Wrongful Zi

Eternal Enigma

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1292798454' post='2544989']
I don't know who the heck you are but the point was being made that we gave Ty a chance. That much is clear. Whether you were afforded one or not is irrelevant to Ty's situation. Take your complaining elsewhere.
[/quote]

Old grudges were to put aside, that was meant to be the case with everybody. I think your argument is irrelevant.

[quote]Are you even relevant to post here? If we were so bad why have you applied 3 times :smug:[/quote]

Guess why people want to join into alliance.

[quote name='Dingo' timestamp='1292799262' post='2545009']
Old grudges were to put aside, that was meant to be the case with everybody. I think your argument is irrelevant.
[/quote]
Any and all grievances we have with Ty and the reasoning for his ZI have to do with his actions since the reformation of Nordreich. You can cry to somebody else if you'd like because this thread in no way involves you and I've had my say with you already.

This is a true abomination of a thread, but...

[quote name='Nemhauser' timestamp='1292778644' post='2544523']
Then came the case in which he violated a handful of Nordreich's rules by accepting classified information from a Nordreich government official, refusing to mention his source when ordered to do so by a superior officer and insulting various superior officers.
[/quote]

I started laughing pretty hard right about here.

Wow, really? He accepted information from his own alliance's government? God [i]damn[/i] stop the $%&@in' presses it's an atrocity.

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1292804765' post='2545140']
This is a true abomination of a thread, but...

Wow, really? He accepted information from his own alliance's government? God [i]damn[/i] stop the $%&@in' presses it's an atrocity.
[/quote]

you know what they mean by insulting various superior officers right? refusing to tell them=an insult to them

[quote name='Eternal Enigma' timestamp='1292805074' post='2545146']
you know what they mean by insulting various superior officers right? refusing to tell them=an insult to them
[/quote]

The logs [i]are[/i] in the thread, you know.

Frankly if it were me you'd have been kicked for being a truly magnificent specimen of idiocy.

[quote name='Dingo' timestamp='1292797231' post='2544965']
!@#$%^&*. You have denied my applications based on reasons concerning my personality, opinions and sexuality, even though I have never been offensive towards Nordreich.

Fair chance? Nah. Old grudges and fueds were put aside? I don't think so.
[/quote]
Your applications were denied with the best interest of the alliance in mind. For me, it had nothing to do with you personally.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1292804765' post='2545140']

[/quote]
Ty did not accept information from the government, but from one individual with government access. Leaking classified information to regular members is forbidden. Ty should've reported it immediately. Instead, he shared it with others and, upon discovery, refused to name the person who leaked the info.

Edited by Nemhauser

[quote name='Nemhauser' timestamp='1292806180' post='2545178']
Ty did not accept information from the government, but from one individual with government access. Leaking classified information to regular members is forbidden. Ty should've reported it immediately. Instead, he shared it with others and, upon discovery, refused to name the person who leaked the info.
[/quote]

I'm sorry, but that's a positively winceworthy policy in general.

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1292806813' post='2545192']
This pretty much sums you up
[/quote]

Do I know you?

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1292817168' post='2545425']
Please read the thread before you post, there was more to this than a picture. We don't care what people think is harsh or not harsh, it is our policies and we are going by them.
[/quote]
Rather than put him on probation keeping him in the alliance and then overreacting the next time he says the wrong thing, I think it would of made a lot more sense if you guys removed him from the alliance 3 months ago if he really did anything bad. Punishing him for accepting classified information from another alliance mate and not ratting them out his friend in gov who spoke with him seems silly. If anything that he didn't tell which gov member spoke with him would make him seem more trustworthy than someone who would betray the gov member who told him the information in order to avoid getting in trouble.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1292817552' post='2545432']
Rather than put him on probation keeping him in the alliance and then overreacting the next time he says the wrong thing, I think it would of made a lot more sense if you guys removed him from the alliance 3 months ago if he really did anything bad. Punishing him for accepting classified information from another alliance mate and not ratting them out his friend in gov who spoke with him seems silly. If anything that he didn't tell which gov member spoke with him would make him seem more trustworthy than someone who would betray the gov member who told him the information in order to avoid getting in trouble.
[/quote]
It's called giving someone another chance. They did that 3 months ago, and he ran out of chances now. Simple.

While maybe a ZI could be construed by some as going a bit too far, Nordreich as a sovereign alliance has full authority to deal out punishment to members who break the rules that they agree to when they join the alliance. If he was given a fair trial and put on probation, then violated further rules, Nordreich can punish him as they see fit. It is their prerogative, as a sovereign alliance. While it may be tempting to intervene if one does not agree with the decision of the Nordreich Government, it would set a bad precedent in that interfering with other alliances internal affairs would effectively make it OK (precedent wise, at least) to attack or otherwise cause conflict with other alliances in response to perceived shortcomings in their internal policies and decisions.
While one may not agree with Nordreich's decision, it is better to let it go than to continue conflict. They made the decision already, it would seem as if there was just cause for it, so it is settled, or at least it should be.
The only decisions by alliances that should be allowed to be contested by other alliances is when there is clearly an impact of the decision that goes beyond the bounds of the alliance itself. This is an internal matter, it should stay that way. They, as a sovereign alliance, have every right to make decisions that reflect internal matters. This does not mean that all these decisions will be right and just, but it does mean that they have the right to make them. I think we should respect this right.
[b]This does not mean I am endorsing their decision, it just means that I don't think that the issue should go beyond Nordreich as it does seem to be a clear internal matter that should be dealt with internally, without intervention by external parties. Whether the decision was right or wrong, they made it, and I think that we should respect their decision.[/b]

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1292817552' post='2545432']
Rather than put him on probation keeping him in the alliance and then overreacting the next time he says the wrong thing, I think it would of made a lot more sense if you guys removed him from the alliance 3 months ago if he really did anything bad.
[/quote]
Ty thought it all made perfect sense and agreed to it all. Kinda makes all this a moot point.