Second Non-disbandment Anniversary For Us

Stetson76

[size="3"]Waiving his hands above his head and yelling to the crowd, [b]ladies and gentlemen, please, please be quiet so we can begin![/b] the man at the podium brushes back his trademark cowboy hat to reveal a somewhat older but no less jovial visage than the last time he was on this stage.

As the crowd settles the man begins…

[b]”Ladies and gentlemen, I can appreciate your concern as our previous gatherings have been plagued with hiccups and disasters, some planned and some not, all truly showing that our name and philosophy, SNAFU, is perfect for this distinguished body. I am here to tell you however that there will be no such issues during this announcement. Today is too great a day to allow the fates to weave their tangled skein unchecked and as such every possible precaution has been taken to ensure your safety and the success of this event.”[/b]

As he finishes his opening remarks the worried crowd relaxes a bit and stops staring at the Exit signs as if to will them closer and provide a much faster escape.

[b]”Today is a momentous day for SNAFU,”[/b] he continues, [b]“for today our alliance turns 2 years old. We came together as a group of friends striving to create an environment of family and fun and I believe it is a testament to our success that we can stand here and say two years have been fun but they’re only the beginning!”[/b]

Loud cheers erupt as he finishes this last line but every yell is cut short as the whine of machinery is heard behind the stage. Some people even being to head into the isles ready to make a mad dash to safety. Instead a large screen drops down in the back of the stage with the SNAFU impossible triangle logo proudly displayed upon it.

[b]”In honor of our birthday celebration, I would also like to make a few quick announcements. First of all, SNAFU has reached 1.5 million nation strength for the first time in her existence.”[/b]

The screen flashes and upon it appears:

[center][img] http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn59/Stetson1376/15milNS.png[/img][/center]

The crowd politely applauds having had their nerves finally frayed to the point where, although happy, they are too exhausted to react.

[b]”I would also like to announce the current government of SNAFU. There have been a few changes, but we have been lucky in that these have been peaceful transitions of power allowing our former Directors to still serve the alliance in an advisory role. The current government of SNAFU is.”[/b] Again the screen blinks and the following list appears:

[center]Stetson of Axeland, Grand FUBAR of SNAFU
Madam CaVi of Spehan, Power Behind the Throne

Thoughberry of Newest Amsterdam, In House Leader
Joe32320 of Leland, Out House Leader

Decredpsol of Romulania, Director of Illicit Affairs
Mista Wigga of Silios, Director of Making Nations Rich
Wfbone of COMCS, Director of Damage Control[/center]

[b]”Some of you may have noticed that the Director of Alliance Relations spot is not listed. At this time Joe32320 shall be handling those duties as SNAFU continues to revamp or foreign affairs position. In keeping with that thought, I would like to mention that the PIAT’s held between SNAFU and the alliances of Hydra and Invicta are no longer in effect. It has been some time for the cancellation of both but we agreed that no big formal announcement need mark their passing. I only mention it here for full disclosure.”[/b]

With this somewhat somber note hanging in the air the man pauses and takes a drink of Diet Pepsi. Scanning the crowd he thinks of all of the people who’ve come and gone over the years (he can think that to himself now since it’s literally been multiple years) and finds that he has some regrets, but for the most part, this has been an wonderful experience and a journey upon which he feels he’s but taken a few tentative steps.

With a smile just turning up the corners of his mouth, he addresses the gathering again, [b]”In the finest tradition of SNAFU, we recently had an issue with our forums domain name. We have since resolved the issue, but had to change our web address. We can now be found at www.cnsnafu.com which is identical to the old address except there is no longer a hyphen. Please update your bookmarks and rest assured that nothing has changed about our forums, the arcade is still extensive, your embassies are still standing and most importantly no re-registration is required. Please stop by if it’s been awhile, or join in the fun if you’ve not yet been.”

“It is now time to paaarty and we’ll be living it up in #snafu for the rest of the weekend, so come on by and give your favorite member of SNAFU a couple of birthday spanks!”[/b]

As the man finishes with these words he strides off the stage and into the crowd shaking hands and greeting people who still seem a little stunned that nothing has happened to them this time…

…this time…[/size]

A very young old man pops his head out of a makeshift fallout shelter and looks around rather shocked that the special Happy 2nd Birthday SNAFU nuke did not go out.

"Now what in tarnation?"

He gets out of the shelter and the door shuts with a little click following it. The young old man goes over to the very unconvincingly disguised nuke that was Stetson's podium and begins to kick it repeatedly trying to get something to happen, anything at all. A beeping sound is heard. There is only one minute until a nuclear weapon goes off. With a small giggle, the young elderly individual goes to his fallout shelter, to discover that the click he disregarded was the lock. His widen slightly and with a sigh, he goes over to the camera and turns it on, shy of 30 seconds to his impending doom.

"Two years have passed SNAFUians, two glorious years of forum changes, raccoon invasions, government changes, very odd and physically impossible screw-ups and quite possibly illegal activities, and finally name calling (a la Lil' Tiger). We have not fallen apart, in fact we've grown and I'm sure will continue to grow...."

15 seconds now flash on the little timer to SNAFU 'splosion.

"Umm...to grow stronger as more time passes. I will now spend the last few seconds of my life playing SNAFU's National Anthem for all to enjoy..."

Madonna's [i]Like a Virgin[/i] comes on the airwaves.

"D'oh! Wrong tape, wrong tape!"

5 seconds now flash.

"Gosh darn! Where is the one with the glorious anthem? It had the international philharmonic raccoon-"

A penguin appears on the scene, it caws and waves it's wings around.

"Hey isn't that the experimental, radiation absorbing growing penguin who grows larger and more ferocious when absorbing radiation?...Oh for the love of-"

An implosion goes off and Penguinzilla is born. On a brighter note, a happy fireworks display is happening right behind the Penguin. A few words can be made out as Penguinzilla goes to the city to wreak havoc;

"Happy 2nd Birthday STAPU"

Just another day in the life of SNAFU.

Edited by Adificio Depereo