Help for a small alliance?

Drugnut

My alliance is [url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?Alliance=United%20Foundation"]United Foundation[/url] we have been attacked without provocation by [url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?Alliance=Nutty%20North%20Koreans"]nutty north koreans[/url]. And my nation [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=390052"]Cocaine[/url] was nuked today. If there is anything anyone can do to help, it would be most appreciated.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmm.

http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance%2CReceiving_Alliance&search=Nutty+North+Koreans+United+Foundation

Looks ... messy. And really not showing a lot of class by NNK. How dare small alliances defend themselves!

[quote name='Vilien' date='23 June 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1277318599' post='2347846']
The Moralist Front would be happy to have you if you'll consider us.
[/quote]

I suggest that you follow up on Vilien's offer via private PM, if you haven't already done so already. He's a great person to work with and experienced alliance leader. (I'm not getting paid to say that either ;) - it's my opinion from experience).

Also, people will probably continue to tell you "get a protectorate" as if you can walk up to any alliance and say "hey, my name is Drugnut and my alliance is being attacked right now, could you please help me out by being or protectors?" which has never been the case from my experience. When you ask for a protector, you're asking the alliance to agree to defend you against ANY other alliance that attacks, often for whatever reason. Most alliances (rightfully) will not do that unless they know you and your group well AND there is some sort of at least token exchange. In many cases, the "price" for protection is far from token. Thus, expect to give up a portion of your alliance's freedom in exchange.

Just generally to new small alliance leaders who may be reading this thread. If you haven't started visiting other alliance forums and getting to know people, do so. The best way to start relations is to start tech trading with them. You can PM me if you have questions. I have two years experience in leading a (then new) micro alliance prior to "retiring" into my current group. I know these issues well ;)

[quote name='General Scipio' date='23 June 2010 - 03:12 PM' timestamp='1277320343' post='2347879']
So you guys have no protectorate?
[/quote]
Get out.

Article I: The Moralist Front hereby protects United Foundation.

Signed,
[i]Vilien, Consul[/i]

For United Foundation:
[i]Drugnut, Leader[/i]

Edited by Vilien

[quote name='Vilien' date='23 June 2010 - 01:23 PM' timestamp='1277321020' post='2347892']
Get out.

Article I: The Moralist Front hereby protects United Foundation.

Signed,
[i]Vilien, Consul[/i]
[/quote]
I declared war at 2:14 pm CST, and your protectorate was signed at 2:23 CST. If you wish to get me to stop my attacks on your protectorate you may take your complaint up with GOONS government. Thank you and have a nice day :)

Edited by General Scipio

[quote name='Vilien' date='23 June 2010 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1277321669' post='2347910']
Do I see a member of GOONS government trying to lecture me on international law?
[/quote]
You better believe it, if we started recognizing one way protectorates, what's to stop one alliance from unilaterally declaring every last microalliance protected by them?

[quote name='Sardonic' date='23 June 2010 - 03:36 PM' timestamp='1277321780' post='2347912']
You better believe it, if we started recognizing one way protectorates, what's to stop one alliance from unilaterally declaring every last microalliance protected by them?
[/quote]
Practicality, I imagine. Or you could stop raiding alliances altogether. What a crazy idea! Regardless, I ask you now as I have in the past to get your boy(s) off my protectorate.