Helping Sparta

The MVP

[quote name='Shakira' timestamp='1283447141' post='2439263']
They have nothing better to do.
[/quote]

Which is obviously the nature of your fellow member. Ghosts are to be dealt by the AA involved and not to be attacked at anyone else's discretion, ghost or not.

Some alliances may not take it as well as Sparta has.

Edited by nutkase

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1283449052' post='2439296']
Which is obviously the nature of your fellow member. Ghosts are to be dealt by the AA involved and not to be attacked at anyone else's discretion, ghost or not.

Some alliances may not take it as well as Sparta has.
[/quote]

Says you, thankfully for me it doesn't involve you. You're just here to complain, I'm here to entertain.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1283449974' post='2439318']
Says you, thankfully for me it doesn't involve you. You're just here to complain, I'm here to entertain.
[/quote]

When you make a thread about it, you are looking to involve everyone.

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='jgolla' timestamp='1283429437' post='2439069']
For an alliance that takes care of their own ghosts, this is probably true. But if an alliance does not take care of its ghost problem, it is conceivable that they would have ghosts of greater size.
[/quote]

I was involved in ghostbusting when I joined Sparta. It took me two tech deals to get out of the useful range. Young leaders (like myself) do not have the patience to stay [u]that[/u] small. I'll probably have to get through another long war to not care too much about nation building so I get to have 600 soldiers and level one airplanes fun.

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1283452862' post='2439364']
The phrase you were looking for is: "you are looking for attention".
[/quote]

This coming from the "diarch" that centers its alliance on taking shots on NSO and thrives on what they do. You're sad I've achieved more attention than your alliance can ever hope to muster. Then again, that's not saying much and it's meant as a slight towards me more than towards you.

Anyways I've declared on a new ghost and peaced out on the nation now ghosting Legion.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1283465867' post='2439542']
I made a thread (on your forums) and haven't attacked yet.
[/quote]

That doesn't sound much like asking to me.
Sounds just like this thread, but in a different location.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1283465934' post='2439545']
I'm pretty sure I said this would get out of hand. Now he's just helping himself to your AA. Looks like a rogue if I've ever seen one.
[/quote]

If those were my intentions would I be asking Sparta if their members are ghosts or not? Above your post you'll notice I have not conducted attacks on the newly declared on nation. If that's me, "helping myself to Sparta's nations" then okay why not.

You're honesty grasping at something that isn't there. You can't believe that I would help Sparta and have honest intentions because my actions seem far from the case. So like a mad man you drive yourself insane trying to find fault in what I'm doing yet so far you haven't.

The nation I attacked has over 100 tech, is inactive and has an efficiency of 5.4 something or other. My assumption is that nation isn't logging on to Sparta's forums or could in fact be a ghost. Either that or isn't seeking the help his alliance can offer. So I deduce, from that, he is in fact a ghost. If he is not, I will simply peace him out and since I didn't even conduct operations against him, although I certainly could have, no harm was done.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1283466071' post='2439548']
If those were my intentions would I be asking Sparta if their members are ghosts or not?[/quote]
Did you ask [b]before[/b] you declared on the first one? What about the other two? Not before you launched attacks. Before you declared. If not, you're in the wrong here. Whether Sparta takes action against you or not. You should be happy that they're not taking more of an issue with it than they are because frankly, most would.

[quote]So like a mad man you drive yourself insane trying to find fault in what I'm doing yet so far you haven't.[/quote]
Yes, I'm clearly a mad man for saying that attacking someone's AA can be considered a rogue action. Clearly I've lost my mind.

Perhaps I declared prematurely but I'm going to rectify that now. Also I love the, "If I were Sparta I'd soooooooo hurt you!" comments. Keep them coming, it sort of shows me which alliances to help out with their ghosts and which not to. :P

Also:

[quote]To: The MVP From: Howlin Mad Date: 9/1/2010 8:35:22 PM

Subject: Thanking you now

Sort of puts into perspective how you all are perceiving it and how they are, lol.

Edited by The MVP

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1283466640' post='2439555']
Perhaps I declared prematurely but I'm going to rectify that now. Also I love the, "If I were Sparta I'd soooooooo hurt you!" comments. Keep them coming, it's making them look good. :P
[/quote]
I'm just making a point to show that you're obviously playing a game of chicken and you happen to have won this time. You're obviously aware of that, but your attempt at making this seem like the act of a good Samaritan to misdirect the intention of your actions isn't fooling everyone.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1283466830' post='2439560']
I'm just making a point to show that you're obviously playing a game of chicken and you happen to have won this time. You're obviously aware of that, but your attempt at making this seem like the act of a good Samaritan to misdirect the intention of your actions isn't fooling everyone.
[/quote]

Until harm is done you can't really say that, until then you're just assuming the worst.

