The Church

Lord Cyvole

[center][size="5"]The Church[/size]

[b][i]religion (ri-lij-uhn) n. - something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience[/i][/b]

Perhaps the best way to explain what I want to convey in this announcement is to start with just a little background history. I started my life on Planet Bob three years and a few months ago, in June of 2007. In that time I’ve been in all of two alliances (discounting a few couple day forays that were never meant to be permanent), The German Empire and The Sasori Initiative. I started in those alliances the day they were created and I only left the former for rather dire circumstances. I have been enjoying a period of personal inactivity in the latter, a refreshing break of collecting taxes and paying bills while occasionally checking the alliance forums for anything important going on. Until today, I hadn’t been on the forums here since I started going inactive. I was looking at a post from The Dakotans about our embassy with TOOL when I saw he mentioned that he was the new LCC of TOOL. So I went on the forums of our dear planet to see what was up, since I recalled my good friend Mia had been promoted to the position not so long ago. I found the [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95004&st=0]thread[/url] regarding the matter in the Alliance Announcements section. What I saw, quite frankly, disgusted me. I have never seen such blatant rudeness and aggressiveness, even in the days of the ‘Hegemony’ in which nearly everyone on one half of Bob disliked everyone on the other side of Bob. At least back then people were civil about it, and didn’t attack anyone who was simply trying to be nice to a friend. I understand that the uneventfulness of Bob makes people restless and cranky, but that is no reason for posts like this in response to such an odd concept as kindness:

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1290735457' post='2523400']
Keep kissing up, you might get something for it at some point.

[size="1"]Besides looking pathetic and desperate.[/size]
[/quote]
From a supposedly respected alliance leader, no less! You’ve all probably heard a lot of griping over similar subjects, but I felt the need to explain my reasoning before making my announcement, so I ask that you excuse me for wasting your time with such a ridiculously unheard of thing as explaining one’s actions honestly.

Onwards to the slightly less uninteresting part of this post! There are three things I must say, that should cover most of the matters at hand.

• I have chosen to leave my long-time alliance The Sasori Initiative. Don’t take this personally guys, I love you all, and I’ll still defend you as best I can.
• I have joined/formed the alliance The Church. No need for a charter or anything else, this is and (I presume) will be a one-man alliance. The core principle of this alliance is that we, or rather I, should do the right thing as best as I can and as often as I can.
• With the power invested in me by the College of Holy Doves, I declare war on Xiphosis of the Global Order of Darkness. I rather dislike you, Xiphosis, and that is exactly why I am attacking you. Hiding behind treaty webs, waiting for someone to make a mistake so I can go to war, or making up some excuse to do the same, that’s just not right. So I will be perfectly frank in my casus belli. I dislike you. I dislike the way you treat people. I dislike the things you say. And I am acting on that.

Thank you, those of you that have honored me with your attention the past minute or two of your lives.

[b]Signed,
Lord Cyvole, Patriarch of The Church[/b][/center]

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It's not a religion, it's just a technique... just a way of making you speak.. Distance and speed have left us too weak, make Destination look kind of bleak..."

Destination - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nidAGwtYGuA"]The Church[/url]

I guess that could be my religion?

My friend you are straying from your roots, seeing this I wouldn't even know that you like to sip wine and eat smelly cheese while waving a white flag around.

I suspect you'll need alot of luck if you wish to get out of this, you are dealing with Xiph after all.

inb4 Lol at "The Church" declaring on GOD.

heh, Cyvole, its been a while, i wondered whether you had gone on o the great beyond.

As to the announcement here, all i can say is, hope you have fun.

[quote name='Raffaello' timestamp='1290750699' post='2523573']
I suspect you'll need alot of luck if you wish to get out of this, you are dealing with Xiph after all.
[/quote]
Nothing is forever, things, people, situations change all the time. I think it wont be as convoluted or laborious a process as perceptions might lead one to believe.

[quote name='Raffaello' timestamp='1290750699' post='2523573']
inb4 Lol at "The Church" declaring on GOD.
[/quote]
That is indeed funny.

Edited by Alfred von Tirpitz

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1290750589' post='2523572']
Finally! Four years of pissing people off, and not one rogue until now. You better not disappoint me.
[/quote]

I will try my very best. I only ask you do the same. I must warn you, I haven't fought a war since admin knows how long, so my mechanics aren't the greatest.

Edited by Lord Cyvole

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1290750589' post='2523572']
Finally! Four years of pissing people off, and not one rogue until now. You better not disappoint me.
[/quote]
Skippy, doing it better than Xiphosis since 2009*

*Had 3 rogues hit me late last year

[quote name='Keve69' timestamp='1290750877' post='2523579']
I sense success on this crusade of yours...

[i]How Xiphosis feel's about this: FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU[/i][IMG]http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss96/Keve69/KeveRageguy.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

Success is for squares.

On a completely unrelated note, I really wish you had attacked me before one of our friends did, Xiph. ;-;

[quote name='DogsOfWar' timestamp='1290751133' post='2523584']
Best of luck to you Lord Cyvole..

It shall be interesting to see if a fair fight ensues !!!
[/quote]

Hahaha, boat already sailed. Not very often we get someone in this range to play with.

[quote name='DogsOfWar' timestamp='1290751133' post='2523584']
It shall be interesting to see if a fair fight ensues !!!
[/quote]
This is Planet Bob, a fair fight with a one man alliance is unheard of. He has a goodly amount of tech too, [i guess here, since he is an older nation as compared to me] that ought to be enough to attract a few adventurous types with the typical CN entrepreneurial spirit.

[quote name='Lord Cyvole' timestamp='1290751687' post='2523604']
Should I put 'Protected by GOD' in my bio?
[/quote]

That'd be funny. :awesome:

[quote]I... am so amused. I am sorry Lord Cyvole but this is pretty funny. I am used to the female jokes, such is the nature of Planet Bob. Good luck with your adventure.[/quote]

At least you made it worth it for him with that post alone.

[quote name='KCToker' timestamp='1290751773' post='2523607']
This would have been funnier if you hadn't chosen that name specifically for the pun.

Anyways, have fun for now. We'll dance when you get down to my level.
[/quote]

Actually I hadn't noticed the pun until my friend Raffaello pointed it out to me. #church has been my IRC office for ages, and I thought it appropriate for an alliance name. :b

[quote name='KCToker' timestamp='1290751773' post='2523607']
This would have been funnier if you hadn't chosen that name specifically for the pun.

Anyways, have fun for now. We'll dance when you get down to my level.
[/quote]
And how funny do you think it would be if he hadn't? Hes had "#church" for the longest time as his own little channel.

EDIT, beat me to it.

Edited by Raffaello

[quote name='Lord Cyvole' timestamp='1290751914' post='2523611']
Actually I hadn't noticed the pun until my friend Raffaello pointed it out to me. #church has been my IRC office for ages, and I thought it appropriate for an alliance name. :b
[/quote]
Fair enough, it's now funnier :v:

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1290751902' post='2523610']
That'd be funny. :awesome:

At least you made it worth it for him with that post alone.
[/quote]

I am just surprised you've never been rogued on before this and I have been rogued on 2 years before. I thought it was standard for leaders to get rogued on at least once in their lifetime. Had to happen sometime.

Just amusing that it is over a female joke. :P