Help for a small alliance?

Drugnut

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vilien' date='23 June 2010 - 02:37 PM' timestamp='1277321847' post='2347915']
Practicality, I imagine. Or you could stop raiding alliances altogether. What a crazy idea! Regardless, I ask you now as I have in the past to get your boy(s) off my protectorate.
[/quote]
Yeah, no, you want them to stop, get the other party to sign.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='23 June 2010 - 03:36 PM' timestamp='1277321780' post='2347912']
You better believe it, if we started recognizing one way protectorates, what's to stop one alliance from unilaterally declaring every last microalliance protected by them?
[/quote]

Also ask NPO about "revised" Revenge Doctrine

edit: moved end quote

Edited by Pomiel

[quote name='Believland' date='23 June 2010 - 03:38 PM' timestamp='1277321904' post='2347917']
If one unilateral treaty isn't enough to keeps some GOONS at bay. Then maybe another one will.
Order of the Sword now protects UF
[/quote]

Bandwagon protectorate. Vilien did it before it was cool.

[quote name='Vilien' date='23 June 2010 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1277321847' post='2347915']
Practicality, I imagine. Or you could stop raiding alliances altogether. What a crazy idea! Regardless, I ask you now as I have in the past to get your boy(s) off my protectorate.
[/quote]
I'm the only GOONS nation tech raiding United Foundation, and I attacked before your "protectorate" was signed.

Edited by General Scipio

[quote name='Sardonic' date='23 June 2010 - 03:39 PM' timestamp='1277321978' post='2347919']
Yeah, no, you want them to stop, get the other party to sign.
[/quote]
Perhaps you should have actually read the treaty, it clearly includes the relevant signatures of the second party. My dear Sardonic, I believe you are losing your touch.

[quote name='General Scipio' date='23 June 2010 - 03:42 PM' timestamp='1277322158' post='2347925']
I'm the only GOONS nation tech raiding United Foundation, and I attacked before your "protectorate" was signed.
[/quote]
Irrelevant. What kind of protector would I be if I allowed violence to be done to my protectees based on a triviality like timing?

Edited by Vilien

[quote name='Vilien' date='23 June 2010 - 02:43 PM' timestamp='1277322196' post='2347927']
Perhaps you should have actually read the treaty, it clearly includes the relevant signatures of the second party. My dear Sardonic, I believe you are losing your touch.
[/quote]
Ah, well done. I see that it is indeed valid, then. You wouldn't forge somebody's signature onto a document though, would you? I would hate to see somebody with such respect for international law as you being so lackadaisical with it.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='23 June 2010 - 03:46 PM' timestamp='1277322363' post='2347929']
Ah, well done. I see that it is indeed valid, then. You wouldn't forge somebody's signature onto a document though, would you? I would hate to see somebody with such respect for international law as you being so lackadaisical with it.
[/quote]
Never, never. The concerned parties were contacted and had their agreement obtained well in advance of this convenient public signing. Thanks for your understanding, I appreciate your ability to control your members as always.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='23 June 2010 - 02:33 PM' timestamp='1277321608' post='2347907']
A one way protectorate isn't terribly valid Vilien.
[/quote]

Why not? The GOONS are good defenders of the rights of individual alliances to make their own decisions on policy and so forth, are they not? Treaties would not be an exception. I would expect that the GOONS would look very unkindly to anyone attempting to tell them what the terms of a treaty they have with someone else can and can not be.

Perhaps a one way protectorate is extremely liberal for Planet Bob, but it's entirely consistent for an alliance called "The Moralist Front" in the same way that tech raiding should not be a surprise to anyone from an alliances called GOONS.

[quote name='Vilien' date='23 June 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1277322196' post='2347927']

Irrelevant. What kind of protector would I be if I allowed violence to be done to my protectees based on a triviality like timing?
[/quote]
Well then I expect you to declare war on Kronos and NEW, as I believe they have techraided your protectorate in the past. Though it was several weeks ago, who cares about time, right man?

[quote name='ktarthan' date='23 June 2010 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1277322597' post='2347934']
Was disappointed on reading the OP to find that this was not a thread about GOONS. I was not disappointed for long.
[/quote]

I do my best.

Edited by General Scipio

[quote name='General Scipio' date='23 June 2010 - 03:51 PM' timestamp='1277322673' post='2347935']
Well then I expect you to declare war on Kronos and NEW, as I believe they have techraided your protectorate in the past. Though it was several weeks ago, who cares about time, right man?
[/quote]
Have you heard the parable of the overextended analogy?

North Korea was trying to complete nuclear trades with our good friends and allies in the United Foundation, but unfortunately a few exploded en route. This may have been due to the fact that we launched them at the United Foundation, rather than transporting them in a safely contained, properly equipped vehicle. After deep consideration from our Dear Leader Kim Jong-Il, North Korea has agreed to stop the shipment of nuclear weapons to the United Foundation, and for cancelling the deal, they can compensate us with 3-4 Hollywood Movies.

