will ever call home.[/quote]

This pleases Future NPO Viceroy Homo. I will have much need for members of your caliber as I rebuild the NPO into an alliance worthy of it's self esteem.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1296372848' post='2610770']
Maybe so, but here is a quick math lesson....

Reason 1 + reason 2 + reason 3 + reason 4 doesn't equal a full CB.

Sorry :(
[/quote]

That's pretty subjective.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1296373212' post='2610780']
Thank you for your contributions Jocko.. however, since you are without reason, I will be responding no further.[/quote]

Be a doll and address me as Viceroy Homo in the future. K?

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1296373290' post='2610783']
That's pretty subjective.
[/quote]

Not really. You either have a clear.. concise reason. Or you do not. The past and jumbled statements of your governments and alliance leaders clearly indicate there was no legitimate reason for aggression outside of aggression itself. You were grasping at straws for a cause the minute you realized you were going to need one. That is evil. It's being disingenuous with the presentation of your statements to the world at large. You are attempting to deceive the masses and failing miserably. The only ones you shall deceive.. are yourselves.

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1296373002' post='2610776']
Just saying that doesn't wipe away 4 years of your actions.[/quote]

True enough, so we will fight. Then, when we kick your collective butts and then give you white peace, it will demonstrate that the change is real. (disclaimer: I am not NPO gov and cannot make any binding promises concerning terms we will offer to our defeated foes. However, I am a strong supporter of white peace in general and, given that I have already stated I hold no animosity toward FAN in this war, I would hope that white peace is what you would be given.)

[quote]This pleases Future NPO Viceroy Homo. I will have much need for members of your caliber as I rebuild the NPO into an alliance worthy of it's self esteem.
[/quote]

I knew that your time in Pacifica, even under false pretenses, would make you want to return. You will have to pass the academy, of course, but since we are a meritocracy, you could work your way up the ladder. :P

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1296373571' post='2610790']
I don't think it was a goal to really convince people. When the plan was prepared, everyone knew the PR would be bad.
[/quote]

Then you accept that you are evil.. and the aggression you have committed was completely unwarranted?

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1296373680' post='2610795']
No, I don't think I alluded to that either.
[/quote]

Let me break it down for you then. In your statement you confessed there was a plan that was pre-meditated.. and executed.. and that you knew the PR would be bad. This indicates to me that you had plans to do something that you knew would be broadly morally objectionable and proceeded with these plans despite that fact. That you also had no care whether or not to convince people of your legitimacy of your aggression.

Is this not a summary of what can be concluded?

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1296373603' post='2610792']
True enough, so we will fight. Then, when we kick your collective butts and then give you white peace, it will demonstrate that the change is real. (disclaimer: I am not NPO gov and cannot make any binding promises concerning terms we will offer to our defeated foes. However, I am a strong supporter of white peace in general and, given that I have already stated I hold no animosity toward FAN in this war, I would hope that white peace is what you would be given.)

I knew that your time in Pacifica, even under false pretenses, would make you want to return. You will have to pass the academy, of course, but since we are a meritocracy, you could work your way up the ladder. :P
[/quote]

Ohhhh, you're good. I'm going to make you my press secretary.

[quote name='Maelstrom Vortex' timestamp='1296372811' post='2610768']
Glad to know members of VE are quick to mock just about every global religion. Really should provide some clarity.
[/quote]

It'll provide clarity as to where [i]I[/i] stand, unless you use some odd logic that places my prior reply into the mouths of 300 other people. This wouldn't surprise me.

Does anyone miss Vladimir? No? Ok, cool.

And who's the evil one - the guys who admit to their fallibility or those who try to convince everyone they're good despite perpetrating evil deeds? I mean, all this bleating and hollering from Pacifica about who is evil is just laughable.

Edited by Crushtania

We knew people would have issues with it. I don't see it as being unwarranted in the least. You can do something controversial and not be in the wrong. No one will be swayed really in fashion you can present it.

[quote name='Bryne Farrior' timestamp='1296373805' post='2610800']
It'll provide clarity as to where [i]I[/i] stand, unless you use some odd logic that places my prior reply into the mouths of 300 other people. This wouldn't surprise me.
[/quote]

I did not say [i]all[/i] members, I just said members. You are a member of VE are you not?

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1296373879' post='2610802']
We knew people would have issues with it. I don't see it as being unwarranted in the least. You can do something controversial and not be in the wrong. No one will be swayed really in fashion you can present it.
[/quote]

Who's definitions of wrong are you using? Your own? I am appealing to the vast majority of faiths and their citations on aggression.. and yes.. your aggression was unwarranted. We did absolutely nothing violent to your or your peers. If you can cite an act of aggression which has occurred since Karma that deserved your reaction, I'll reconsider my statement. Good luck.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1296373879' post='2610802']
[/quote]

Honestly Roquentin, when you have me agreeing with Pacifica something wrong has happened. I hope you guys turn things around fairly soon. I still have faith that you will. ;)

[quote name='Bryne Farrior' timestamp='1296374012' post='2610806']
Yea, member. Singular, amigo.
[/quote]

You do realize when you speak and none others of your alliance do, you're the only voice represented for the sum of your people? Perhaps you should take that into consideration when you are going to engage in dialogue? I can presume nothing about what your peers state.. but you are a member of VE and you do hold this belief.