STA July Press Conference

Welcome to the Siberian Tiger Alliance's July Press Conference. We really don't have a whole lot going on right now. The Cyberverse is pretty quiet and so are we right now. But here we are anyway! You are free to ask what you'd like regarding STA's internal workings, foreign policies and positions on issues.

[quote name='sethb' date='12 July 2010 - 10:37 AM' timestamp='1278945460' post='2368090']
How would you say your embassy free Foreign policy has worked out so far?
[/quote]

There hasn't been a difference at all, other than we no longer get messages from other alliances about someone being a jerk in our embassy on their forum. I don't think much real diplomacy has happened in embassies in years, so people still come to government for the same stuff they always have, and no one has to have fake, forced communications with anyone. It's awesome.

[quote name='Atlashill' date='12 July 2010 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1278946523' post='2368098']
How goes the Siberian Cup? That's the one section of Tyga's bi-weekly reports I always enjoyed reading.
[/quote]

I have no idea about the Siberian Cup. It's still happening because I see the posts in the recently updated link, but I honestly don't even know what it is. But I'll bet someone else does, and they'll be along to let you know.

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='12 July 2010 - 11:23 AM' timestamp='1278948191' post='2368118']
Can you confirm or deny the rumors that Tyga has been dead for months and STA is basically being run Weekend-at-Bernie's-style.
[/quote]

Deny!

[IMG]http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa207/pezstar/tygalives.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' date='12 July 2010 - 12:17 PM' timestamp='1278951412' post='2368154']
I hardly need to ask STA's position on OOC actions, but what is your position on IC punishments for an OOC action? What do you think would be viable alternatives if there are any?
[/quote]

You can't have it both ways. If you approve of IC punishments for OOC actions, you have to approve of OOC punishment for IC actions. That's the nature of the line we've drawn. Leave all of the OOC crap out of it, period. It has no place here, via punishment, actions or whatever. Also, I hope you were thinking about TIO's threats to OO when you were asking this question. That was pretty pathetic.

The IC world and the OOC world are different places. In the Cyberverse, I rule a nation, and govern the foreign affairs of an alliance of nations. OOC, I'm a 30 year old bald girl. One world has no bearing on the other in any way, and those who try to combine them suck.

Edited by pezstar

Most "OOC" actions that deserve punishment are typically performed with the intention of gaining some IC advantage and aren't completely OOC in principle anyway. If this question was prompted by the recent Vasuda/Xiphosis incident, I think it is appropriate to levy an IC penalty as it seems likely that the thread in question was designed to erode public opinion of Xiphosis for an IC reason.

[quote name='bzelger' date='12 July 2010 - 12:31 PM' timestamp='1278952248' post='2368173']
Most "OOC" actions that deserve punishment are typically performed with the intention of gaining some IC advantage and aren't completely OOC in principle anyway. If this question was prompted by the recent Vasuda/Xiphosis incident, I think it is appropriate to levy an IC penalty as it seems likely that the thread in question was designed to erode public opinion of Xiphosis for an IC reason.
[/quote]

I didn't really view that (really stupid) situation as OOC. It discussed Xiphosis the character, rather that whoever it is who may be behind Xiph.

I was actually thinking about the bringing of OOC information into an IC scenario such as with Xiph, but it wasn't the ideal example for my question. Afraid I don't know of the TIO/OO issue you mention, my activity has been somewhat erratic lately (after I genuinely laughed and spilt orange juice all over my laptop <_< )

[quote name='Hymenbreach' date='12 July 2010 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1278957734' post='2368277']
As someone, like myself, who never obeyed a gag order, what is STA's view on such?
[/quote]

I don't think we've ever imposed one. There have been a couple of times when Tyga or Uhtred have told me to get away from a thread and shut up, but I'm not sure I actually listened. I think I did once.

[quote name='pezstar' date='12 July 2010 - 12:32 PM' timestamp='1278952334' post='2368178']
I didn't really view that (really stupid) situation as OOC. It discussed Xiphosis the character, rather that whoever it is who may be behind Xiph.
[/quote]

I disagree. I thought it was OOC because it revealed what Xiphosis does in a realm outside of this; not the Xiphosis of this world. When we're dealing with characteristics, it's pretty easy to muddle up the differences. For example, if I was to say that I am a singer in the other realm, one would automatically come up with predispositions on my traits in the Cyberverse. But ultimately, if someone was to attack the fact that I was a singer in another realm, that would constitute an OOC action; just like the fact if someone insulted my mother in another realm it would constitute an OOC action. But I digress. I've talked too much about non-fun stuff.

