64Digits Announcement

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Priest Kahn' timestamp='1289659824' post='2511844']
In order for a policy to be valid, first your allies have to recognize it (at which point it turns into a CB), and secondly your enemies must recognize it (at which point it becomes a standard of conduct).
[/quote]
Except I'm pretty sure most people recognize it. It's a common sense policy in the same vein as the (more recent) Moldavi Doctrine, a statement about a political climate moreso than any groundbreaking change. It's already a "standard of conduct," as you put it.

Can I get everyone to please stop putting a space in "64Digits?" Much thanks. :wacko:

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1289657289' post='2511823']
lol I didn't realise 64 digits only had nine nations, I'd be interested in seeing how you fill war slots if anyone attacks one of your top two nations given that the other seven are under 20k NS.
[/quote]Much like Umbrella helped GOONS deal with nations that were too big for GOONS itself to hit, we also have allies to assist with that. So I wonder why you're mocking a situation that exactly parallels that of your ally GOONS and yourself.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289680255' post='2512041']
Can I get everyone to please stop putting a space in "64Digits?" Much thanks. :wacko:

Much like Umbrella helped GOONS deal with nations that were too big for GOONS itself to hit, we also have allies to assist with that. So I wonder why you're mocking a situation that exactly parallels that of your ally GOONS and yourself.
[/quote]
Really? EXACTLY parallels? In that case I look forward to the "64 digits can't fight their own wars" jibes.

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1289690710' post='2512293']
Really? EXACTLY parallels? In that case I look forward to the "64 digits can't fight their own wars" jibes.
[/quote]You're right, GOONS actually had nations who could reach their targets, whereas we simply don't. So it isn't an [i]exact[/i] parallel...

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289401113' post='2509335']
Maybe you didn't notice but there was almost a war between MK and NSO.

I'm not going to address the details of such a strategy. If you haven't figured out yet why alliances send people into peace mode, you probably never will.
[/quote]

Oh I know why peace mode is a good strategy for a war. Seems like you were hugely premature with it though which has ended up costing your nations a fair bit no doubt.

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1289754378' post='2512809']
Oh I know why peace mode is a good strategy for a war. Seems like you were hugely premature with it though which has ended up costing your nations a fair bit no doubt.
[/quote]On this end of the web, we do not have the liberty to take risks. We don't have the comfort in the backing of a massive hegemony. And no, it didn't cost us anything. There is what, a -1 happiness penalty at 5 days of hippie? Oh, the horror!

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289401113' post='2509335']
Maybe you didn't notice but there was almost a war between MK and NSO.

I'm not going to address the details of such a strategy. If you haven't figured out yet why alliances send people into peace mode, you probably never will.
[/quote]
There was almost a war? That's news to me.

Funny how jumpy people get over such a tiny situation.