An open letter to the SOS Brigade regarding spy operations

porksaber

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295046916' post='2575462']
When someone begs you to attack them, what are you supposed to do, give them what they want? Why let them have the satisfaction?
[/quote]

Because it would give everyone else satisfaction?

Edited by Darth Pollard

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295046916' post='2575462']
If you're going to keep spewing verbal diarrhea, why don't you stop with the courting and test our willingness to defend ourselves? I mean, I could break your post apart point by point, but it's such hate-filled mindless drivel that it's not worth the effort; put up or shut up, seriously. You don't see our members bending over backwards to slander you at every occasion, much less myself; why do you feel such a compulsion to debase yourself with childish and crude comments like these? It's rather pitiful conduct for anyone who puts on the hat of the diplomatic head of an alliance. I've seen better conduct from SLCB in the past few days than I've seen in any of your posts.
[/quote]

Having someone from your alliance tell me here and now that I should "put up or shut up" is absolutely hilarious. SLCB already tested your willingness to defend yourselves, and we've all seen the results of that. Unless, of course, you're extending me a personal invitation to spy on SOS nations myself, in which case I'd be more than happy to oblige. :smug:

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1295047665' post='2575478']
Unless, of course, you're extending me a personal invitation to spy on SOS nations myself, in which case I'd be more than happy to oblige. :smug:
[/quote]

I think it was more of a "try it and see what happens", not an invitation. Surely VE wouldn't enact their oA with you, because they don't support spying.. oh wait.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1295049195' post='2575502']
I think it was more of a "try it and see what happens", not an invitation. Surely VE wouldn't enact their oA with you, because they don't support spying.. oh wait.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't want to drag our treaty partners into anything, unlike some alliances.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1295045857' post='2575439']
inane commentary of no value
[/quote]

[quote name='Darth Pollard' timestamp='1295047622' post='2575476']
inane commentary of no value[sup]2[/sup]
[/quote]

I suppose that, coming from an alliance called Tetridian Federation, it should be no surprise that your members are so adept at playing the role of blockheads.

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' timestamp='1295050388' post='2575520']
I suppose that, coming from an alliance called Tetridian Federation, it should be no surprise that your members are so adept at playing the role of blockheads.
[/quote]

You know, that joke would've been much less terrible had you used our actual alliance's name. (OOC: Tetridian Federation is a TE alliance)

Edit:

[quote]
Edit: Hereno beat me to it. [/quote]

:smug:

Edited by Hereno

[/quote]

Oh God, you have got to love the smarts some people bring to the table. :laugh:

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1294988979' post='2574866']
It was sarcasm my friend. Furthermore, I forget to add the word 'FAKED' to the sentence.
[/quote]
aha. Saying that you were being sarcastic. Always a good way to cover up baseless, un-funny comments.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1295050860' post='2575525']
You know, that joke would've been much less terrible had you used our actual alliance's name. (OOC: Tetridian Federation is a TE alliance)[/quote]

LOL, yes I certainly screwed the pooch on that one. Nothing like being hoisted by one's own petard. :wacko:

[quote name='Darth Pollard' timestamp='1295047622' post='2575476']
Because it would give everyone else satisfaction?
[/quote]
It is a well known fact that I am the Enemy of Fun[sup][size="1"]TM[/size][/sup].
[quote name='Thomas Jackson' timestamp='1265263787' post='2158351']
You shall be hereby known as Locke, Enemy of Fun.
[/quote]

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1295047665' post='2575478']
Having someone from your alliance tell me here and now that I should "put up or shut up" is absolutely hilarious. SLCB already tested your willingness to defend yourselves, and we've all seen the results of that. Unless, of course, you're extending me a personal invitation to spy on SOS nations myself, in which case I'd be more than happy to oblige. :smug:
[/quote]
I am telling you that if you believe that we are pushovers when it comes to attacks on our alliance, you are welcome to see just how I handle you when you test that. If you believe us to be weak, take advantage of it, and we'll show you what happens.

Edited by Locke

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1295056037' post='2575584']
I am telling you that if you believe that we are pushovers when it comes to attacks on our alliance, you are welcome to see just how I handle you when you test that. If you believe us to be weak, take advantage of it, and we'll show you what happens.
[/quote]

nothing?

heh, I could not resist.

[/quote]

Challenge accepted.

[spoiler] :ehm: [/spoiler]

[/quote]

Average intelligence.

[/quote]
To be fair Locke, and I mean this from a heartfelt rogue standpoint. I came to the table to test you. It was your allies that responded, and then Strong Bad joined almost two full days later.