If the UF wants to offer us more Hollywood Movies (prefarably that new [i]Juche Idea[/i] film; it looks like an intelligent and glorifying film about our Great Marshall) then they can find us in #NNK.

[center][img]http://img.moronail.net/img/0/0/500.jpg[/img][/center]

[quote name='White Chocolate' date='23 June 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1277322590' post='2347933']
Why not? The GOONS are good defenders of the rights of individual alliances to make their own decisions on policy and so forth, are they not? Treaties would not be an exception. I would expect that the GOONS would look very unkindly to anyone attempting to tell them what the terms of a treaty they have with someone else can and can not be.
[/quote]

Again, because of the way our laws are written, and traditional diplomatic convention, there would be nothing stopping a group from giving a one way protectorate to every microalliance in the world. Such a thing would significantly hamper our raiding efforts, and we would not appreciate that.

[quote name='White Chocolate' date='23 June 2010 - 12:50 PM' timestamp='1277322590' post='2347933']

Perhaps a one way protectorate is extremely liberal for Planet Bob, but it's entirely consistent for an alliance called "The Moralist Front" in the same way that tech raiding should not be a surprise to anyone from an alliances called GOONS.
[/quote]

GOONS would never think of dictating the terms contained in a treaty that did not belong to us. However, there is nothing in the terms of any treaty that says "GOONS may not raid the signatories". (Even if there were, we aren't exactly bound by such terms as we did not sign them.)

GOONS states the decision in its constitution of who it will and will not raid, and we place alliances with diplomatic ties under the "do not raid" column. However in the same vein that we do not recognize "verbal protectorates" that are not made public, we do not consider a unilateral treaty to constitute a "diplomatic tie".

Edit: Please someone announce a treaty with an article stating "GOONS may not raid the signatories." Please.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Vilien' date='23 June 2010 - 01:55 PM' timestamp='1277322895' post='2347936']
Have you heard the parable of the overextended analogy?
[/quote]
Irrelevant. What kind of a protector would you be if you let something as trivial as timing stop you?

Or do those two statements completly contradict themselves? You really are the king of Doublethink.

Edited by General Scipio

[quote name='General Scipio' date='23 June 2010 - 04:06 PM' timestamp='1277323583' post='2347951']
Irrelevant. What kind of a protector would you be if you let something as trivial as timing stop you?
[/quote]
What kind of crazy person would say something like that?

[quote name='Alistair Thorrington' date='23 June 2010 - 08:57 PM' timestamp='1277323002' post='2347938']
North Korea was trying to complete nuclear trades with our good friends and allies in the United Foundation, but unfortunately a few exploded en route. This may have been due to the fact that we launched them at the United Foundation, rather than transporting them in a safely contained, properly equipped vehicle. After deep consideration from our Dear Leader Kim Jong-Il, North Korea has agreed to stop the shipment of nuclear weapons to the United Foundation, and for cancelling the deal, they can compensate us with 3-4 Hollywood Movies.

If the UF wants to offer us more Hollywood Movies (prefarably that new [i]Juche Idea[/i] film; it looks like an intelligent and glorifying film about our Great Marshall) then they can find us in #NNK.

[center][img]http://img.moronail.net/img/0/0/500.jpg[/img][/center]
[/quote]

USN has discussed the issue with NNK and Nuclear Weapons will no longer be used in raids of any kind

[quote name='Vilien' date='23 June 2010 - 02:08 PM' timestamp='1277323705' post='2347954']
What kind of crazy person would say something like that?
[/quote]
You my good friend.

[quote name='Vilien' date='23 June 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1277322196' post='2347927']

[b]Irrelevant. What kind of protector would I be if I allowed violence to be done to my protectees based on a triviality like timing?[/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='General Scipio' date='23 June 2010 - 04:11 PM' timestamp='1277323871' post='2347959']
You my good friend.
[/quote]
You must have me confused with someone else. Please, let's not derail this topic any further.

Ohai,

Im just posting to acknowledge my support towards NNK. An Attack on NNK is seen in my mind as an attack on myself.

Such a shame the only time someone would post on the CN forums, is when he if squirming out of an attack from a stronger alliance... I take pity on any alliance that offers protection to UF.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='23 June 2010 - 02:59 PM' timestamp='1277323152' post='2347940']
Again, because of the way our laws are written, and traditional diplomatic convention, there would be nothing stopping a group from giving a one way protectorate to every microalliance in the world. Such a thing would significantly hamper our raiding efforts, and we would not appreciate that.
[/quote]

If The Moralist Front had announced a one way protectorate to every microalliance in the world, then you have an arguable point. However, what was announced involved one micro-alliance after that alliance requested help. This isn't going to hamper the raiding efforts of GOONS.

Also, originally it wasn't even GOONS that were mentioned in the original OP. One of your members just saw it and attacked as a result. Thus, no GOON was involved until after the OWF post.

Edited by White Chocolate