GOON spy orders

JimKongIl

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1285198904' post='2461481']
He's not the only one who has been getting sent bogus aid offers to see what people are doing with their slots, plenty of innocent nations have had their privacy infringed by you guys as well.
[/quote]
And how would you suggest we investigate the secret aid? By blowing bubbles in our cocoa? I can't actually believe you're suggesting that sending aid offers to uncover secret aid is in any way a bad thing.

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1285199063' post='2461486']
A rogue is merely an unpredictable actor or one who does not abide by international law. By either standard, the GOON alliance is a good example alliance. What is that simpering I hear, you say there is no such thing as rogue alliances on Bob, only rogue nations? :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Actually, a rogue is merely a nation ruler. Looks like everyone is a rogue.

(Here's a hint; when you broaden or change the definition of a word, you can't really keep using the word to refer to the definition any more)

Edited by ktarthan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1285199140' post='2461487']
And how would you suggest we investigate the secret aid? By blowing bubbles in our cocoa? I can't actually believe you're suggesting that sending aid offers to uncover secret aid is in any way a bad thing.
[/quote]
Well, I [i]enjoy[/i] blowing bubbles in my cocoa. :blush:

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1285198904' post='2461481']
He's not the only one who has been getting sent bogus aid offers to see what people are doing with their slots, plenty of innocent nations have had their privacy infringed by you guys as well.
[/quote]Oh [i]please.[/i] It's investigation. It doesn't hurt anyone and if it [i]doesn't[/i] turn up anything incriminating then we literally get nothing out of it. Stop acting like we kicked in their door and stripped their beds and gave them cavity searches.

We haven't spied anyone whom we weren't already sure was aiding you. If we do incorrectly spy someone then we can talk. Until then your message is hopeless bunkum.

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1285199063' post='2461486']
A rogue is merely an unpredictable actor or one who does not abide by international law. By either standard, the GOON alliance is a good example alliance. What is that simpering I hear, you say there is no such thing as rogue alliances on Bob, only rogue nations? :rolleyes:
[/quote]What international laws have we broken?

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1285197799' post='2461445']
Yep.
[/quote]

Don't get your knickers in a twist. Paranoia much?
Those who hold a FAC usually have better use for their aid slots than to fuel a crusade.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1285198103' post='2461452']
Of course! That's why we're organizing spy operations against everyone with a FAC that "doesn't like GOONS", right?
[/quote]

You're probably a bit more cautious about it for those who are part of an alliance.
The aid slot checks are most likely a first check.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1285198132' post='2461456']
Care to expand on this?
[/quote]

An aid offer from beef.. something (don't recall the precise name, too lazy too look for it). Cancelled a few seconds later. Too bad i wasn't online to accept the money and soldiers.
Happened some time ago after i had some frequent debates with a couple of GOONS in either one of the UOKMB or Methrage related topics.

I'd be tempted so send some secret aid to someone to see if they would commit an act of war solely based on their paranoia.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1285199140' post='2461487']
And how would you suggest we investigate the secret aid? By blowing bubbles in our cocoa?
[/quote]

I think the way Methrage's mind works is like this:

I am just. GOONS is my enemy. Therefore GOONS is unjust. Therefore, it doesn't matter how they investigate anything because anything they do is moot.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1285199376' post='2461497']
You're probably a bit more cautious about it for those who are part of an alliance.
The aid slot checks are most likely a first check.
[/quote]
Please note where we've only sent spy operations to the three nations who have sent Methrage secret aid. We are [b]100%[/b] accurate so far. Of course the aid slot checks are part of our investigation, but it is a far cry from us assuming you sent the aid.

[quote name='Heinlander' timestamp='1285199375' post='2461496']
What international laws have we broken?
[/quote]

I think you know there is no international law here, just mob rule. That's why it's pointless to call anyone a rogue since if your alliance were held to similar standards it also would fit the definition.

[quote name='lightningjim' timestamp='1285198816' post='2461478']
This sounds really familiar...

Methrage, is that really you? Or am I imagining things?
[/quote]

I just realized that both are also threatening to "defend" themselves on alliances they have committed the first act on. :wacko:

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1285199602' post='2461505']
I think you know there is no international law here, just mob rule. That's why it's pointless to call anyone a rogue since if your alliance were held to similar standards it also would fit the definition.
[/quote]No that just means your definition is dumb.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1285199376' post='2461497']
An aid offer from beef.. something (don't recall the precise name, too lazy too look for it). Cancelled a few seconds later. Too bad i wasn't online to accept the money and soldiers.
[/quote]

Interesting, I should go buy the FAC.

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1285199254' post='2461490']
What would have been funny was if he accepted our aid offers and we're stuck sitting there like idiots using up an aid slot sending $1 to a potential enemy.
[/quote]
Accepting $1 would be a waste of anyone's slots, which is why you offer so little as you guys have more slots to waste on stuff like that, so no one would accept under most circumstances.

