Sanctions

Sephiroth

[quote name='rapmanej' timestamp='1291699405' post='2532644']
This sounds like a personal problem.

Why should the World Affairs board care what sanctions you deservingly brought onto yourself?
[/quote]
World Affairs just means it applies to more than one nation, every topic here doesn't apply to every single nation. This topic doesn't apply to you so I'm not even sure why you're posting in it and don't care if you care. I don't even know you or care who you are.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1291699603' post='2532650']
World Affairs just means it applies to more than one nation, every topic here doesn't apply to every single nation. This topic doesn't apply to you so I'm not even sure why you're posting in it and don't care if you care. I don't even know you or care who you are.
[/quote]

Then why did you bother to reply?

You got these sanctions when you went rouge. Whose to say you won't go rouge again?

[quote name='rapmanej' timestamp='1291699848' post='2532651']

You got these sanctions when you went rouge. Whose to say you won't go rouge again?
[/quote]
He got sanctioned for getting embarrassed?
Putting his lippy on wrong?

Harsh as hell!!

hehehehe never gets old

[quote name='rapmanej' timestamp='1291699848' post='2532651']

[/quote]
I replied because your posting in the topic I made and whether I go rogue in the future is irrellevent to these sanctions getting removed. They were put in place due to the war with GOONS and their requests, now that GOONS don't want them anymore they are being removed as people realize they've forgotten to remove them. Whether posting a topic to help get them removed was the best way to go about it doesn't matter anymore, since what is done is done. People making pointless posts saying their opinions on whether the topic is pointless in their opinion only extends the life of the topic, so I really don't see the point in it.

[quote name='Derwood1' timestamp='1291695539' post='2532606']
nar·cis·sism   
[nahr-suh-siz-em]
–noun
1. inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity.

2. Psychoanalysis . erotic gratification derived from admiration of one's own physical or mental attributes, being a normal condition at the infantile level of personality development

....just sayin :wacko:
[/quote]

I love you so much.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1291700061' post='2532653']
I replied because your posting in the topic I made and whether I go rogue in the future is irrellevent to these sanctions getting removed. [/quote]

I guess people are confused as to why you're in a hurry to get all sanctions removed, Methy. It's not like you're going to take up trades with a bag of Skittles....if you're looking to switch colors, it would make sense to get that single color sanction removed. To everyone else, though, to request removal of all sanctions appears to be preparation for use of those colors, ie. preparation for going rogue again. Also, in your list of colors you were on during war with GOONS, you forgot that you were on brown. RV traded his uranium with you at this time, so it's a little hard to forget. :)

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1291708936' post='2532780']
I guess people are confused as to why you're in a hurry to get all sanctions removed, Methy. It's not like you're going to take up trades with a bag of Skittles....if you're looking to switch colors, it would make sense to get that single color sanction removed. To everyone else, though, to request removal of all sanctions appears to be preparation for use of those colors, ie. preparation for going rogue again. Also, in your list of colors you were on during war with GOONS, you forgot that you were on brown. RV traded his uranium with you at this time, so it's a little hard to forget. :)
[/quote]
Well, they were trade and aid sanctions by the looks of it, so if he's looking to tech deal that could be an issue.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1291706912' post='2532761']
You couldn't have PM'd the senators privately without posting a thread?
[/quote]
As I stated before I wasn't sure who still had me sanctioned, but I suppose a lot of stuff could be PMed rather than posting a thread or on the forum. The forum is here so I used it to help fix an annoyance, although I could of PM'd them just as you could of PM'd me that question rather than post it here. Does it cause a problem for you or anyone else that I posted a thread?

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1291709335' post='2532785']
Well, they were trade and aid sanctions by the looks of it, so if he's looking to tech deal that could be an issue.
[/quote]

Ah, okay.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1291709335' post='2532785']
[/quote]
Since I'm using 5/6 slots on tech deals I have one wasted slot, its mostly when I try sending aid to people to keep the slot in use that I realize I can't due to sanctions. I noticed I was still sanctioned on a lot of them so I figured this thread could help get it cleared up relatively quickly rather then spending a long time with PMs to different people until I get in touch with all the right people individually.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1291698809' post='2532636']
As much as I would prefer this wasn't done this way, it has got a lot of the sanctions removed quickly, well done I guess Methrage
[/quote]
I removed it after he PM'd me, I only just read this thread ...

So far I think all sanctions have been removed except for yellow, as they will only remove it when GOONS tells them to and want to receive a message from GOONS instructing them to remove it. After creating the thread I also PMed some senators to help speed up the process.

Edit: All sanctions have been removed now including yellow, thanks to the senators who removed them.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1291696902' post='2532612']
Then why are you posting in it? Do you lack so much self control you need to even post in the ones nobody cares about bumping them to the top of the forum pointlessly? If your posting in here obviously you care, whether that is because you want to try discrediting me or are just jealous of me doesn't matter, but if you're posting in here about how nobody cares then you obviously you do care (proving yourself wrong in the same post). Nice try though.
[/quote]

Well it was an effort to get you to stop posting stuff like this in the future. I'm not sure how that implies I lack "so much self control"? Really though, the "if you don't care, why are you posting" argument has always been terrible. How are you going to know you're wasting people's time if nobody tells you? As for discrediting you, I'm not sure if there is anything left to discredit. You've done such an admirable job by yourself. Jealous? Don't make me laugh.

I will admit Methrage, I do care. However, I don't care about your made-up sanction drama that could literally be fixed with several PM's without wasting our time here. What I do care about is not having to read your pleas for attention. Nice try though.