Your alliance hasn't really impressed upon me the utter desire for blatant fun in destroying nations.

Don't get me wrong, King Death II and Finnish Commie are more than enough to handle little ole me, if it were just you and homestar alone, I would not be worried.

Just sayin'

[quote name='Micheal Malone' timestamp='1295073426' post='2575838']
To be fair Locke, and I mean this from a heartfelt rogue standpoint. I came to the table to test you. It was your allies that responded, and then Strong Bad joined almost two full days later.

Your alliance hasn't really impressed upon me the utter desire for blatant fun in destroying nations.

Don't get me wrong, King Death II and Finnish Commie are more than enough to handle little ole me, if it were just you and homestar alone, I would not be worried.

Just sayin'
[/quote]
Well, KD and FC kinda stole the chance for anyone else to hop in. :P They were on you as soon as people were waking up, and homestar picked up the stagger the next day (he was on and ready the first, but there was no way we were letting him declare then. :P). Yeah, if it was just the two of us you'd be doing well, but we'd have had you covered one way or another so it'd be more than us two. From a quick look, Imperator and Myrrh would probably have filled in, and both have had their fare share of war.

[quote name='lordliam' timestamp='1295052389' post='2575549']
aha. Saying that you were being sarcastic. Always a good way to cover up baseless, un-funny comments.
[/quote]
You know how easy it is to edit irc logs, then reload them into mirc with lets say NN script? The log viewer will show edited logs with the correct timestamp and colors, just like reals logs would look like.
Screenshots are no evidence these days, technology has made them moot when talking about irc logs. [url=http://i51.tinypic.com/30kag5k.png]Here's[/url] an example of what I mean.

And, do you expect me to believe an ex-triumvir of my alliance who left with about three seconds notice, who poached my alliance to fill his cosplay clan and then lied himself into a protectorate with one of my allies?

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1295045857' post='2575439']
If planet Bob were a prison, SOS Brigade would be that weird looking guy with a ponytail who everyone suspected was a pedophile (but wasn't quite sure about it), that is really only alive because he gives sexual favors to one of the biggest, baddest dudes in there on command.
[/quote]
Oh man could you not have used a more tasteful analogy? :lol1:

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1294973408' post='2574626']Duncannnnnn, this is classic jockeying. Useless client state gets kicked to the curb (NEW), favored client state gets a blank check (SLCB). You know this is how the world works; I mean youve got people seriously suggesting that logs and other evidence are being faked while more spy attacks are actually revealed on the alliance stats page. That's the game you're playing, if you don't like it, stop signing treaties with so many idiots.[/quote]
I think I love you, Schattenmann. :wub: You say it like it is. :awesome:

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1295085336' post='2575937']You know how easy it is to edit irc logs, then reload them into mirc with lets say NN script? The log viewer will show edited logs with the correct timestamp and colors, just like reals logs would look like.
Screenshots are no evidence these days, technology has made them moot when talking about irc logs. [url=http://i51.tinypic.com/30kag5k.png]Here's[/url] an example of what I mean.[/quote]
Except I used xChat, not mIRC. I've said it before and I'll say it now, the logs are [b]not[/b] faked.
By your standards, I cannot prove that of course, but neither can you prove that they are fake and so the issue must drop.

[quote name='erikz' timestamp='1295085336' post='2575937']And, do you expect me to believe an ex-triumvir of my alliance who left with about three seconds notice, who poached my alliance to fill his cosplay clan and then lied himself into a protectorate with one of my allies?[/quote]
Funny how much you could think that I left with "three seconds notice". Try two weeks. Then again, if you repeat a lie long enough, you'll start believing it.
Your own Wiki records show (Edit: Excuse me, [b]showed[/b], you've removed the timeline of Triumvirs from your page I see) that I left the Triumvir's office around two weeks before I started SOS and I absolutely did not poach from your alliance. True enough, a couple of iFOK members joined SOS, but people deciding of their own accord to join another alliance that is just founding is not the same as that alliance directly poaching them from their previous alliance. To suggest otherwise is putting arbitrary restrictions on people's ability to move from one alliance to another, which is absurd, to say the least.
As for the protectorate, I am not aware of anything I said to VE that was misleading. Whether VE thinks otherwise now is up to them.

I know I was supposedly going to retire from this thread, but it had to be said that iFOK's version of the events surrounding my departure from said alliance are sadly lacking in the factual accuracy department. Oh how far the glorious fall.
Sorry for crashing your little "let's all attempt to trash Arrnea's reputation" party, [b]but well, that's the real version of events.[/b]

Edited by Arrnea