[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1285199602' post='2461505']
[/quote]
Part of being a rogue is being unaffiliated with an alliance, so... there goes that!

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1285199804' post='2461511']
Part of being a rogue is being unaffiliated with an alliance, so... there goes that!
[/quote]
I don't see why it can't, you've applied it to alliances when getting KN and OUKMB sanctioned on multiple of colors.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1285199804' post='2461511']
[/quote]

And that right there is the fundamental flaw underlying you and your allies' arguments here regarding the OP's standing in this arena. A right or even wrong acting nation, depending on how one views the author of the OP, is automatically wrong by Planet Bob definition simply because he will not fall in line with the mob (aka alliance) mentality. What, I ask, are alliances without a commonly agreed upon body of international law? They are all rogues.

Edited by Bavaricar

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1285200029' post='2461513']
I don't see why it can't, you've applied it to alliances when getting KN and OUKMB sanctioned on multiple of colors.
[/quote]
Regardless of what you view to be an alliance, we do not view you to be one. Whether or not the team senators agree is up to them!

And before this turns into a discussion on "Who says you can decide what an alliance is?!" - GOONS gets to decide what it considers an alliance. Everyone else gets to do the same, as well. However, regardless of what others view to be an alliance, we will act according to [i]our[/i] definition.

Edit:
[quote name='Bavaricar' timestamp='1285200132' post='2461516']
And that right there is the fundamental flaw underlying you and your allies' arguments here regarding the OP's standing in this arena. A right or even wrong acting nation, depending on how one views the author of the OP, is automatically wrong by Planet Bob definition simply because he will not fall in line with the mob (aka alliance) mentality. What, I ask, are alliances without a commonly agreed upon body of international law? They are all rogues.
[/quote]
Wait what? This doesn't make sense. Let's back up for a second.

A rogue is an unaffilitated nation that acts aggressively (ie: an act of war) towards another entity (generally an alliance). That's what a rogue is! I don't care what other wishy washy definitions you want to attach to it, that's the common accepted convention.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1285199786' post='2461510']
Accepting $1 would be a waste of anyone's slots, which is why you offer so little as you guys have more slots to waste on stuff like that, so no one would accept under most circumstances.
[/quote]

The point is to check their slots and make it unlikely that they'll accept. Why would we check slots with 3mil/50T/2k ?

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1285199738' post='2461509']
Interesting, I should go buy the FAC.
[/quote]

It would be [s]fun[/s] tempting to mess with their heads wouldn't it. If only to fuel the paranoia :)

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1285200214' post='2461518']
Regardless of what you view to be an alliance, we do not view you to be one. Whether or not the team senators agree is up to them!

And before this turns into a discussion on "Who says you can decide what an alliance is?!" - GOONS gets to decide what it considers an alliance. Everyone else gets to do the same, as well. However, regardless of what others view to be an alliance, we will act according to [i]our[/i] definition.
[/quote]
Your definition of what an alliance is, which is at least 15 members, puts your alliance in disagreement with most and attacking small alliances with many of your raids from the viewpoint of most. Thus you are a rogue alliance and any actions taken to prevent you guys from doing more damage is a service to the international community and those you help you are working against the better good, by adding legitimacy to your alliances rogue behavior.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1285200438' post='2461522']
It would be [s]fun[/s] tempting to mess with their heads wouldn't it. If only to fuel the paranoia :)
[/quote]
Yes, we're totally paranoid that people are sending secret aid to Methrage!

Actually, wait, it's a fact that people are sending secret aid to Methrage, and we've discovered all three of them, with zero error.

Or maybe you just aren't sure what paranoia means!

Edit:
[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1285200550' post='2461525']
Your definition of what an alliance is, which is at least 15 members, puts your alliance in disagreement with most and attacking small alliances with many of your raids from the viewpoint of most. Thus you are a rogue alliance and any actions taken to prevent you guys from doing more damage is a service to the international community and those you help you are working against the better good, by adding legitimacy to your alliances rogue behavior.
[/quote]
Go ask some team senators to sanction us. See how far you get.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1285200438' post='2461522']
[/quote]
Send out all the secret aid you want. It's only when Methrage receives some they actually investigate it.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1285200214' post='2461518']
Edit:

Wait what? This doesn't make sense. Let's back up for a second.

A rogue is an unaffilitated nation that acts aggressively (ie: an act of war) towards another entity (generally an alliance). That's what a rogue is! I don't care what other wishy washy definitions you want to attach to it, that's the common accepted convention.
[/quote]

Commonly accepted according to who? The most organized rogues who wreck the nations [b]and alliances[/b] of the less powerful?