In other news: how's it going?

[quote name='bzelger' date='12 July 2010 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1278952248' post='2368173']
[/quote]

Just a curious follow up, If Vasuda would have been one of your fellow government members would you have expelled him and let GOD do whatever they pleased with his nation?

Why haven't you dropped Silence yet, they are a terrible alliance? ;)

Have you had anyone raid your cadets, because their charter lets them since your announcement?

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='12 July 2010 - 02:36 PM' timestamp='1278959767' post='2368314']
Just a curious follow up, If Vasuda would have been one of your fellow government members would you have expelled him and let GOD do whatever they pleased with his nation?

Why haven't you dropped Silence yet, they are a terrible alliance? ;)

Have you had anyone raid your cadets, because their charter lets them since your announcement?
[/quote]

No. We wouldn't have. That said, we're also not likely to have government members who would behave that way.

We love our Silence buddies.

Yes. We have had another cadet raid. No one has refused to peace out or pay reps though. :)

[quote name='pezstar' date='12 July 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1278945602' post='2368091']
There hasn't been a difference at all, other than we no longer get messages from other alliances about someone being a jerk in our embassy on their forum. I don't think much real diplomacy has happened in embassies in years, so people still come to government for the same stuff they always have, and no one has to have fake, forced communications with anyone. It's awesome.
[/quote]
I can imagine, I've finally gotten around to doing something similar at VE.

If I baked the world's largest cookie... I mean I'm not talking about those puny things the town bakery puts together as a PR event every year at the fair... I mean the world's largest cookie... hands down... how long would it take Tyga to eat it?

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='12 July 2010 - 11:01 PM' timestamp='1278990085' post='2368913']
If I baked the world's largest cookie... I mean I'm not talking about those puny things the town bakery puts together as a PR event every year at the fair... I mean the world's largest cookie... hands down... how long would it take Tyga to eat it?
[/quote]

Rakari, Zuli and I would eat the hell out of that cookie before Tyga even got to see it.

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='12 July 2010 - 11:01 PM' timestamp='1278990099' post='2368914']
Why the Hell isn't your IRC channel #sta?
[/quote]

Because that's our secret channel's name.

Actually, it isn't. I have no idea, but now that I know it annoys you, the official answer is "Because having to type out #siberian_tigers annoys Schatt" It's the underscore. Damn that underscore.

[quote name='New Frontier' date='12 July 2010 - 11:59 PM' timestamp='1278993528' post='2368980']
Schatt's first question made me lol.Different month, same question.How do you feel about Cheyenne?
[/quote]

Who? What?

[quote name='Uralica' date='13 July 2010 - 12:37 AM' timestamp='1278995812' post='2369013']
What is the current Twinkie situation in Tygaland? :P
[/quote]

They're running high, since me, Zuli and Rakari have been too busy eating the giant cookie Lintwad sent over.

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='13 July 2010 - 04:01 AM' timestamp='1278990099' post='2368914']
Why the Hell isn't your IRC channel #sta?
[/quote]
There was some guy already idling in #sta when Tyga went to register it so rather than wait for him to come back and give Tyga the ops Tyga registered #siberian_tigers instead. I actually prefer this name as it keeps out some of the more illiterate, although it does unfortunately attract furries occasionally.

[quote name='Uhtred' date='13 July 2010 - 09:59 AM' timestamp='1279029550' post='2369284']
There was some guy already idling in #sta when Tyga went to register it so rather than wait for him to come back and give Tyga the ops Tyga registered #siberian_tigers instead. I actually prefer this name as it keeps out some of the more illiterate, although it does unfortunately attract furries occasionally.
[/quote]

We are FULL of furries. Out of 100 some odd members, we have 67 furries.

[quote name='Uhtred' date='13 July 2010 - 09:59 AM' timestamp='1279029550' post='2369284']
[/quote]

Let me tell you: your channel has become an adventure. Every time I try to find it, even though I should know this, I end up typing in 3 or 4 variations before I finally realize it's an underscore and not a dash. I am beginning to feel as if this is some sort of demonic plot in a bizarre attempt to get me to waste my time. I demand my time back!