Formation of a Kingdom

JEDCJT

Before the Maritime Republic of J Andres faded into history, the now-former Prime Minister Benjamin Richards had stated, in a faltering voice, that the regions of British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan had voted to form a new country. He was right.

The inhabitants of the aforementioned regions, after years of foreign domination by the Canuck regime and the Great Lakes Provinces, desired stability. However, fondly recalling the glory of the Kingdom of Viniland, the inhabitants wanted to foster a nation of their own that would appropriately reflect and defend their interests. However, they did not want to besmirch the honorable image of Viniland by bringing it back, so they opted for another nation name. And vote on it, they did. In a referendum held by the J Andrean protectorate authorities, the inhabitants voted to form a government and country, including their first leader of what was to be their own nation.

With the election over, the process of establishing a new nation could begin. In the city of Kamloops, the city hall building was swarming with activity as excited crowds eagerly awaited their new leader’s appearance. Finally, everything was in place, including the podium where their newly-elected leader was due to appear.

Finally, he made his appearance. The crowd broke out into wild applause as a man in his mid-thirties made his way to the podium. He was dressed up in a sharp black suit, and he smiled at the audience before starting his speech. As the microphone and cameras clustered around the podium were connected to media facilities, the world could see his face and hear his words.

“[i]Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. As you all know, the regions of British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan had voted for independence from the protection of the now-former Maritime Republic of J Andres. Through that, we are an independent and sovereign nation on the world stage, where we will make our own decisions and chart our country’s future! With the support and trust placed in me by you, my people, I, Giancarlo Norton, henceforth proclaim the formation of the [b]Kingdom of Ursalia[/b]![/i]”

With that, the crowds let out a thunderous roar as they cheered and clapped wildly. The same happened throughout the newly-established Kingdom of Ursalia in major cities such as Vancouver, Nadrink, Kelowna, Calgary, Regina, and Edmonton.

Norton smiled at the rapturous response his speech was receiving. “[i]With that, I will lead the Kingdom of Ursalia to greatness, and we will work together with civilized nations of the international community, if necessary, to attain peace and stability not only in North America, but in the world! God bless you all, citizens of the Kingdom, and the Kingdom itself![/i]”

Having concluded his speech, Norton left the podium. The Kingdom was now established in place, with its capital centered in Kamloops. Under the new government, daily life for the new Ursalian citizens in British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan, would slowly return to normal.

[center]---[/center]
[img]http://imgur.com/RYzUC.png[/img]
[i]Map of the Kingdom of Ursalia, with the capital denoted[/i]

[quote name='graniteknight' timestamp='1289080717' post='2504291']
The United Kingdom of Idaho and Montana greets and welcomes this new nation to the World, In addition because we are neighbors we wish to send you an offer of a treaty.
[/quote]

"The Kingdom is not interested in signing treaties at this time. But we thank you for your greetings, nevertheless."

[quote name='Franz Ferdinand' timestamp='1289081076' post='2504299']
"The American Union recognises the existence of the Kingdom of Ursalia and wishes it all the best in the future."
[/quote]

"We thank you."

"We thank you all for your recognition and warm welcomes."

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1289092738' post='2504515']
We recognize this country and hope it does not cause conflicts.
[/quote]

"Ursalia will not cause conflicts. If there will be, it is because other nations have started them."

Edited by JEDCJT

[quote name='Stefano Palmieri' timestamp='1289092932' post='2504521']
Nunavut welcomes Ursalia to the world and hopes they have a bright and prosperous future.
[/quote]
[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1289159429' post='2505174']
"We welcome the Kingdom to North America and retain our hope that peace and stability can flourish on this continent after so many years of strife."
[/quote]
[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1289170918' post='2505303']
The Kingdom of Ireland sends greetings to the new North American nation.
[/quote]

"We thank you for your warm welcome."

[quote name='Kaiser Martens' timestamp='1289179372' post='2505486']
"Welcome. We offer you an Embassy at any area of your choice."
[/quote]

"We thank you. You may establish an Embassy in Kamloops, our capital. Likewise, we would like to establish an Embassy in your capital."