STA July Press Conference

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='13 July 2010 - 11:28 AM' timestamp='1279034865' post='2369330']
Let me tell you: your channel has become an adventure. Every time I try to find it, even though I should know this, I end up typing in 3 or 4 variations before I finally realize it's an underscore and not a dash. I am beginning to feel as if this is some sort of demonic plot in a bizarre attempt to get me to waste my time. I demand my time back!
[/quote]

I do it too, nearly every time I need to do a fresh connect.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='13 July 2010 - 10:28 AM' timestamp='1279034865' post='2369330']
Let me tell you: your channel has become an adventure. Every time I try to find it, even though I should know this, I end up typing in 3 or 4 variations before I finally realize it's an underscore and not a dash. I am beginning to feel as if this is some sort of demonic plot in a bizarre attempt to get me to waste my time. I demand my time back!
[/quote]
Glad to know I'm not the only one.

[quote name='pezstar' date='13 July 2010 - 09:12 AM' timestamp='1279037541' post='2369362']
I do it too, nearly every time I need to do a fresh connect.
[/quote]

Indeed. mIRC has the favorite channel list you can just add it into. Or you can just add it to your auto-join list.

[quote name='pezstar' date='12 July 2010 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1278951941' post='2368167']
You can't have it both ways. If you approve of IC punishments for OOC actions, you have to approve of OOC punishment for IC actions. That's the nature of the line we've drawn. Leave all of the OOC crap out of it, period. It has no place here, via punishment, actions or whatever. Also, I hope you were thinking about TIO's threats to OO when you were asking this question. That was pretty pathetic.

The IC world and the OOC world are different places. In the Cyberverse, I rule a nation, and govern the foreign affairs of an alliance of nations. OOC, I'm a 30 year old bald girl. One world has no bearing on the other in any way, and those who try to combine them suck.
[/quote]

Just curious if you are calling the situation pathetic or TIO?

[quote name='The Syndic' date='14 July 2010 - 01:47 AM' timestamp='1279086417' post='2370570']
Just curious if you are calling the situation pathetic or TIO?
[/quote]

The fact that TIO actually threatened war over it is pathetic. The fact that there were actually alliances willing to support it is even more pathetic. I have faith that cooler heads will prevail in the future. Not thinking highly of Skippy is no fun for me.

[quote name='Mandellav' date='14 July 2010 - 02:11 AM' timestamp='1279087873' post='2370595']
Do you think there is an alliance actively pursuing CnG membership?

Do you believe CnG and SF have acted "hegemonically" in recent months?
[/quote]

I haven't heard anything about anyone persuing CnG membership, but if there was someone, there's an even chance we wouldn't know about it until just before it was signed, in a courtesy "hey, we're about to sign with so and so" message. We knew about the Vanguard-MK merger months in advance, and I think everyone knew about ODN joining quite a bit ahead of time, but we didn't know about GOD signing with MK until a few days beforehand. So I really don't know.

Hegemonically? I think a lot of people forget just how brazen and outright bad things got at times with the "Hegemony" in control. Whenever there is a dominant force, the other side of the treaty web is going to dislike them. I remember how those in charged in the days of the hegemony treated the Cyberverse, and C&G and SF aren't doing that. That said, I can tell you that we are disappointed in the way things turned out. While it would have certainly been naive of us to think that everything would be sunshine and kittens once the dust settled from the Karma war, we did not appreciate some of the sheer extortion that happened from folks who were not directly in C&G after the Second Unjust War. That said, the biggest perpetrator there was a former Hegemonic alliance, so I guess it was just par for the course for them. There are things that raise eyebrows, but it's a pretty far cry from the old Hegemony days. That said, I wasn't kidding last night when I said that STA would rather be tied to Valhalla than be tied to GOD and GOONS, as we currently are through just one short hop on the treaty web.

[quote name='pezstar' date='14 July 2010 - 01:17 PM' timestamp='1279109848' post='2370798']
That said, I wasn't kidding last night when I said that STA would rather be tied to Valhalla than be tied to GOD and GOONS, as we currently are through just one short hop on the treaty web.
[/quote]
How likely is that?

[quote name='Believland' date='14 July 2010 - 10:52 AM' timestamp='1279119145' post='2370944']
Thoughts about downgrading treaties to ODP's and ODoA so you don't have to defend your friends' friends?
[/quote]

As far as we're concerned, ODPs and ODoAs are useless, pointless treaties, as all alliances have those treaties with all other alliances automatically. It's called sovereignty.

As I stated in my previous post, our treaties are all non-chaining. Though we've never invoked that clause in them, others have, and we would be willing to consider invoking it. That said, we're not likely to sit there and just watch one of our allies die.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='14 July 2010 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1279152641' post='2371819']
Do you support the Moldavi Doctrine?
[/quote]

My favorite part of the Moldavi Doctrine is the entertainment it brings as soon as there is any conflict somewhere and folks say "WILL NSO USE THE MOLDAVI DOCTRINE?!?!". I laugh at this because people look at is as such a huge, groundbreaking thing, when in reality it is simply an acknowledgment of the sovereignty that every alliance has. So yes! I absolutely support the Moldavi Doctrine. Also, go sovereignty!