MHA Announcement

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to see the Harmlins end but I guess it was beyond repair.

Kudos for covering Gramlins back, despite disagreeing with them, and pressuring them to peace out with IRON. Also Kudos for covering their AA until their members who want to leave can do so.

The haters are just spouting the company line and their opinions are pretty much worthless. Just note what alliances are spouting off the loudest and file it for future reference.

Edited by Jocko Homo

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1280723937' post='2397927']
Apparently that is how treaties work in MHA, and apparently they can just refuse to honor them when it suits them. I guess we all know exactly how much our MHA treaties are worth. :P
[/quote]

I remember a certain uncancellable Order of Orders treaty.

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1280723937' post='2397927']
Apparently that is how treaties work in MHA, and apparently they can just refuse to honor them when it suits them. I guess we all know exactly how much our MHA treaties are worth. :P
[/quote]

All treaties have an understood "Void if you are acting like a douche" clause. So you have nothing to worry about unless you are ....

[quote name='caligula' timestamp='1280724446' post='2397937']
I remember a certain uncancellable Order of Orders treaty.
[/quote]

I found another similarity. Both times MHA pushed to have an eternal treaty canceled.

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1280724646' post='2397939']
I found another similarity. Both times MHA pushed to have an eternal treaty canceled.
[/quote]

You really do need to move on.

The first treaty has already been dismissed and was not cancelled by us, rather by you when you ventured off and attacked OV, I was in TORN when you left us to dry...etc... but that's not about that.

We've done all we can for our brothers, i can't say the same for you.

Edited by caligula

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1280724585' post='2397938']
All treaties have an understood "Void if you are acting like a douche" clause. So you have nothing to worry about unless you are ....
[/quote]
All treaties have what's written into them. Sure, every alliance has the sovereign right to do or not do whatever they want, but they have to be willing to deal with the consequences. MHA signed an "unbreakable" treaty. It's well within their prerogative to void it. But we all have pretty good ground to give them hell for it and take their actions into consideration in future affairs.

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1280721298' post='2397889']
I'd probably care more if they were even the first alliance to cancel an "uncancelable", "eternal" treaty that bonded two alliances together, but they aren't, so by this point I can't really muster more than a meh.
[/quote]

Wait, whey weren't the first to cancel an cancel "uncancelable", "eternal" treaty that bonded two alliances together.

Somebody please tell me all about it!

[jocko pulls up a chair]

[quote name='caligula' timestamp='1280724768' post='2397941']

The first treaty has already been dismissed and was not cancelled by us, rather by you when you ventured off and attacked OV, I was in TORN when you left us to dry...etc... but that's not about that.

[/quote]

I was talking about the Ordinance of the Orders, which MHA was one of the big pushers behind it being eventually canceled. After it was cancelled, we still protected them for a long time from the likes of you. If you want to talk history, I can do that.

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1280725017' post='2397945']
I was talking about the Ordinance of the Orders, which MHA was one of the big pushers behind it being eventually canceled. After it was cancelled, we still protected them for a long time from the likes of you. If you want to talk history, I can do that.
[/quote]

Gee, so all that stuff about being traitors applies to you too, then?

Thanks for making my point.

[/quote]

MHA canceled the "Ordinance of the Orders"?

Wow, that's news to me :wacko: I could have SWORN that YOU were somehow involved. :awesome:

[/quote]
Hey, who canceled the Ordinance of the Orders again? I don't remember MHA posting that announcement or their name being on it...

[quote name='caligula']I remember a certain uncancellable Order of Orders treaty.[/quote]
You do? I can't say I've ever heard of a treaty by that name.

[quote name='caligula' timestamp='1280724768' post='2397941']

[/quote]
Heh, and thus the truth of the matter is revealed. Ex-TORN eh? Of course you have to demonise us, can't have everyone knowing you were played for fools by people who you should have realised had every interest in seeing you pull out of the war. Conveniently you can also use it to justify your current alliance's actions. Nice when things come together isn't it?

Edited by WorldConqueror

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1280725191' post='2397948']
Hey, who canceled the Ordinance of the Orders again? I don't remember MHA posting that announcement or their name being on it...
[/quote]

Apparently we are all living in Dilbers Bizarro world. :awesome:

This move is completely understandable. Gre is a dead alliance, and by their own hands, for the longest time hiding behind this very treaty in doing so.

While I cannot really bash you for doing something I've supported in discussions about it, don't sign anymore neverending/year cancellation period treaties. They're stupid.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1280722015' post='2397904']
Aw, Mr. Damsky is trying to put words in my mouth :wub:
[/quote]

:wub:

Sadly that's what would happen. If you let people pick and choose their fights they're going to choose the winning side. It's only natural.

[quote name='caligula' timestamp='1280725104' post='2397946']
Gee, so all that stuff about being traitors applies to you too, then?

Thanks for making my point.
[/quote]

I've already dealt with it since then. Congrats on admitting to being in the fellow group of "traitors".

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1280724357' post='2397935']
I just wanted an excuse to use Blingee. :colbert:

Also, they're totally beating me 2-1.
[/quote]

lol well played, sir.

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1280725493' post='2397954']
I've already dealt with it since then. Congrats on admitting to being in the fellow group of "traitors".
[/quote]

Yeah, Dilber is a traitor from way back. Remember, he even left NPO when they were being beaten down and ran to NSO to save his skin. He's a first rate traitor that Dilber is. :lol1:

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1280725628' post='2397956']
Yeah, Dilber is a traitor from way back. Remember, he even left NPO when they were being beaten down and ran to NSO to save his skin. He's a first rate traitor that Dilber is. :lol1:
[/quote]

What? I left NPO to fight in the last war.

[quote name='Guido' timestamp='1280725645' post='2397957']
Ah another unbreakable treaty. MHA is so fail.
[/quote]
Okay, the NPO posts bashing MHA here are massively hypocritical. You also canceled an unbreakable treaty. You're in the same boat here.

Consistency Check: I supported NPO ending that treaty as I support MHA ending this one. In addendum, as I said before, eternal treaties or treaties with absurdly long cancellation periods are very stupid.

wow there's some hardcore hate on for NPO/Dilber still eh? I mean I was mostly kidding and I was actually in the alliance that got shafted.

all he's saying is that MHA was lobbying NPO pretty hard, it's not a secret, and yes obviously it's an admission of guilt. Pointing out the obvious doesn't make you a super-sleuth who just backed his suspect into a corner... it just makes you look petty.