Kerberos Nexus Announcement

Sephiroth

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1283495588' post='2440099']
[color="#0000FF"]You were going to attack him regardless of what he did, or so I can see from your comments earlier in this discussion. So far as I am concerned this is preemptive self-defense on the part of Methrage.[/color]
[/quote]
We were paid not to attack him. And we had no reason to attack him again. He's starting his own fights.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[color="#0000FF"]You were going to attack him regardless of what he did, or so I can see from your comments earlier in this discussion. So far as I am concerned this is preemptive self-defense on the part of Methrage.[/color]
[/quote]

Ah, there's the old RV we all know and love....when your argument starts to become transparently pointless, make baseless assumptions about the actions that we're [i]going[/i] to take. Good job, ol' chap. Anything to keep the blood flowing, eh?

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283495441' post='2440091']
His second in command decided to declare 3 wars against us today. We approached Methrage and asked why. Methrage said he must've been bored. We asked for peace and said we would begin to negotiate reps later. Instead, Methrage declared 3 wars against us.

[/quote]

I'd just like to quote this so you can read it again, Recession. If you were familiar with Methrage's history you'd know that lies and rhetoric are just par for the course, he has a long, long track record of saying one thing while doing another. He can paint the situation any way he likes, facts are facts.

[quote name='The Reccesion' timestamp='1283495793' post='2440107']
I have no interest in the past

funner
[/quote]

Ah, I see I'm wasting my time. Oh well.

Edited by magicmountain

[color="#0000GG"]preemptive self-defense.[/color]
[/quote]

When all this is over remind me to steal this excuse. I like it.

Scoreboard is Koop 4 - Methrage 0, by the way. Thanks for the cash homey!

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283495441' post='2440091']
Um, try to follow along.

We fought Methrage in the past. It was a long and boring battle. We were eventually paid by TOP for his release. Not only did we stop fighting Methrage, but it was in our best interests to stay completely uninvolved. Even if we wanted to fight him again we wouldn't have.

His second in command decided to declare 3 wars against us today. We approached Methrage and asked why. Methrage said he must've been bored. We asked for peace and said we would begin to negotiate reps later. Instead, Methrage declared 3 wars against us.

Methrage is a rogue. We did not start this fight. He and his buddy both attacked us [i]for no reason, with no CB[/i]. We were in a position to not engage Meth again had he let it go, but he didn't. You supporting him is supporting a rogue. We only did a DoW in response to him and his friend declaring 6 aggressive wars against GOONS for no reason.
[/quote]
I have no interest in the past, I have no idea what happened then. But I do agree his second in command is wrong and should be punished but from reading this thread, I got that Meth said if you guys attack back then you guys don't get reps and then you guys didn't agree. That is when he attacked, you guys should roll him. I'm not saying you guys shouldn't.

I think he is amusing and makes CN funner by doing stupid things and I like him for that. CN is very boring and this is a lot funner to read instead of those boring old raid dramas.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283495587' post='2440098']
You need to read what you write before you post, if its not good don't use it. Bad posting is what you do a lot, which means you don't stop ever and its beginning to be hard to tell if its on purpose or a special power bestowed upon you by admin himself to ward off any sense if thought.
[/quote]

I think it's absolutely precious that you made up a whole government structure and five separate classes of members for a two man alliance. Like any day now the masses will rush to join Kerberos Nexus, so we'd better be prepared! Adorable.

[quote name='magicmountain' timestamp='1283495738' post='2440104']
If you were familiar with Methrage's history you'd know that lies and rhetoric are just par for the course, he has a long, long track record of saying one thing while doing another. He can paint the situation any way he likes, facts are facts.
[/quote]
And by that you mean everything I say is fact, but you don't like the way it paints your alliance. ;)

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283495587' post='2440098']
You need to read what you write before you post, if its not good don't use it.[/quote]

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283495587' post='2440098']its beginning to be hard to tell if its on purpose or a special power bestowed upon you by admin himself to ward off any sense if thought.[/quote]

A special power bestowed upon me by admin himself to ward off any sense if thought?

My irony gauge just shattered.

Edited by Dr Beefstupid

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283495845' post='2440110']
And by that you mean everything I say is fact, but you don't like the way it paints your alliance. ;)
[/quote]

Amazing deduction. 5 + duck = blue.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1283495719' post='2440103']
Ah, there's the old RV we all know and love....when your argument starts to become transparently pointless, make baseless assumptions about the actions that we're [i]going[/i] to take. Good job, ol' chap. Anything to keep the blood flowing, eh?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Considering GOONS for the first two pages of this discussion simply implied threats and their desire to attack Methrage, it is quite clear you what you would be doing. Predictable. You are not true until proven false.[/color]

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283495845' post='2440110']
[/quote]

Your way with words is second only to your way with war. Welcome back, we've certainly missed you.