[quote name='jgolla' timestamp='1283429437' post='2439069']
For an alliance that takes care of their own ghosts, this is probably true. But if an alliance does not take care of its ghost problem, it is conceivable that they would have ghosts of greater size. Publishing this list of ghosts would be a determent to that alliance if they were in a war, because the attacking alliance would know exactly who to hit and who not to hit.
[/quote]

I see what you mean now. Thanks for the clarification.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1283435724' post='2439122']
MHA have 108 nations on their AA under 1K NS, 78 under 500 NS. It is clear that if they have 150-200 ghosts that some of them are quite a bit bigger than that.
[/quote]

I used to be in the NPO and we delt with ghosts right away, so they weren't allowed to get very big. I suppose MHA doesn't deal with their ghosts swiftly or care if that's the case.

[quote name='Ketther' timestamp='1283456166' post='2439404']
I was involved in ghostbusting when I joined Sparta. It took me two tech deals to get out of the useful range. Young leaders (like myself) do not have the patience to stay [u]that[/u] small. I'll probably have to get through another long war to not care too much about nation building so I get to have 600 soldiers and level one airplanes fun.
[/quote]

Like I said, most ghosts are small and it's difficult to find people in range to attack them. Maybe you could encourage your new nations to bust a few ghosts before they begin to grow. It's easy war experience and in most cases the ghosts are inactive. It would help clean up some of the ghosts :P

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1283466984' post='2439561']
Until harm is done you can't really say that, until then you're just assuming the worst.
[/quote]
Just like you've assumed the nations you've declared on are ghosts. You seem to be a fan of assumptions so I assume you won't have a problem with me partaking in them.

But just like your assumptions, mine are based on some superficial findings. The fact that you're in the NSO would be one possible indicator as to your actions. That's not an insult at all mind you. Many alliances cater to an implicit or implied niche of some kind. Even my own alliance does to some degree. I see NSO's niche, or at least perceived niche, as a place of free thinkers and boundary pushers. You would fit into that assumption well given your actions here.

The fact that your nation bio says you're leaving the game after "this war" indicates your boredom/disinterest with the current world politics. Possibly indicating that you're looking for something to entertain yourself with before you finally take off. In that mind set, your game of chicken makes perfect sense considering that if you win, you derive entertainment from an otherwise boring and pointless game. And if you lose, you're leaving anyway so no great loss.

And then of course there's simple greed. Raid targets can be hard to come by so why not push the envelope (as we've already discussed) and discover the previously uncharted territory of AA ghosts?

Like I said, your attempted misdirection of your intentions won't fool everyone. I have a very hard time believing that the well being and integrity of Sparta's AA is in the forefront of the NSO consciousness.

Edited by Captain Flinders

I joined NSO for a brief period and to only fight a war. Whatever beef NSO has with Sparta in particular I really didn't see any to be quite honest with you.

You're right I'm doing it for entertainment, I even admitted to it earlier. So? I think this is a unique and cool concept I'm doing. If Sparta isn't offended or being hurt by this I really don't see the harm in it. We both benefity. They lose ghosts, I gain resources and a little bit of fun on the way out. If I hit a land mine, i.e. an actual Spartan nation that is a true member, I'll simply stop attacks and find more ghosts to hit.

That's really it, I'm not sure why you're overanalyzing so much although you're right my main motivation is to entertain. However you assuming my secondar motivation would be to embarass Sparta isn't true.

[quote name='jgolla' timestamp='1283366431' post='2438370']
If alliances did that, it would get rid of using ghosts as meat shields in major conflicts and make targeting the actual alliance easier.

I am in favor of alliances taking care of their own business with respect to ghosts. If they want help, I am sure they would ask for it.
[/quote]

It's a sad sad day when the once proud Pacifica borrows from the Big Book of MHA Strategy. Where is the ORDER in allowing ghosts to suckle on the teat of mother Pacifica and claim her protection without giving anything in return? I can't think of any possible reason an Order would want to promote the idea that you can happily remain outside of the system and yet gain the main benefit of membership - protection.

I encourage you to speak out against this madness within your alliance before Vlad has contortions trying to work "ghosts are good" into his Francoist wafflings.

Edited by Grumpdogg

[quote name='Grumpdogg' timestamp='1283469946' post='2439584']
It's a sad sad day when the once proud Pacifica borrows from the Big Book of MHA Strategy. Where is the ORDER in allowing ghosts to suckle on the teat of mother Pacifica and claim her protection without giving anything in return? I can't think of any possible reason an Order would want to promote the idea that you can happily remain outside of the system and yet gain the main benefit of membership - protection.

I encourage you to speak out against this madness within your alliance before Vlad has contortions trying to work "ghosts are good" into his Francoist wafflings.
[/quote]

You misunderstood what I was trying to say. I meant an alliance, that allowed ghosts to hide under their AA, would lose "using ghosts as meat shield". Surely a fellow Order member knows that Pacifica does not and will never stand for ghosts hiding under our AA.