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1283495899' post='2440112']
A special power bestowed upon me by admin himself to ward off any sense if thought?

My irony gauge just shattered.
[/quote]
I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually, doesn't take much thinking...

[quote name='The Reccesion' timestamp='1283495793' post='2440107']
I got that Meth said if you guys attack back then you guys don't get reps and then you guys didn't agree. That is when he attacked, you guys should roll him. I'm not saying you guys shouldn't.
[/quote]
Um, he said that if we declared/attacked back we'd waive the rights to any reps. Not that he'd declare an alliance war against us.

Not only that, we DIDN'T attack him. He attacked us FOR NO REASON. We were happily negotiating peace and reps, and he decided to attack us. There was no reason. His buddy declared 3 wars, we were negotiating peace, he declared 3 wars. Look at the war screen if you want. We didn't declare or act aggressively. He just decided to escalate it out of boredom.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1283496019' post='2440116']
[color="#0000FF"]Considering GOONS for the first two pages of this discussion simply implied threats and their desire to attack Methrage, it is quite clear you what you would be doing. Predictable. You are not true until proven false.[/color]
[/quote]

You'd spew this same rhetoric even if we had offered to take care of Methrage's goldfish while he was vacationing in La-La Land. More than predictable.

[/quote]

I agree. I think GOONS in this case was a little too quick to make vague statements about their displeasure at an alliance they don't like when it posted its announcement. People shouldn't do that.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283496138' post='2440120']
I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually, doesn't take much thinking...
[/quote]

Your attempts to insult my intelligence with words are pitiful. It is truly your actions that insult my intelligence.

[color="#0000FF"]Predictable. You are not true until proven false.[/color]
[/quote]
Wait, "you are not true until proven false?"

You're only true when you're proven not to be?

What are you before if neither?

[quote name='Dr Beefstupid' timestamp='1283496187' post='2440123']
I agree. I think GOONS in this case was a little too quick to make vague statements about their displeasure at an alliance they don't like when it posted its announcement. People shouldn't do that.
[/quote]
Seems we can agree on one thing at least, GOONS were wrong in this situation and doing things they shouldn't leading to this. Seems you are learning people shouldn't do some things GOONS do often.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283496385' post='2440126']
Wait, "you are not true until proven false?"

You're only true when you're proven not to be?

What are you before if neither?
[/quote]

I don't know. RV is usually right about this sort of thing.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283496175' post='2440121']
Um, he said that if we declared/attacked back we'd waive the rights to any reps. Not that he'd declare an alliance war against us.

Not only that, we DIDN'T attack him. He attacked us FOR NO REASON. We were happily negotiating peace and reps, and he decided to attack us. There was no reason. His buddy declared 3 wars, we were negotiating peace, he declared 3 wars. Look at the war screen if you want. We didn't declare or act aggressively. He just decided to escalate it out of boredom.
[/quote]
Well technically speaking he didn't DoW on you guys. :P

But your right, Meth was wrong. But he jumped the gun because you guys were [b]kinda[/b] threatening him anyways. I mean having 10 GOONS jumping into this thread didn't help either.

In the end, you guys did a DoW instead of handling the situation diplomatically because Meth has said he will agree to peace in this thread and your guys have all said that they are not interested in peace.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283496468' post='2440127']
Seems we can agree on one thing at least, GOONS were wrong in this situation and doing things they shouldn't leading to this. Seems you are learning people shouldn't do some things GOONS do often.
[/quote]

Okay, we'll try not to make negative remarks about you while you declare jihad on our alliance. We wouldn't want to offend anyone.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283496468' post='2440127']
[/quote]

We were [b]wrong[/b] about the way we were attacked by people on your AA. How dare us. Seriously, how do you make it through the day without wandering into a lake and drowning yourself?

[quote name='The Reccesion' timestamp='1283496557' post='2440129']
In the end, you guys did a DoW instead of handling the situation diplomatically because Meth has said he will agree to peace in this thread and your guys have all said that they are not interested in peace.
[/quote]
Are you deaf? We were handling the situation diplomatically by requesting peace. His response was to declare more on us.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1283496715' post='2440134']
Are you deaf? We were handling the situation diplomatically by requesting peace. His response was to declare more on us.
[/quote]
Yeah but he said you guys can't hit his buddy back and if you do you guys don't get reps. That is where everything goes wrong. Threats are taken very seriously nowadays... ask TOP and co. :P